Hegemony

archimage_a

I think that you have to pay money to subsidize stuff.

And the loans are generally a good idea, except that they often start causing bubbles in housing and stuff.

---

And nice, stealing my idea for prisoners being forced to work in factories during prison time. :)

50 million is sent to Germany for the hydrogen fuel cells (if they will accept it) and 15 million is sent to the think tank for the mining lasers (if they will accept it).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asks Brazil to improve on geography.

Anywho, if we're starting research

-Joint project Hydrogen fuel cells with Japan

50 million

1/X (X= to be modded)

-Vertical Farming

150 million

1/X

-Robotics, AI

150 million

1/X

-Carbon nanotubes

150 million

1/X

-Smart Weapons

150 million

1/X

So that's like 650 Million on resesarch, might spend more

500 million goes into army funding (I haven't decided my army yet)

I will not pay into Brazil's idea, until I see some actual evidence that it works.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Icu, it's called economic stimulus. As I recall, Germany is one of the more prosperous nations in Europe, so would have the most to lose when the European economy tanks (which they surely will without stimulus).

I don't really have much to worry about because developing countries are still growing at a fast rate IRL, though I am personally more concerned about the global economy. Trust me, 10% is not going to put a big dent in your budget but it will certainly have widespread benefits, possibly averting the recession. (Brazil grew some 8% during the recession)

If Germany commits to pledging 10% of its budget towards economic stimulus, then Brazil will match with 10% of its budget, even though Brazil isn't exactly wealthy.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Icu, it's called economic stimulus. As I recall, Germany is one of the more prosperous nations in Europe, so would have the most to lose when the European economy tanks (which they surely will without stimulus).

I don't really have much to worry about because developing countries are still growing at a fast rate IRL, though I am personally more concerned about the global economy. Trust me, 10% is not going to put a big dent in your budget but it will certainly have widespread benefits, possibly averting the recession. (Brazil grew some 8% during the recession)

If Germany commits to pledging 10% of its budget towards economic stimulus, then Brazil will match with 10% of its budget, even though Brazil isn't exactly wealthy.

Sure, but if it fails, I expect compensation.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

That's not exactly how economic stimulus works. Basically everyone chips in a small part of their budget to increase liquidity and project an image that governments are doing crap about the economy. Then investors are happy and continue production, while consumers are confident that they won't lose their jobs and they keep purchasing.

Then recession is averted and everything gets back to normal. I can't afford to compensate you if the stimulus fails, but I thought you'd show global leadership, seeing as you're Germany and all. If it doesn't work, then it's only a small dent and we can try new approaches. If it does work, take some credit in the fact that you helped avert economic collapse. :)

Well I'm not sure if economy works like that. I thought the more money you place into it, the more inflation increases.

Also I thought the recession was all about people borrowing money they don't have I.E taking out loans, credit interest and stuff like that.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Usually if you place money that you don't already have (aka printing money), it increases inflation. There are two things that result in a lack of inflationary tendancies. First, we are not printing any money. Second, we are countering a recession. Usually, recessions result in a lack of inflation or deflation (opposite of inflation), so we are just countering that.

That was how the recession started, but a recession usually continues because of a lack of confidence in the markets, so people hoarde money and companies produce less products, resulting in economic slow down. This is based on my understanding of economics. Hopefully Archi is not a nihilist that thinks that the economic gets screwed every time someone does anything to it (and gets screwed regardless). :)

---

Also, if this is the only thing that we work together on, let's just agree not to screw up the economy and the enviroment, so when we eventually go to pointless wars, we get to win useful pieces of land, rather than a deforested wasteland, kay?

South Africa sends 10 million dollars to gain access to hydrogen fuel cells as well.

I find it amusing that retech has not asked either Japan or America to send money for stimulus (as well as the glorious nation of south africa)

LNYvk.png

I have asked those countries, but we would be incredibly pleased if the glorious nation of South Africa contributed. It would be the first time that an African country tried to save the world economy and would set a good example.

The glorious nation of South Africa is more than willing to donate 15% of its total budget to the betterment of the world economy though it would ask for conditions. Chiefly South Africa asks that the other nations of the world turn against any nation that wantonly invades its neighbors, simply as an act of precaution. The world does not need any more empires or any more nations; African or otherwise chaffing under the yoke of slavery to the mother country.

LNYvk.png

I can agree to this, and hopefully other nations will as well.

Germany also agrees to it, but says "These sort of things only really effect the nations who sign it, so it might not be as effective as you think"

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Ok, it took me most of the night to work out a system...And then an hour and half...then another half after the program deleted, saved, deleted, saved as I progressed...Then an hour looking for a decent database program, abandoned that, went back to web editors...got annoyed, spent two hours watching TV while I downloaded a backup of my old editor(from Space), came back, spent an hour and finished.

Upshot is now, rather than one cluttered txt document I have a shiny website(offline) with hyperlinks and everything so I can keep track far more easily than ever before.

Anyway, I was told there was some confusion about the dates that this was starting. It started 14 hours ago. However, due to the confusion, if people want, I can extend the first day by 24 hours, so people have more time to work out their first moves.

Report:

Japan celebrates fertility better than in previous years, there is no major change this year.

German Security Agents, while on high alert, apprehended several drug smugglers. Interrogation revealed a network of Drug Suppliers reaching back to Brazil, and arrests and seizure of over 300 Million Dollars worth of Illegal Drugs. The knock on effect has been to reduce Brazilian growth by 0.1%. The resulting embarrassment of the Brazilian Ambassador killed the already lame economic stimulus talks.

Germany Leader, Frederik Von Stahl, took time out from his Presidential Tour to attend the London Conference for the Unity of Europe. Unfortunately, due to a poor choice of background, meant to symbolise the forging of a stronger Europe, set against the London Skyline...instead appeared to be London in flames. British Media was highly critical of this, and turned Von Stahl into the next Hitler in Cartoons, making some reference to the research agreements with Japan and the increased security. European press took a less extreme line, but were critical of Von Stahl for this media nightmare.

[hide]

NYUHI.jpg

[/hide]

South Africans are adjusting well to the increased police force, partly due to all the dissenters getting arrested. People have become highly enthused at the prospect of getting the lazy prisoners back to work, and some of the more right wing newspapers have been calling for the government to implement a Trusty System, which would see Inmates take over the running of prisons, which is garnering some support with the population. Of course most of the rest of the world is appalled by the suggestion of murders walking around with rifles and maintaining discipline, especially in Northern Africa, which saw a new tyrant rising just as they were preparing to overthrow their own.

However Southern Africans were willing to overlook this thanks to a visit from Van Zyl, Prime Minister of South Africa, who hosted the African Congress that year, making a powerful speech:

[hide]LNYvk.png[/hide]

In America the turmoil of recent years has finally come to a head, with the impeachment of Sarah Palin. The situation is very tense.

Brazil is calling on a massive investment to...somewhere... which has baffled many world leaders, aside from Japan's, who has invested some 10 Billion. Or, more specifically, put a check for 10 Billion Dollars in the post with the address of 'Economic Stimulus Package, Japan'. It has since been lost.

@Rocco:

Game starts in 2010 because 2011 starts with Japan getting kicked in the face by a 40 foot wall of water. Aside from that GDP figures are mostly for 2010 still...and ultimately, we pay no real attention to the time line usually, so...

I have done the rest of the stats I believe, if there is still a problem please tell me.

Player map + Some Detritus I didn't edit out:

[hide]

9bQw5.png[/hide]

If anyone wants to make a better one feel free.

Also, please, please, please, PM me about research, I won't be chasing people in this game. If you don't specify whether you want Cheap/Fast/Secret I will just assume none of the above. If you overspend then you will lose the money, and if you underspend then the project won't be completed till you make up the costs. If this happens a lot I will change to projects not getting started till you make up the costs for each year of research.

Anyway, Germany research data:

[hide]

Research:

Hydrogen Fuel Cells

Cost: 2 Billion

Paid: 160 Million

Started: 15th

Completed: 23rd

Hydroponic Towers:

Cost: 2 Billion

Paid: 150 Million

Completed: 18th

Artificial Intelligence:

Cost: 100 Trillion

Completed: 14th May

Carbon Nanotubes

Cost: 26 Billion

Completed: 14th April

Smart Weapons

Cost: 500 Million

Completed: 19th

[/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I publically apologise to Britain

OOC (Are Europe pissed? I mean Britain isn't really part of the EU)

I state that such an occurance should not hinder such a crucial part of the future of Europe, especially in such critical times.

German security is praised for their great capture, and the 250 million of the 300, is used to improve the security measures and work conditions for the staff.

50 Million is sent to the Brazillian government.

I also accept Japan's invitation for another join research project.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I publically apologise to Britain

OOC (Are Europe pissed? I mean Britain isn't really part of the EU)

I state that such an occurance should not hinder such a crucial part of the future of Europe, especially in such critical times.

No real effect.

German security is praised for their great capture, and the 250 million of the 300, is used to improve the security measures and work conditions for the staff.

Yeah, unless you plan to sell the drugs you just get a load of drugs.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Oh. Well selling them would be stupid, we keep them stored.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

When you realise police do this all the time, it's going to hilarious.

It's a REALLY big shaft.