Hegemony

archimage_a

Oh, and is there any way to peacfully annex a puppet state of yours?

From the stuff that Arch told me before, they will usually agree to join you after a few resets of things working out.

There is no reason to have a puppet state join you unless you are planning to take a huge hit to prestige, because their GDP is worth so much more as investment.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you do.

It's just that you never get their IAD.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I dunno Retech, you just sound like a sore loser to me..

Also, I think if you overloaded your puppets with an unbelieveable large amount of soldiers, they probably would have risen up, remember that increases tax rate, which means their tax rate increases. Which means their people get pissed off, which means they'll have revolts. If you just start killing off the revolts, other countries would barge in and take you down. It would NEVER of worked in the first place.

If your vision of the world is that as long as it doesn't directly effect you, it wont ever effect you. Then you probably will want to change that.

Also, oh well about paying extra amounts for real life stuff, I purchased a ton of real life stuff and I paid extra, it's not like it was MASSIVELY different, and if it was, then you shouldn't of had such a large military.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I have already said what I have had to say about the situation, so instead of trying to hound me and judge me for a situation that you clearly don't understand, you can just go back to play the game. I can accept when I've been defeated, but that was not why I quit, because I was not even close to a state where I was defeated.

Edit: They don't censor the word jackass anymore. :mellow:

Fine, I'll stop going about it, I'm sorry.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Thank you, and I'm sorry I might have gone a bit overboard with the anger thing. I'm stubborn and defensively like that, and being sick does not help matters. :)

Pretty much given up.

Hegemony's day is passing, people are not interested in smash and grab games, but when something is too complicated they aren't interested either.

Having a mod is a necessity, but no one is ever happy with the cards they are dealt.

Its kinda realistic...people don't stay in control of a country forever, and where mistakes make a country unrunable...

But in a game you don't want to be stopped by anything, you just want everything to go your way.

The game is too long to not be invested, and the turns are too short to get involved.

Inevitably people disagree over issues.

So yes, Hegemony's day is passed, for me at least. I join those such as Ross and Nex who remember the good old days, but know that there will never be a return to them...you cannot walk twice into the same river.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I think Nex only played one more recent hegemony, maybe more if including the ones set in the far past.

And you more than certainly can walk into the same river over again, you just need a blindfold or a really bad memory.

And this game was running smoothly, maybe not at all similiar to the original way or even V2, but that's not because of how we are enjoying it, rather how it is set up. Only once has the old one been replicated, sadly with next to no interrest even from the very beginning.

We can be sure to know, more hegemonies will rise, and some of them will last longer than this.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1