Wilderness agility

VoidRealm

I'm with CrustyGoblinFoot here. Copy-pasting the ever present 'It's the Wilderness, people will try to PK you' amounts to spam, and it's certainly not helpful or constructive to any discussion. What we're dealing with here is the rationalisation of certain individuals who prioritise very little to no benefit to them over the enjoyment of others, the PKer equivalent to a forum troll. As such, I sympathise with the OP.

Heck, I've been PKed while hunting penguins, and telling the PKers so, when I clearly didn't have anything at all on me. It's unhelpful and annoying, and I wish people would stop wasting their time inconveniencing people for no reason.

Sy_Accursed, I've had enough of you. You're a troll, and I think you're part of the reason for the bad atmosphere around these forums. There, I said it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with CrustyGoblinFoot here. Copy-pasting the ever present 'It's the Wilderness, people will try to PK you' amounts to spam, and it's certainly not helpful or constructive to any discussion. What we're dealing with here is the rationalisation of certain individuals who prioritise very little to no benefit to them over the enjoyment of others, the PKer equivalent to a forum troll. As such, I sympathise with the OP.

Heck, I've been PKed while hunting penguins, and telling the PKers so, when I clearly didn't have anything at all on me. It's unhelpful and annoying, and I wish people would stop wasting their time inconveniencing people for no reason.

Sy_Accursed, I've had enough of you. You're a troll, and I think you're part of the reason for the bad atmosphere around these forums. There, I said it.

Thank you so much, I've also been seeing a lot of unhelpful posts or trolling from Sy_Accursed, I was just too polite (or stupid?) to point it out, it creates, like you've stated, a bad/uneasy atmosphere. I also agree with CrustyGoblinFoot:

What do you honestly want people to say? The people who pk agility trainers are lame, but there isn't much you can do about it, other than accept it or try to fight back.

If someone were to respond with something like that, I don't see any problem because that was basically OP's entire point in the first place. OP knows it's just a matter of sucking it up and dealing with it, hence why he ranted in order to get it off his chest.

At least that would be adding to the discussion or expanding on my original rant, instead of spamming unhelpful posts.

EDIT: I am in no way trying to gang up on Sy_Accursed, but his posts are unhelpful, and I needed to point that out, like Will_H did.

simple_storm.png

mushroomheadsig.png

I'm with CrustyGoblinFoot here. Copy-pasting the ever present 'It's the Wilderness, people will try to PK you' amounts to spam, and it's certainly not helpful or constructive to any discussion.

Neither is spamming "yeah, those people are jackasses and sad lowlifes", and yet that's what we had to put up with back in the days of Wilderness 1.0. By the way, this isn't a discussion, there is nothing to discuss here. The original poster got killed by a PKer who, unlike him, was either daring enough to risk good gear or was simply skilled enough to kill him. He just deserved it - logging out, getting better gear or bringing food and outsmarting the PKer were all worthwhile options. (One of my friends told me that his favorite way of dealing a PKer in the agility course is to eat, pray, make it to the stairs that lead down to the skeleton and simply go up/down, disorienting the PKer and making it difficult for him to do pretty much anything.) Fact is, the problem of the original poster is that RuneScape actually got somewhat hard for a moment (thus rising to the level of a 12 year olds' game's easy mode), which was simply too complicated a concept for someone whose greatest challenge so far in his RS career was to click on a tree 1000 times in a row. And I'm totally sick of people who go into the Wilderness yet think that unless they are fully armed, someone is a jackass for even thinking about killing them.

For the couple hundred thousands of people who do not know, there are several reasons for a PKer to kill an unarmed, none of which involves jackassery: hope for good loot, a bit of excitement (you know, PKers can often experience having to walk around the deep wildy for 20 mins without finding anyone), practicing a combat technique or just hoping to get some easy food in order to avoid having to bank just some of said reasons.

All in all, you claim not to want to open a new argument ("I've got this all sorted out now"), then when some moralists come to your defence you immediately come back, reinforced by other people who can actually make a stand for themselves, and proceed to insult people, calling them trolls, spammers, whatnot. And they've done nothing apart from rationally explaining to you why this rant is invalid.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I'm with CrustyGoblinFoot here. Copy-pasting the ever present 'It's the Wilderness, people will try to PK you' amounts to spam, and it's certainly not helpful or constructive to any discussion.

Neither is spamming "yeah, those people are jackasses and sad lowlifes", and yet that's what we had to put up with back in the days of Wilderness 1.0. By the way, this isn't a discussion, there is nothing to discuss here. The original poster got killed by a PKer who, unlike him, was either daring enough to risk good gear or was simply skilled enough to kill him. He just deserved it - logging out, getting better gear or bringing food and outsmarting the PKer were all worthwhile options. (One of my friends told me that his favorite way of dealing a PKer in the agility course is to eat, pray, make it to the stairs that lead down to the skeleton and simply go up/down, disorienting the PKer and making it difficult for him to do pretty much anything.) Fact is, the problem of the original poster is that RuneScape actually got somewhat hard for a moment (thus rising to the level of a 12 year olds' game's easy mode), which was simply too complicated a concept for someone whose greatest challenge so far in his RS career was to click on a tree 1000 times in a row. And I'm totally sick of people who go into the Wilderness yet think that unless they are fully armed, someone is a jackass for even thinking about killing them.

For the couple hundred thousands of people who do not know, there are several reasons for a PKer to kill an unarmed, none of which involves jackassery: hope for good loot, a bit of excitement (you know, PKers can often experience having to walk around the deep wildy for 20 mins without finding anyone), practicing a combat technique or just hoping to get some easy food in order to avoid having to bank just some of said reasons.

All in all, you claim not to want to open a new argument ("I've got this all sorted out now"), then when some moralists come to your defence you immediately come back, reinforced by other people who can actually make a stand for themselves, and proceed to insult people, calling them trolls, spammers, whatnot. And they've done nothing apart from rationally explaining to you why this rant is invalid.

WRONG, I stated in an earlier post that the killer (Who was training agility ONLY wielding a DDS) said "Haha, i'm gonna annoy you, k?" and by the way, he didn't kill me, I ran away then switched worlds, and you go so low as to imply that 12 year olds and below cannot cope with the complexity of the game, very stereotypical and big of you, for you information, I'm 15.

-And now your knocking a skill that is a goal of mine? Wow, if we all thought like you, the whole of Runescape is clicking on things, well done for working that one out, your knocking a skill that many people enjoy and work hard for to achieve whatever it may be (99, money, 200m exp etc), and another thing, Sy_Accursed has posted many times on my topics with either unhelpful or not very useful posts, Will_H has obviously noticed his unhelpful posts as well. Please, don't come back with this as your argument, knocking 12 year olds, Woodcutting as a skill, and my intelligence doesn't make you seem clever or big. THIS IS THE RANTS FORUM, GET OVER IT.

simple_storm.png

mushroomheadsig.png

The original poster got killed by a PKer who, unlike him, was either daring enough to risk good gear or was simply skilled enough to kill him.

Fact is, the problem of the original poster is that RuneScape actually got somewhat hard for a moment (thus rising to the level of a 12 year olds' game's easy mode), which was simply too complicated a concept for someone whose greatest challenge so far in his RS career was to click on a tree 1000 times in a row.

For the couple hundred thousands of people who do not know, there are several reasons for a PKer to kill an unarmed, none of which involves jackassery

We got ourselves a Skiller Killer here! Bigot!

I see, I've wasted my time here, back to the course :rolleyes:

What? Were you expecting us to hug you and pity you? That's pretty sad, if anything.

No. He just didn't expect to be flamed. Tip.it should really rename this forum to the "flame teh n00bz" game. Because in the end, that's all it is. If you want to rant, pose an angry question in Help+Advice. At least useful people post there.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

and you go so low as to imply that 12 year olds and below cannot cope with the complexity of the game

This statement is simply false. Check my post again. (Okay, if you're below 12 year old then it's accidentally true, but still not what I meant.)

-And now your knocking a skill that is a goal of mine? Wow, if we all thought like you, the whole of Runescape is clicking on things, well done for working that one out, your knocking a skill that many people enjoy and work hard for to achieve whatever it may be (99, money, 200m exp etc)

Agility is the skill I'm planning to get a 99 in right now. Don't you tell me about that. I'm just before 93 now, I trained in the wildy from 47 to 60, I got killed once, I avoided death many more times, and I got over all that. When I did die, I accepted that as a result of me going in with nothing but food, and thus making myself vulnerable.

Please, don't come back with this as your argument, knocking 12 year olds, Woodcutting as a skill, and my intelligence doesn't make you seem clever or big.

Did you know this sentence is actually pretty damn hard to understand? I'm not native English, but I consider myself pretty smart when it comes to this language. Still, something here doesn't make sense.

my intelligence [author probably intends to say I'm insulting it - the editor]

Okay, so this has a morsel of truth in it - I didn't really insult your intelligence, I just stated you're unable to deal with the fact that PKers exist in the wild. Point is, though, and Crusty (against his intentions, I'm sure) made a valid point here: I've a problem with skillers; specifically those skillers who think they are entitled to special treatment. "Everyone stop fighting, stand in a line, blow the trumpets: I'm going to skill! In the Wilderness!" Just no.

You're being watched.

and you go so low as to imply that 12 year olds and below cannot cope with the complexity of the game

This statement is simply false. Check my post again. (Okay, if you're below 12 year old then it's accidentally true, but still not what I meant.)

-And now your knocking a skill that is a goal of mine? Wow, if we all thought like you, the whole of Runescape is clicking on things, well done for working that one out, your knocking a skill that many people enjoy and work hard for to achieve whatever it may be (99, money, 200m exp etc)

Agility is the skill I'm planning to get a 99 in right now. Don't you tell me about that. I'm just before 93 now, I trained in the wildy from 47 to 60, I got killed once, I avoided death many more times, and I got over all that. When I did die, I accepted that as a result of me going in with nothing but food, and thus making myself vulnerable.

Please, don't come back with this as your argument, knocking 12 year olds, Woodcutting as a skill, and my intelligence doesn't make you seem clever or big.

Did you know this sentence is actually pretty damn hard to understand? I'm not native English, but I consider myself pretty smart when it comes to this language. Still, something here doesn't make sense.

my intelligence [author probably intends to say I'm insulting it - the editor]

Okay, so this has a morsel of truth in it - I didn't really insult your intelligence, I just stated you're unable to deal with the fact that PKers exist in the wild. Point is, though, and Crusty (against his intentions, I'm sure) made a valid point here: I've a problem with skillers; specifically those skillers who think they are entitled to special treatment. "Everyone stop fighting, stand in a line, blow the trumpets: I'm going to skill! In the Wilderness!" Just no.

Knocking can be used as in "saying things bad against [subject]." and no, CrustyGoblinFoot didn't say that skillers expect first class treatment, he was just stating that it appears/comes as across as you taking a dislike towards skillers.

-You also said

Fact is, the problem of the original poster is that RuneScape actually got somewhat hard for a moment (thus rising to the level of a 12 year olds' game's easy mode), which was simply too complicated a concept for someone whose greatest challenge so far in his RS career was to click on a tree 1000 times in a row.

Which is insulting my intelligence, woodcutting as a skill and those who enjoy woodcutting.

You also just contradicted yourself, "It's accidentally true, but still not what I meant" Why didn't you just say it wasn't how you meant it to come across? Instead of saying it's false then contradicting yourself.

simple_storm.png

mushroomheadsig.png

Let's wrap this up quick, I've other things to do.

Knocking can be used as in "saying things bad against [subject]." and no, CrustyGoblinFoot didn't say that skillers expect first class treatment, he was just stating that it appears/comes as across as you taking a dislike towards skillers.

Yes, as I'm said, I'm taking a dislike towards a specific group of skillers. Exactly my point there.

Which is insulting my intelligence,

Well, yeah, if you want to put it that way. If you're intelligent, you know that this is going to happen, rightfully or not, and you won't waste your breath ranting about it over here.

woodcutting as a skill and those who enjoy woodcutting.

This, on the other hand, is false. Woodcutting is a simple, mindless task, and even a lobotomy patient could do it. That alone doesn't say anything. I'm sure you know that though, and are just nitpicking...

You also just contradicted yourself, "It's accidentally true, but still not what I meant" Why didn't you just say it wasn't how you meant it to come across? Instead of saying it's false then contradicting yourself.

Because I knew it's false, since I did read your post and knew you are 15. The "unless you're 12" part was just pure theory and an afterthought.

You're being watched.

LoL...

Why is it pathetic for one to kill someone in the >WILDERNISS< for anything but bones? and if your lucky some more at the agility course..

I used to kill everyone that ever skulled there, hell i even done it yesterday got me a nice list of DDS++ (19) 4 Dragon Scims and some dragonhide and mystic robes...

Hell i even just kill in the wildy becaus i can.. and to annoy the other if im in a mood to do that.. call it sad.. but its even more sad to cry if your getting killed IN the wildernis where there IS a risk of getting killed.. its there for a reason

USE IT or STAY OUT

Number 1. Did I say I cried because I was killed? Um no.

Number 2. You kill people at the agility area to annoy them? Your exactly the type of person I find pathetic

Number 3. I wasn't skulled?

Number 4. It's "Wilderness."

Pkillers are in fact, pathetic and annoying. Really, that's what they do. Really think about it...you hear a lot of bragging, but for the most part it's bs when you hear of some great haul. Mostly pkers wind up with an inventory of sharks and a potion or two and a bronze dagger. That time could have been better spent somewhere else but somewhere else doesn't give the same satisfaction saying "hahahaha noob, and I did ur mother too" as they spec you 2-3x and boom your dead.

I do agree though, if you don't want to be killed by some 11 year old just for your bones stay out of the wilderness. I only ever went there when Jag had changed it for 2+ years. I've yet to step foot in there since. I stay where the grown-ups congregate. Let the little kids play in the kiddie pool. They'll not get a dime of my stuff. Ever.

This is the internet. Do not feed the trolls and teenagers.

People who PK agility trainers for the usual reward of nothing or some food are jerks. They should not do it.

They will do it as long as it is possible.

That is all.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Pkillers are in fact, pathetic and annoying. Really, that's what they do. Really think about it...you hear a lot of bragging, but for the most part it's bs when you hear of some great haul. Mostly pkers wind up with an inventory of sharks and a potion or two and a bronze dagger. That time could have been better spent somewhere else but somewhere else doesn't give the same satisfaction saying "hahahaha noob, and I did ur mother too" as they spec you 2-3x and boom your dead.

I do agree though, if you don't want to be killed by some 11 year old just for your bones stay out of the wilderness. I only ever went there when Jag had changed it for 2+ years. I've yet to step foot in there since. I stay where the grown-ups congregate. Let the little kids play in the kiddie pool. They'll not get a dime of my stuff. Ever.

actually lmao

pure bs :D

bronze dagger?

there's no such thing as 'time better spent' in runescape - it's all worthless but for the enjoyment derived by a player, that's ALL that matters.

you play a browser-based online fantasy game with dragons, gnomes, unicorns and goblins - best not to get all high and mighty about age and maturity level, eh mate?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Solved!

Bring nothing but food. They have almost zero incentive to kill you, and sometimes that's good enough. If you're wearing some shiny armor and have a weapon/pots/maybe even runes, they might get some loot. If you wear nothing, it's fairly obvious that you have nothing of value on you and it's a waste of time to kill you.

PM me for fitocracy invite

This is why I always bring 4 items, least valuable being a spade. Whenever someone kills me, they will get spade and bones, which I find quite amusing.

Brilliant!

I seem to remember people doing the same thing with Skulls, but I think Jagex might've made skulls untradeable.

Solved!

Bring nothing but food. They have almost zero incentive to kill you, and sometimes that's good enough. If you're wearing some shiny armor and have a weapon/pots/maybe even runes, they might get some loot. If you wear nothing, it's fairly obvious that you have nothing of value on you and it's a waste of time to kill you.

I did that one time while hunting penguins and someone still went after me. -.-

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

and you lost nothing!

Actually you lose some of your bones. That must hurt a lot.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

and you lost nothing!

Actually you lose some of your bones. That must hurt a lot.

No, you see your body is wholly restored. Oh I know, Saradomin breaks the conservation of matter law, but that doesn't matter because he's a demigod.

I'm not an efficienado.

and another thing, Sy_Accursed has posted many times on my topics with either unhelpful or not very useful posts, Will_H has obviously noticed his unhelpful posts as well.

Lol what?

Grow up kid I have posted on a grand total of two of your thread; neither of which were flames. Not my fault you don't like my opinion.

One was a suggestion where I just posted my opinion, as the topic requested, it jsut so happened my opinion was the idea was flawed as I explained.

The other was here, in rants, where I think it was a perfectly valid point I made and much more politely than some after me said it, rants are never productive topics.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^ as a general rule you gotta admit you are pretty irritating though eh mate

:rolleyes:

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

As a rule I don't let ppl slate me for no good reason and as a rule most of my posts are decent.

It's just people remember the bad few from where certain suers start flaming me without any good cause; mostly in help an advice were certain users get very passionate about how wrong I am and how useless I am without ever actually being able to prove me wrong. And then stalk me around that forum jumping on nearly every reply I make, no matter how correct it is and equally posting mocking comments when I am proved wrong and gracefully admit I was wrong.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

never seen a good post by you in H&A though, so i'd agree that you are unhelpful

consider thats its called 'help AND advice' though, nowhere does it state that your advice need be helpful

Rock_Hard.png