[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

I like the requirements for the uber cape; but I think we definitely need a totally end game cape including all those listed above and more.

Even to the point of having things like:

- Completely fill costume room (Toybox excluded obviously)

Just basically every little in-game task tht has some form of "completed" state like the ghost thingy to 100 5 (don't think tht was a quest req yet was it?)

All the crafting tasks from tht romeo and juliet re-hash

repaired the ancient caverns fairy ring

lit the dragon forge.

I'm sure theres even more, that I'm forgetting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QFC: 13-14-674-59348769

Page 11, Post 9

Mod Mmg

Jagex Mod

06-Aug-2009 20:45:29

Q) Hi Hamtaro

Will the RSC cape/other item for RSC players in RS2 be available with the release of the ‘cheat servers’ in a few months, or has the idea been scrapped? If so, will it have a unique emote like a skill cape or a quest point cape?

------------------

A)Hi Hi Hamtaro!

The idea has been scrapped in favour of bringing back the RSC servers.

For once I'm happy to see MMG go back on his word :thumbup:

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Page 11, Post 9

Mod Mmg

Jagex Mod

Q) Hi Hamtaro

Will the RSC cape/other item for RSC players in RS2 be available with the release of the cheat servers in a few months, or has the idea been scrapped? If so, will it have a unique emote like a skill cape or a quest point cape?

------------------

A)Hi Hi Hamtaro!

I don't think this has any bearing on recent postings/events. Note the date from 2009. This is from way back when Jagex had talked about releasing "cheat" servers in a separate system, with the idea that this would reduce botting/etc in normal Runescape. As the answer shows, they ended up deciding against doing it.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Page 11, Post 9

Mod Mmg

Jagex Mod

Q) Hi Hamtaro

Will the RSC cape/other item for RSC players in RS2 be available with the release of the cheat servers in a few months, or has the idea been scrapped? If so, will it have a unique emote like a skill cape or a quest point cape?

------------------

A)Hi Hi Hamtaro!

I'm curious if it is for original RSC players only... or if all you have to do is log into the game to get it. Hopefully for originals only.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

If you look at how many people on the highscores have 99 cooking, and how many of them stay at 13,034,341 XP, you can easily see how many of those guys are doing it just for the cape.

What if it's just for the 99, an achievement independent of the cape?

Zezima, Novalyfe (or something) and....maybe one other person spent YEARS being the only maxed people on the highscores table. Since skillcapes have come out, the amount has increased one hundred fold.

it really shouldnt give better stats. if your maxed you really dont need a better cape, unless your going for 200m and even then i doubt it would help much

I think the capes should all have minimal stats. And in particular the Uber cape. Because if you love Melee - Strength, attack and defence, but not Dungeoneering and getting 99 in all skills. Then you will not be able to get Uber cape if it turns out to have crazy melee stats.

Seriously, why should a player who loves 3 skills have to get 99 in all skills as well reach CRAZY 104M/120 dungeoneering? So with that said, i hope that all capes are decorative and if they do have stats that it can't compare with current capes.

I don't see a problem with say, the quest cape or the uber cape giving +12 prayer though.

Because you need to have access to soul wars capes to unlock those two capes anyways.

That was more or less my main idea anyways. You also need to have access to the alterter for the Uber cape. And the fire cape. What I want is that the uber cape is not inferior to any other cape in the game. So, either taking the highest stats of nomads cape, fire cape, alterter (not to mention arrow retreiving ability) god capes (you don't technically need that for the uber cape, but really....)

However, I realize that might be overpowered. Idk. Maybe make it so you can change the uber cape into basically one of those versions? I'm just not a fan of the concept of picking a different cape then your fave skillcape or whatnot simply because another cape has better stats.

I don't like MA but I like combat, where is my imbued berserker ring? I see no logic in your posts.

Ma for rings take a week, for Uber cape it could take years.

But my point is that you can't say that if you like for example combat, you HAVE to be ablo to get every useful combat item in the game. Herblore benefits combat, firemaking benefits ranged (hand cannon), dungeoneering benefits combat, MA benefits combat.

If they released a cape which takes years to get and which has slighly better stats than any other cape, it would be ok. That won't happen though, but dont assume that you have to be able to get all items you want easily. RS seriously needs more extremely high lvl stuff imo. And not just because I have maxed overall, I've thinked like that for years now. Actually I'd prefer 120 or 126 level caps. RuneScape doesn't allways have to be about getting the very best gear and/or the very best stats.

All i am saying is that items benefiting archers/mages and warriors should not be beyond extreme to obtain. It should be as hard or harder than Elite diary requirements.

But WHY are you saying that when there's no reason to believe that any of these capes will have insane stats? Your argument has no basis whatsoever.

I'm sorry. It's all my fault. It really is. You see, I don't want this thing INFERIOR to any existing cape, so I tried suggestion that it take the best attributes of all the high end capes (alterter, godcapes, fire cape, Nomad's cape) which seemed to have started all this. (All of those capes offer something/better then any other cape.)

too bad they dont release 10 year capes yet...i could already wear it on atleast 2 of my accounts and other one is level 3

2 of my friends are capable to wear that uber cape before they are out but i guess it will be pretty rare sight...price of them should be uber also like 1bil since i think those who can wear, are able to throw 1b easily.

lol. That would just confine it to 'people who have played for 10 years and can merch or didn't trade their holiday items within 8 years'. I think they should definately be within the cost range of the 120 cape, the whole point of them is to show that you've been in the game for 10 years, not that you have loads of rs money. I've been around about 9 years and don't have piles of cash to show for it :P

Yeah idea good stats automatically = rich is dumb.

I get by and do things bit by bit but my money making skills BLOW. Sure I prob have 250mil in various equipment and supplies, but I rarely have more than 10mil in cash and even thts only from saving up for weeks.

DUDE. They should totally make a money cape. To get the money cape you have to be part of the money guild. To get in the money guild you simply have to pay membership dues. RS being RS, you pay your "dues" once.

The membership dues are 2147483648 GP.

I'd prefer it be called "Cape of Completion"

I don't really think it could be called that. There are many things the ubercape seems to leave out.

The requirements for the cape they listed seem a bit underwhelming for something aimed at completionists.

An actual uber cape would have someone do stuff like:

Have max total and questpoints

Complete all tasks

Defeat all champions

Own a complete Dahmaroc statue and Royale Cannon

Unlock Flames of Zamorak, Saradomin Strike, Claws of Guthix and Bones to Peaches

Have the titles of War-chief and Expert Dragon Archer

It might just seem like piling on random requirements, but shouldn't an uber cape be something that people truly have to work for? It would barely take a day to complete every task, probably less than two weeks to do the quests, and by then it'd be surprising if you don't have all music unlocked yet.

It just doesn't feel like Jagex put much imagination into it. If it was released now it'd probably be more common than a professional cape.

This post confuses me. The Uber cape requires all maxed total, all quests, and all tasks if I'm not mistaken. That ain't easy. There's what, 300 or so maxed people?

Considering there's only like 300 and some people maxed, I don't think we need to add anything else to the Uber cape.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Just because 300 people are maxed, it doesn't mean they deserve a cape "for completionists" (as Jagex put it) without completing every reasonable element of the game. It's a bit ridiculous calling it a cape for completionists and then not even requiring things like a Dahmorac statue, War-chief title or Expert Dragon Archer title.

10xy5fk.png

I personally started Easter 2006, so yay. :)

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Just because 300 people are maxed, it doesn't mean they deserve a cape "for completionists" (as Jagex put it) without completing every reasonable element of the game. It's a bit ridiculous calling it a cape for completionists and then not even requiring things like a Dahmorac statue, War-chief title or Expert Dragon Archer title.

Good points. If Jagex is gonna make Uber cape so very hard, then hey fill in all challenges. Minigames, distractions, everything!

Good points. If Jagex is gonna make Uber cape so very hard, then hey fill in all challenges. Minigames, distractions, everything!

I'd like a maxed vyrewatch cremation cape :-D although 500 cremations is quite small, I'd prefer 5k cremations. I love the columbarium <3

2vuhgcn.png

this topic has partly turned in to what people would like capes to be for.

i wouldn't mind a cape saying im a balanced skiller lol.

but really, i think there should not an "uber cape" as such. more like "completion capes" of varying amounts (with the current plan for an uber cape to be very near the top).

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I'd like a maxed vyrewatch cremation cape :-D although 500 cremations is quite small, I'd prefer 5k cremations. I love the columbarium <3

I'd do it. I found getting 500 was a load of fun. I was doing it with my mate, though.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod