Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

When a new skill comes out you will lose the ability to wear the capes listed, and you will have to work your way back thru them bit by bit.

I was told Dungeoneering was their last.

Why would it be the last? People are taking "endgame" wrong. An endgame is something that you can do when you have completed the main part of the game (in this case when you have all the skills 99 and all quest/tasks done), so making a new skill only makes the main part of the game larger.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I hope they don't have much in the way of offensive stats, although they can go wild with the uber cape, since it requires you to have a fire cape anyway.

Did i miss something in the blog, because Fire cape is not required for Uber cape.

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata

I hope they don't have much in the way of offensive stats, although they can go wild with the uber cape, since it requires you to have a fire cape anyway.

Did i miss something in the blog, because Fire cape is not required for Uber cape.

One of the tasks from the old diaries requires you to wear a Fire cape.

Edit: Looking forward to this, although I don't think I can wear the 5 or 10 year cape, I started in Thanksgiving 2006, soz no veteran cape till basically 2017, meaning I'd be like 25 lol.

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

Not to pour cold water on a hot idea, but will they give us all more bank space to store all this junk?

:unsure:

Doubt we will get bank space but pretty safe to assume the cape rack in poh will hold them.

Oh sure -- space for it to go into our PoH will be made available roughly six months after their release date ... <_<

nyuseg.png

Bier
[ Display Name History ]

Bier

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bier

Uber cape - a cape that can only be worn if you can wear the max cape, have 120 Dungeoneering, have gained all possible Quest Points, have completed all Tasks, and have unlocked all music tracks!

You need to wear the fire cape for the Karamja elite tasks.
Posted Image

Nabbagad
[ Display Name History ]

Nabbagad

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 2,877 posts
  • RSN:Nabbagad

When a new skill comes out you will lose the ability to wear the capes listed, and you will have to work your way back thru them bit by bit.

I was told Dungeoneering was their last.

"but with new skills and features added all the time"

I dont think they would have said that if they didnt have any more new skills planned.
Posted Image
My 99s (7)

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

wtf are you on about Judge other than 1 typo in the word work its perfectly coherent.

As soon as a new skill comes up you're gonna lose the ability to wear the max cape uber cape and the capes of 10 and have to wokr1 ur2 way bk3 up (thru4)5 them bit by bit.

1work
2your
3back
4through
5(Redundant part of sentence)

Mhm mhm.

Internet slang has no relevance to coherence of meaning, given that we are using an online medium and everybody reading this will know basic internet slang or have a firm enough graspe of it to figure out what such basic contractions mean.
Equally sure a word may be redundant and extra but it doesn't mean it somehow effects the meaning of the sentence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
This means one thing. Jages DO know when our account were created... Why cant we find out in our a logs?

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata

This means one thing. Jages DO know when our account were created... Why cant we find out in our a logs?

Inb4 Jagex bases veteran capes off play time.

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Shadiochao
[ Display Name History ]

Shadiochao

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • RSN:Shadiochao

For some reason they ask for that information if you're trying to get your account back, so that's probably why they don't say.

FirenLazah
[ Display Name History ]

FirenLazah

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • RSN:Atomsk
Finally an update I can look foward too. I'll be wearing the 60's cape..

Posted Image

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
This seems awesome. I would really like to get a few new capes into the game :). That veteran cape sounds especially nice :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts

Inb4 Jagex bases veteran capes off play time.

That would certainly suck, of course I find it unlikely.

Otherwise, this seems cool. It'll be probably a year or two after they release the 10 year cape that I'll be able to wear it. And oh how shiny it shall feel.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

wtf are you on about Judge other than 1 typo in the word work its perfectly coherent.

As soon as a new skill comes up you're gonna lose the ability to wear the max cape uber cape and the capes of 10 and have to wokr1 ur2 way bk3 up (thru4)5 them bit by bit.

1work
2your
3back
4through
5(Redundant part of sentence)

Mhm mhm.

Internet slang has no relevance to coherence of meaning, given that we are using an online medium and everybody reading this will know basic internet slang or have a firm enough graspe of it to figure out what such basic contractions mean.
Equally sure a word may be redundant and extra but it doesn't mean it somehow effects the meaning of the sentence.

We might all know it, but we don't use internet slang here when it's not necessary, it makes posts much more difficult to read. It's like knowing about the stupid things people often do, but that doesn't justify acting stupid. Redundant phrasing, by definition, doesn't affect the meaning of a sentence, but it reduces coherence, which again makes it more difficult to read.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Redundant words don't effect coherence. Coherence is all about clear meaning. "through them bit by bit" and "them bit by bit" both give the exact same meaning and neither is more difficult to read.
Heck half the time during essay writing you end up going through ADDING redundant words just to fill out that last 50 - 100 words to hit word count.
Equally internet slang isn't harder to read; if it does you got issues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Iamfarming
[ Display Name History ]

Iamfarming

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 142 posts
I was hoping they would add a skill total cape... One can dream I suppose.
Posted Image

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
I wonder if they will alter the the appearance of the current Skill achievement capes to match the layout on the "Master Cape" for dunge? :unsure:

Now THAT would be a nice update ... :thumbup:

nyuseg.png

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts

I wonder if they will alter the the appearance of the current Skill achievement capes to match the layout on the "Master Cape" for dunge? :unsure:

I think the main point of the Master Dg cape was to make it extra special, since 120 is extra difficult to achieve.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

I think the main point of the Master Dg cape was to make it extra special, since 120 is extra difficult to achieve.

Well, thank YOU, buzz killer... <_<

nyuseg.png

zotto
[ Display Name History ]

zotto

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts
It sounds like a pointless future update.

I'd rather have it if they would spend their time on real content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users