[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

Seeing as how Jagex said the Veteran capes will be made available for all to wear, I can't wait to get my own cape! ;D I wonder if it'll be free, or if you'll have to pay for it. Most likely the former.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this can shut up the people that sit there and say, "i played rs 14 years ago and i have 80 billion partyhat sets up i got hacked/gave them away/pked with them and now that i am back i am going to beg you for money and tell you how i deserve your partyhat." Well maybe it won't stop their begging, but at least we can know if they played classic and or been on rs for a while :thumbup:

The capes of distinction will have better stats, they're in a different category from capes of achievement.

the max cape and the uber cape will be the best 2 in game pretty much fact.

Did you get that from the high level forums?

Max Cape has been polled on HLF for over 2 years now, and it was "generally the idea" that it'd be the best cape in game.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Hopefully this can shut up the people that sit there and say, "i played rs 14 years ago and i have 80 billion partyhat sets up i got hacked/gave them away/pked with them and now that i am back i am going to beg you for money and tell you how i deserve your partyhat." Well maybe it won't stop their begging, but at least we can know if they played classic and or been on rs for a while :thumbup:

The capes of distinction will have better stats, they're in a different category from capes of achievement.

Max Cape has been polled on HLF for over 2 years now, and it was "generally the idea" that it'd be the best cape in game.

Ok thank you. I hope it is at least better than the soul wars cape. Even though i won't have access to the maxed cape, i get tired of looking at all these plain blue or red capes lol.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Well already knew most of this but great announcing it properly! woot!

Epic does indeed sound more epic than uber for a cape.

I thought some of the music was impossible to unlock for most people due to certain reasons unless they changed that. Unless it means unlock the music emote.

I would personally prefer the requirements for uber cape didnt force someone to get 100m in a skill to unlock, and I have a 200m skill btw, I personally think its silly to again make that an requirement for anything. Anything over 13m should be down to the player simply wanting to do it for personal reasons. It would been more responsible to keep its requirements minus an absurd number like that for making it achievable within reason. I do believe mmorpgs should have certain responsibilities to keep things within safety levels for people who will train something just for pixels. I know I sure dont enjoy that minigame that much and it should simply be reserved for those who want to train for their own reasons. The same reasons I wouldnt want to see 200m skill capes. Ontop of that - Getting one 100m in any one skill shouldnt really mean one way or another if your less epic than having 100m in dung lol? Its silly imo and just should be excluded for those who simply enjoy certain skills. Its arbitrary at best.

I will be eagerly waiting for the update.

VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<

bazzaminxer.png

Well already knew most of this but great announcing it properly! woot!

Epic does indeed sound more epic than uber for a cape.

I thought some of the music was impossible to unlock for most people due to certain reasons unless they changed that. Unless it means unlock the music emote.

I would personally prefer the requirements for uber cape didnt force someone to get 100m in a skill to unlock, and I have a 200m skill btw, I personally think its silly to again make that an requirement for anything. Anything over 13m should be down to the player simply wanting to do it for personal reasons. It would been more responsible to keep its requirements minus an absurd number like that for making it achievable within reason. I do believe mmorpgs should have certain responsibilities to keep things within safety levels for people who will train something just for pixels. I know I sure dont enjoy that minigame that much and it should simply be reserved for those who want to train for their own reasons. The same reasons I wouldnt want to see 200m skill capes. Ontop of that - Getting one 100m in any one skill shouldnt really mean one way or another if your less epic than having 100m in dung lol? Its silly imo and just should be excluded for those who simply enjoy certain skills. Its arbitrary at best.

I will be eagerly waiting for the update.

Problem with excluding 120 dunge from the epic (uber) cape would be that you still gain total levels from going over 99 dunge, added with the fact that there will be a cape for having all stats at 13,034m exp. Making another cape with the same requirements, but with music/quests/tasks seems slightly pointless and wouldnt be classed as a "completed the game" cape but more of a "completed the game but too lazy to complete the end-game content" cape.

Not sure where you read that it would have better stats than fire cape or soul wars cape.

Looks like primarily a cosmetic cape like all the other ones.

I look forward to my max cape and veteran cape.

I probably can't be bothered with the completionist cape.

My interest in runescape wanes because of battlestar galatica online. 8-)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Problem with excluding 120 dunge from the epic (uber) cape would be that you still gain total levels from going over 99 dunge, added with the fact that there will be a cape for having all stats at 13,034m exp. Making another cape with the same requirements, but with music/quests/tasks seems slightly pointless and wouldnt be classed as a "completed the game" cape but more of a "completed the game but too lazy to complete the end-game content" cape.

I agree with what you say, but on a second thought why not just take up the caps for all skills to 120? Because if these capes will have stats, why not instead raise the caps. That would be more awesome no?

I agree with what you say, but on a second thought why not just take up the caps for all skills to 120? Because if these capes will have stats, why not instead raise the caps. That would be more awesome no?

Considering that most skills do not have a constantly increasing rate of exp, no, no it would not be awesome.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10

99 Defense since 3/14/11 99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11

99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11 99 Prayer since 11/15/11

99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14

99 Fishing since 2/4/14 99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14

99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14 99 Fletching since 11/11/14

99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Jagex seem to be having a hard enough time adding content from 85+ in most skills. At the current rate, it would probably take 35 years for them to make content for all skills up to 120.

Can also throw in that 2m exp per day is quite possible at 110 Dunge, even 1,4m is possible at 99. Many skills don't have exp like that at 99. Jagex would have to create more of an exp curve.

That being beside the point though, since Jagex said they won't be raising current skills.

Jagex seem to be having a hard enough time adding content from 85+ in most skills. At the current rate, it would probably take 35 years for them to make content for all skills up to 120.

Can also throw in that 2m exp per day is quite possible at 110 Dunge, even 1,4m is possible at 99. Many skills don't have exp like that at 99. Jagex would have to create more of an exp curve.

That being beside the point though, since Jagex said they won't be raising current skills.

Dungeoneering is faster than that really. Really good teams can put you in the 300-400k exp per hour range at the really high levels.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

Uber cape? Sound kinda [G], and urber lame, tbh.

Veteran cape :thumbsup:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Great, more capes to wear at the GE I guess? There's a cape for pretty much every combat style or any activity really, and there's a lot of different designs. Just seems like the cape slot is saturated enough already with anything you could possibly want. I'd like to see more boots, amulets, gloves, and rings.

blah i dont like quest and diaries o well ill work on them ;P

i wish thier was a ubercape just for skills tho

considering it cant be worn unless u did the latest quest when i dont always wanna do quest on release day.

StarViv.png

I was already going for 90+ so at least this will make me skill harder to achieve it before the update. Thanks Jagex for hinting at updates like this during university time.

im wondering why they couldn't think of a better name than ubercape

The name sure sounds rushed.

Costantino.png

I think the vet capes will be rarer than people think. Be interesting tos ee next year how many people can get the 10 years one.

I don't think I'm quite ther yet. I been playing rs since its first launch in 2001, but this current account tht I actually stuck with was made late 03 iirc, I know I didn;t start playing it seriously properly til 12th april 04.

So I guess that means I've got 7 heading towards 8 years.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue