*~Coping With Runescape-Addiction~*

Amy

Honestly, the best solution is to not cope with your addiction but to just quit overall. Yes, you can function in real life with an addiction(I did it for about two years) but you will be glad once you finally quit. Even though I had a social life and a 4.0 GPA, being addicted to this game sucked. During class I'd be thinking about RS or when I was out with my friends I'd be thinking about RS. My life has been a lot better since I finally quit.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice tips :) :thumbup:

Personally I think its just too much spare time in most peoples cases (or at least it is for me, being a lazy [wagon] student), rather than an addition. The day this game affects my Social life/Studies will be the same day I quit and I hope its the same for others too.

Edit ~ Jus realised someone bumped this from a 3 year old grave, whoops.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Nice read. Don't really play RS 24/7, but some points may be helpful in the future (maybe If I bother getting a job).

I love how you compared RuneScape to cigarettes. Z0mg Jagex u gaiv me gum dizees!!!1

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I don't see why you have to play in high detail.

You can just play in normal detail and put sounds on, since that seems to be the only reason you give for high detail. Playing in high detail wouldn't make a difference, as I'd assume most people play with sounds off.

Other than that, good guide. Seems like common sense kind of, but hey, I'm sure it will help some people :o

At the end of day people mature with age.

I consider my work - play balance to be in quite a nice equilibrium.

(Work being college work and a part time job, and play being playing computer games/watching films)

I know when i was 13 i didn't listen to advice, - the guide is good but it is debateable whether people will actually read it and put words into practice.

Edit: Way to bump a 3 year old topic. :twisted:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I'm coming up to my second lot of AS exams and i know i play way too much runescape on week nights (about 5 hours) because i have nothing else to do (all my friends live a train journey away so its really not worth going out.)

I think this guide can help, and i know for a lot of other people their exams are fast approaching ( GCSE's, A levels, whatever american exams are etc)

that is why /post

Miseryism | Completionist

whatever american exams are etc

AP exams are the biggest ones (I would know, I'm taking quite a few) and the finals that each individual school gives (there isn't much when it comes to standardized testing in America -- other than AP, there's almost nothing).

This guide is somewhat helpful, but I would advise people to just set RuneScape aside when studying -- it's really much better for you. Some people (I'm one of them) can multitask like that, but I'd say that it would be the safest bet to just set aside RuneScape -- distractions are disastrous when it comes to studying.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Also :shame: :shame: Naughty, naughty bumping old topics.

It is a myth perpetuated by a select few that bumping old topics is against the rules. It is not.

I agree that, if you are addicted to Runescape, don't try to cope-- just stop.

lalalasig2.png

I'm coming up to my second lot of AS exams and i know i play way too much runescape on week nights (about 5 hours) because i have nothing else to do (all my friends live a train journey away so its really not worth going out.)

I think this guide can help, and i know for a lot of other people their exams are fast approaching ( GCSE's, A levels, whatever american exams are etc)

that is why /post

Snap, AS exams coming up soon. I play far too much but I'm not going to try stopping. :twss: I never revise, it's my company policy to do as little work as needed but still get good grades :twss:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Great guide, but I find that RuneScape and schoolwork do not mix well, and they result in poor grades (Well, poor to me, I play RS a couple hours a day and still have a 90+ average in highs school) and inefficient RS time.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I was writting an English essay whilst fishing in Catherby :D I'm addicted to RS, and play about 6 hours a day on weekdays and about 12+ hours on weekends, if i'm not out. I don't really have a problem balancing RS and social life but I could do with tips balancing school and RS, my GCSE exams are in 3 weeks but I can't stop playing on RS :shock:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png