18-Mar-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Veteran Cape Design

Carl

Fine with current poll results for the most part, keep in mind most of RS hasn't seen the poll yet. Meanwhile, I hope only people with accounts that are 5+ years are able to vote.

I really just want the 10 year cape, though I'm 99% sure I'm not eligible for it, I've played 10 years this week, but started on a different account for like 3 years... F*** lol

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine with current poll results for the most part, keep in mind most of RS hasn't seen the poll yet. Meanwhile, I hope only people with accounts that are 5+ years are able to vote.

I really just want the 10 year cape, though I'm 99% sure I'm not eligible for it, I've played 10 years this week, but started on a different account for like 3 years... F*** lol

i was able to vote and my account is just over 2 years old...

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I like the "flames," though my second choice would have been E1.

I probably won't be wearing this cape anyway, so I don't mind what it looks like :P In a few months I should have the 10 year. I will be a bit more picky with my vote on that one if they have a poll for each one.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

I really hope Jagex surprises us on this one like they did with that recolouring poll for dark bows and infinity. I really don't like the current look that's going - the trim is absolutely awful and I don't see why Jagex ever considered that.

"Hey, in the end we decided to let you guys custom-make your Veteran Capes and have created 3215 new items to accommodate for this !"

I can dream.

Personally I'd like A1 B4 C2 D2 E2. (ugh, none of which are in the majority)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well, I don't like the hood that is winning atm, but the rest looks nice according to me :). I look forward to wearing this cape.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Oh fiddlesticks! The worst design V is winning :( They should let only 10 or 5 year old players vote on it really.

For the record: I voted 3 in everything.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I can't get to the poll to vote. I just get told to log in even though I already am. >_< This happened for the last poll too.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I don't mind the flames much (Actually the flames with the bird-like V design reminds me of Fantasia 2000), but I'm not a big fan of the collar, would have preferred B1.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Well it looks like I'm in the minority on Tip.it and in the majority for the rest of RS. I like the E3 the best. Go I can take the hate! =P

I think E4 is the worst and the other two are just a bit boring. I like D3 better than D1 but I can live with it. All the C options are bad I think.

We will just have to see what the final product is then. It will probably be significantly different than the concept art I bet.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

the 2 major things that i found anointing for the dscim content poll where: a, it does not have the original. and b, you can chose the entire pic, but not the details.

but to the point, we can get the details we want. nice to see jagex picking up little things like that.

anyway, i voted:

a2

b2

c3 (they all kinda looked ugly to me)

d1

e1 (they all kinda looked ugly to me) at first i thought the "flame" one was horrible, but now i look back and its not that bad.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Oh fiddlesticks! The worst design V is winning :( They should let only 10 or 5 year old players vote on it really.

For the record: I voted 3 in everything.

I dunno, Merc. I voted for D1 because I like the design. Because it looks like a bird of prey opening it's wings :P. Aside from C3 and E2, I voted the same as the current leaders.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I must be the only one that wishes Jagex would simply let their art director make the choices for all the capes.

Since when were the typical adolescent boys that usually plague MMORPGS capable of making a stylish choice? icon_e_confused.gif

It's a shame that Jagex didn't leave one of the less important cape decisions to the community rather than this one, eg one of the all skills 10/20/30.. capes.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

veteran01.png

a3, b3, c2, e1, d1

thats what i prefer at least. the main thing i dont want is the flames. ew.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Do you think they'll base the cape off a generic year like all accounts in 2004 = 7 years from 2011, or do you think they're basing off actual creation date.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

D2 looks very simply and clean, I like it.

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight, it's hard to let it go.

Hah! A KH fan I see. Or do you just remember the lyrics from all the commercials?

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis