18-Mar-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Veteran Cape Design

Carl

Personally, I think it should be the Lumbridge Sage. I mean, he's been there since I started and he doesn't give any sort of cape out. It would be somewhat fitting, imo.

As a future vet cape owner (whenever they come out) I resent lumby sage giving it out. He wasnt even around when I started, he was just thrown in by some arbitrary random update.

Im sure Hans was too but I do remember hans being around when I started. There are probably more historic NPC's that would be a better choice though.

How about Cook? Wasn't the Cook's quest the first quest ever?

List of Lumbridge NPC's from RS Wiki:

Duke Horacio, an official involved in several quests

Sigmund, a member of H.A.M. and a former adviser to Duke Horacio <-- he's dead to me.

Fred the Farmer, found at the farmhouse south of Mill Lane Mill

Father Aereck, a priest who worships Saradomin in the church

Bob, owner of Bob's Brilliant Axes

Hans, a helpful but easily-frightened NPC found in the courtyard of Lumbridge Castle

Chief Thief Robin, found in the new thieving guild

Cook, Duke Horacio's personal cook, who is the starting point for Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster

Darren Lightfinger, head of the thieving guild

Sir Vant, a White Knight guarding the underground lair of a dragon. Players who have done Unstable Foundations instead of the old tutorial (where the

dragon was only forced back, instead of killed) will find him in the White Knights Castle in Falador.

Barfy Bill, a retired pirate and canoe expert

Explorer Jack, a famous explorer currently resting in northern Lumbridge

Doomsayer, the danger sign guide

Lachtopher, a lazy-bones recently left homeless

Victoria, worried about her brother, Lachtopher

I'd vote for Lachtopher ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think it should be the Lumbridge Sage. I mean, he's been there since I started and he doesn't give any sort of cape out. It would be somewhat fitting, imo.

As a future vet cape owner (whenever they come out) I resent lumby sage giving it out. He wasnt even around when I started, he was just thrown in by some arbitrary random update.

Im sure Hans was too but I do remember hans being around when I started. There are probably more historic NPC's that would be a better choice though.

He was already there in 2003 though, so he has been around for quite some time.

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Bring Romeo back to be the cape seller :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have a nice idea.

Make a quest that will somehow ignite some of the "veteran" feeling back into the player, whatever that may be.

Say at some point during the quest you lose your stats, making you a "newb" for the duration of the quest. Forcing you to run from scorps in the scorp pit, mine tin and copper south of varrock and run to lumb to smelt it, than back to varrock to smith it etc..

I see myself having to gather bits of the cape from around Misthalin and Asgarnia and re-doing fractions of old quests, speaking to old quest characters like the beggar in varrock and the drunk dude in the blue moon inn.

That would be kinda cool.

But my guess is that you can just buy it straight off Thessalia in the varrock clothes store. :rolleyes:

I have a nice idea.

Make a quest that will somehow ignite some of the "veteran" feeling back into the player, whatever that may be.

Say at some point during the quest you lose your stats, making you a "newb" for the duration of the quest. Forcing you to run from scorps in the scorp pit, mine tin and copper south of varrock and run to lumb to smelt it, than back to varrock to smith it etc..

I see myself having to gather bits of the cape from around Misthalin and Asgarnia and re-doing fractions of old quests, speaking to old quest characters like the beggar in varrock and the drunk dude in the blue moon inn.

But my guess is that you can just buy it straight off Thessalia in the varrock clothes store. :rolleyes:

One of the best ideas I've ever heard of, amazing nothing like it exists yet. :|

I have a nice idea.

Or we could do the old tutorial island for the cape :thumbup:

The thought of this makes me want to cry.

I'd be totally up for a re-visit of Tutorial Island, more proof of that strange brand of RS Nostalgia.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I agree, I'd really enjoy going back to the old tutorial island. So much nostalgia...

I've gone through the new tutorial on a new account, and its crap compared to the old one IMO.

Random: Anyone remember what level Vannaka was inside the cave where the rats were?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

My character was made before tutorial island so a visit there would not be nostalgic for me. I prefer fooks idea.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I agree, I'd really enjoy going back to the old tutorial island. So much nostalgia...

I've gone through the new tutorial on a new account, and its crap compared to the old one IMO.

Random: Anyone remember what level Vannaka was inside the cave where the rats were?

Stellactic.gif

ahhh... tutorial island.

oh how i spent half an hour trying to figure out how to play music at the chef guy.

good times.

anyway, tutorial island is somewhere where people want to go, its a shame having it there and the tuters being all lonely :( (or have thay retired and trained the ones around lumbrige now? :P)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

My character was made before tutorial island so a visit there would not be nostalgic for me. I prefer fooks idea.

Actually, my character was created pre-island too (warrior class), but I think it'd be fun just for me to be thrown onto that island which I never really got to experience.

Heck, I remember when even the so-called Lumbridge Sage was just a black guy labelled as "Guide" :blink:

Getting the cape from Hans would be funny, I think. Even funnier if you can threaten him to give it to you.

Attack Hans (level-0)

GOGOGOGOGO

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hm, cool. Have to wait til next year for the 10 year one then. I like the first design the best.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I have a nice idea.

Hee hee hee -- I like this idea.

With enough twists and turns, it could be a lot of fun and very funny ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

ahhh... tutorial island.

oh how i spent half an hour trying to figure out how to play music at the chef guy.

good times.

anyway, tutorial island is somewhere where people want to go, its a shame having it there and the tuters being all lonely :( (or have thay retired and trained the ones around lumbrige now? :P)

they are still there, one of my accounts was made back in the tutorial island days but i never completed the tutorial so its still there :P :thumbup:

LOL.

Oh, I remember staying on the Tutorial Island for 2 days because the mage said I could never return to the island, once teleported by him to Lumbridge. XD

Dang, my 8th year of RuneScape started one of these days, miss those early days so hard. XD

Is there any way to figure out exactly when you started playing? I remember I think making this account in about 2006, early on in the year. So I know I've played over 5 years just not exactly sure how much.

Oiler1k.png

Is there any way to figure out exactly when you started playing? I remember I think making this account in about 2006, early on in the year. So I know I've played over 5 years just not exactly sure how much.

Nope :(

2s0cxth.png

I think someone suggested somewhere having the veteran cape give you an infinite teleport option to tutorial island - I'd love that <3: also I'd want the old dance emote as the veteran cape emote (if there is any emote). The old dance emote rocked

2vuhgcn.png