arcsin(mak) = diy

About two weeks after creating a DIY account, I've decided to start logging my progress here (and prove how much of a noob I am). I plan on casually playing this account; I used up all of my 'hardcore' playing on my main.

Here's basically what I'm going by for this account (for those who are interested):

-No GE/trading with other players (aside from certain parts of Heroes' Quest and Shield of Arrav)

-No group Dungeoneering

-No looting others' drops (or loot/coin sharing)

-No assists

-No rewards from BA/SC (think these are the only two)

-No Pest Control/Soul Wars (aside for Quiet Before the Storm and Nomad's Requiem)

-No clan/friend chats for penguin points

-No referrals

If I forgot something, I'll edit it in later.

There's really nothing to post about just yet, but with my exams being over as of today, I should have something soon, but to start off my blog, I guess I'll just post my stats. I don't really have any goals besides to see how far I can take this account/play style.

Current stats:

Arcsine.png

Starting stats:

startingstatsr.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorc garden for herb xp bro. Also, you can get loads upon loads of rcing xp if you mine the essence yourself.

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

I tried Sorc Garden for a while actually, and I didn't really care for it. I don't really need herb xp atm, and I have plenty of herbs/potions from Slayer/Thieving, so I'm probably good there for awhile. No plans on really training Runecrafting unless there's a quest I want to do that requires it, so it'll probably stay low.

Not much has happened since I last posted since I've been somewhat busy with school, but I did just complete Waterfall.

waterfallquest.png

Finally did Lost City, just need to get 60 attack for the longsword; probably won't ever wield a rune scimitar on this account. Also got a somewhat interesting reward from a clue; adamant platebody + skirt both h1 from the same clue. Still waiting for something useful though.

lostcity.png

cluenn.png

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! Now, Do While Guthix zsleeps DIY Style and you get a geepee.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck!

I've got a DIY account and its not easy so big kudo's to you. ^_^

Thanks, and yea it's still pretty hard. Magic's pretty much my only major obstacle atm. I have a clue scroll that requires the Mage Guild, and I'm nowhere near the required level.

Very nice! Now, Do While Guthix zsleeps DIY Style and you get a geepee.

I'm getting there, lol. Currently have 124 qp. Quests aren't that bad, aside from the few quests I normally could do by now, but require something annoying to get, like Fremmy Trials.

Also decided to turn in a few penguins that I've been saving up from wandering around, so no more having to worry getting owned by quest bosses:

43prayer.png

I must say, your stats are pretty pro, even for a low level non-diy'er you'd have pretty good stats.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

WqvZe.png

92 Fishing | 92 Firemaking | 92 Dungeoneering | 99 Cooking

100% FTP | 800+ Total | 19 Combat

Optima dies.. prima fugit. .::. Forever a Harpy

I must say, your stats are pretty pro, even for a low level non-diy'er you'd have pretty good stats.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

Harassed one of my friends enough so they'd help me with Heroes' Quest; glad to finally have that out of the way.

heroesquest.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice progress :)

but just a quick noobie question, what's a DIY account ? :P

DIYers avoid the GE and any real sort of player interactions. While they can lootshare/coinshare, they do not accept donations or gifts. Nor droptrade between accounts and I believe they disclude req assit apart from filling effigies. (I don't know about effigies)

Luck be a Lady