ROW is still junk for pvm

canadiansmurf

Has the ring of wealth worked for you?

It seemed to make a difference the first day, I'm not talking about the glitch but just the first day after that.

Now it just appears to be the same junk as before coins, a few gems, a few alchables.

No outstanding good drops and I have never received some of the amazing resource drops yet.

Am i just unlucky yet again?!

we can't tell because the sample size of the special drops are so low, and jagex, being the idiots that they are, refuse to release information on how their games and mechanics actually work

It seemed to make a difference the first day, I'm not talking about the glitch but just the first day after that.

Now it just appears to be the same junk as before coins, a few gems, a few alchables.

No outstanding good drops and I have never received some of the amazing resource drops yet.

Agreed 1st row drop was uncut dragonstone, after that only like 400gp cash piles, various uncut gems from sapphire-diamond and a nature tally

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Agreed 1st row drop was uncut dragonstone, after that only like 400gp cash piles, various uncut gems from sapphire-diamond and a nature tally

The cash piles are an insult. The ROW should at least just pick up cash drops for you as it generates so many. I would take food over cash drops as well and ROW seems to lower food drops so it's less useful.

we can't tell because the sample size of the special drops are so low, and jagex, being the idiots that they are, refuse to release information on how their games and mechanics actually work

i'd agree but then the whole game would be too "conquered" in a sense (by those like quyneax haha) and rs would be more of a math class than a game

plus, people would be more pissed off when jagex gives out the 1/x drop for claws, and people kill x tds and rage(quit).

i'd agree but then the whole game would be too "conquered" in a sense (by those like quyneax haha) and rs would be more of a math class than a game

plus, people would be more pissed off when jagex gives out the 1/x drop for claws, and people kill x tds and rage(quit).

Knowing my luck it I'd kill liek 3x then give up, and that is why I don't kill bosses. Best drop ever is dragon plateskirt lol

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

More to the point, what else are you going to equip in your ring slot that gives you better odds?

a ferocious ring in kuradal's dungeon increases your odds by 10%

a zerker i increases your odds by around 5%

More to the point, what else are you going to equip in your ring slot that gives you better odds?

a ferocious ring in kuradal's dungeon increases your odds by 10%

a zerker i increases your odds by around 5%

Equip as required then. Simple. ROW is still better than anything else while just training and hoping to make slightly more wealth

Leylen.png

Well, my dragon chainbody from dust devils, abyssal whip and 3 effigies in 2 days whereas I only had 2 from the release of effigies seem to differ.

I've also gotten more effigies lately, although it's far too early to make any kind of developed, educated opinion. People need to give things like this more time before the flood of rants come in.

clansig7.gif

Well, my dragon chainbody from dust devils, abyssal whip and 3 effigies in 2 days whereas I only had 2 from the release of effigies seem to differ.

I've also gotten more effigies lately, although it's far too early to make any kind of developed, educated opinion. People need to give things like this more time before the flood of rants come in.

We really need 100+ ROW drops from the same monster logged. Good Comment.

Leylen.png

I haven't used mine yet, but fellow abby campers told me the drops only make a difference

in the special drops you get from wearing ROW. It doesn't seem to work on

slayer drops or "rare" drops like dragon drops, crystal keys, d stones, or effigies.

How about ROW for slayer/pvm and zerk/ROV for pvp?

I still think ROW is not worth it. I would love a few extra str bonuses over a ring that doesn't help at all.

72862.jpg

Someone mentioned up top that a 50-70k ring should not give massively better drops that will make you millions.

Well he is right, even if you cut out the fact that the price of a ROW is artificial the raw materials to make one are easily obtainable, D stone from a buyable crystal key or a crystal key that you find in pvm, then a gold bar to make a ring. A high crafting level and a decent mage level and there you go, a brand new ROW something that you can make in a short(ish) amount of time, not something that should make you millions of gold...

You get what you pay for, stop ranting and deal with it

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

That's just luck. Jagex have stated Row doesn't work for effigy drops.

Does wearing a RoW increase the likelihood of finding Effigies as drops? The message from the RoW activates too frequently to actually tell what part of the drop it is effecting.

Mod Piesche: No - the ring does not improve Effigy drop chances.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

“Does wearing a RoW increase the likelihood of finding Effigies as drops? The message from the RoW activates too frequently to actually tell what part of the drop it is effecting.”

Mod Piesche: No - the ring does not improve Effigy drop chances.

Edit: Got beat to it ^

L2patience

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

The cash piles are an insult. The ROW should at least just pick up cash drops for you as it generates so many. I would take food over cash drops as well and ROW seems to lower food drops so it's less useful.

The cash piles are insults? Since wearing the RoW on tasks (switching to it as the monsters die (really not as much work as people make it out to be)) I've gotten a 7k coin drop from dust devils, and a 12k coin drop from steel dragons. Lately I've started picking up all coin drops when doing slayer (after I got 99 summon since now I have extra room for drops what with not picking up charms) and before the RoW update I would generally get 5-12k coins or so per task, now I've been getting roughly 10-30k coins or so depending on how often the coins drop. I'm not sure about you, but with having done over 500 slayer tasks, I really wish I'd been picking up coins the whole time....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

omfg 30k per task

And over the 536 tasks I've done, that would be an extra 16m cash that I'd have.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

omfg 30k per task

And over the 536 tasks I've done, that would be an extra 16m cash that I'd have.

^ and the time spent clicking to collect these coins?

not worth it

at least the row could have picked up piles of coin drops that would have been a good reason to wear it

as it is i'm going back to my ring with the str bonus.

i can passively earn more than 16 mill by doing the kingdom that takes less time than doing 536 tasks

omfg 30k per task

not worth it

at least the row could have picked up piles of coin drops that would have been a good reason to wear it

i can passively earn more than 16 mill by doing the kingdom that takes less time than doing 536 tasks

It's not hard to pick up drops on the way to the next monster you will be fighting, nor is it hard to figure out that you can walk about 2 spaces inbetween each time your whip/rapier hits. So really, the time spent picking up the coins is nothing. You're there to kill the monsters for slayer, if you can't loot efficiently, that's your problem.

I also use a zerker ring/fero ring while slaying, like I said, it is really minimal work to click on a ring as the monster red bars, then click on your main ring again after the loot appears.

I never claimed that the extra 30k profit per task was faster money than anything else, all I said was that it wasn't an insult.

ITT: Inefficient person complaining that a ring doesn't pick up objects for him.

omfg 30k per task

not worth it

It's not hard to pick up drops on the way to the next monster you will be fighting, nor is it hard to figure out that you can walk about 2 spaces inbetween each time your whip/rapier hits. So really, the time spent picking up the coins is nothing. You're there to kill the monsters for slayer, if you can't loot efficiently, that's your problem.

I also use a zerker ring/fero ring while slaying, like I said, it is really minimal work to click on a ring as the monster red bars, then click on your main ring again after the loot appears.

I never claimed that the extra 30k profit per task was faster money than anything else, all I said was that it wasn't an insult.

ITT: Inefficient person complaining that a ring doesn't pick up objects for him.

Who bothers paying that much attention to the game? I afk slay as much as I can, I can't be bothered to juggle rings and then pick up every measly coin drop.

A good update will be to meld the row to the existing stat boosting rings in the game, that this WAS NOT done is a huge oversight.

You do realize that if the ring were to pick up coins it would make it more efficient? We do have objects to pick up or automatically use bones, herbs or gems, why not coins.

We also need an object to pick up charms, the less clicking the better with make-x why make combatters suffer.