ROW is still junk for pvm

canadiansmurf

I dunno why we don't just have things to pick up charms and coins and [cabbage]. The "barrier of laziness" has already been broken. Charmchompa somethin...

I welcome whatever else!

Um, on topic, is the ROW the only thing that allows us to get the "new" drops?

I think I'll be wearing the ROW for a while yet, although I do have Berserker I...

2dgucz6.png

omfg 30k per task

And over the 536 tasks I've done, that would be an extra 16m cash that I'd have.

^ and the time spent clicking to collect these coins?

not worth it

at least the row could have picked up piles of coin drops that would have been a good reason to wear it

as it is i'm going back to my ring with the str bonus.

i can passively earn more than 16 mill by doing the kingdom that takes less time than doing 536 tasks

It's not hard to pick up drops on the way to the next monster you will be fighting, nor is it hard to figure out that you can walk about 2 spaces inbetween each time your whip/rapier hits. So really, the time spent picking up the coins is nothing. You're there to kill the monsters for slayer, if you can't loot efficiently, that's your problem.

I also use a zerker ring/fero ring while slaying, like I said, it is really minimal work to click on a ring as the monster red bars, then click on your main ring again after the loot appears.

I never claimed that the extra 30k profit per task was faster money than anything else, all I said was that it wasn't an insult.

ITT: Inefficient person complaining that a ring doesn't pick up objects for him.

Who bothers paying that much attention to the game? I afk slay as much as I can, I can't be bothered to juggle rings and then pick up every measly coin drop.

A good update will be to meld the row to the existing stat boosting rings in the game, that this WAS NOT done is a huge oversight.

You do realize that if the ring were to pick up coins it would make it more efficient? We do have objects to pick up or automatically use bones, herbs or gems, why not coins.

We also need an object to pick up charms, the less clicking the better with make-x why make combatters suffer.

From what I'm getting out of this, your real problem isn't with combatters suffering, it's with the fact that you want to be able to play without paying any attention, and dislike the fact that people who pay attention to fighting can get the rewards from it more easily. The game doesn't need to cater to your needs so much that combat becomes as simple as setting your character in a room of aggressive monsters and looking back every minute or so to see where your health is at (although it is basicly like that already, just no loot for the lazy people). Face it, you're just too lazy to pick up drops yourself, and essentially want gameplay to be like botting for you (picks up your coins, burries your bones, picks up your charms, etc.)

What's next, do you want your character to eat automatically when he falls below 500 lp?

Also, what automatically does anything with gems? We have the gem bag, but that requires YOU actually picking up an object, and YOU actually putting the gem into the bag.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I dunno why we don't just have things to pick up charms and coins and [cabbage]. The "barrier of laziness" has already been broken. Charmchompa somethin...

I welcome whatever else!

I think I'll be wearing the ROW for a while yet, although I do have Berserker I...

No, you don't need to be wearing the RoW to get the new drops, it just increases your chances of getting them apparently. You also don't need to wear the RoW for the whole kill, just put it on before the loot appears on the ground, then switch back to your Zerker (i) ring once the loot appears. *awaits the typical response of: Lol, that's way to much work*

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

I welcome whatever else!

No, you don't need to be wearing the RoW to get the new drops, it just increases your chances of getting them apparently. You also don't need to wear the RoW for the whole kill, just put it on before the loot appears on the ground, then switch back to your Zerker (i) ring once the loot appears. *awaits the typical response of: Lol, that's way to much work*

Thanks, and yeah, you're right, that is my response. I kill most Slayer monsters in 3-4 hits with or without my nooby Berserker I... :mellow: I'm not too worried about it.

2dgucz6.png

More to the point, what else are you going to equip in your ring slot that gives you better odds?

a ferocious ring in kuradal's dungeon increases your odds by 10%

a zerker i increases your odds by around 5%

very true.

however, i am a player who has money for a 3 million gp ring or 75 slayer.

my only other option is lumby ring 4, that although is very useful, is not as useful as an extra drop.

case in point, RoW is not very good, but any ring of comparable cost is worse.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

More to the point, what else are you going to equip in your ring slot that gives you better odds?

a ferocious ring in kuradal's dungeon increases your odds by 10%

a zerker i increases your odds by around 5%

very true.

however, i am a player who has money for a 3 million gp ring or 75 slayer.

my only other option is lumby ring 4, that although is very useful, is not as useful as an extra drop.

case in point, RoW is not very good, but any ring of comparable cost is worse.

5m (its 5m not 3) and 75k are pretty comparable actually. They both take a negligible amount of time to gain.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

we can't tell because the sample size of the special drops are so low, and jagex, being the idiots that they are, refuse to release information on how their games and mechanics actually work

i'd agree but then the whole game would be too "conquered" in a sense (by those like quyneax haha) and rs would be more of a math class than a game

plus, people would be more pissed off when jagex gives out the 1/x drop for claws, and people kill x tds and rage(quit).

Knowing my luck it I'd kill liek 3x then give up, and that is why I don't kill bosses. Best drop ever is dragon plateskirt lol

If a given item's drop rate is 1/x, then if you kill 3x of the monster, you have about a 95% chance of obtaining that item over the 3x kills. By saying that, I mean if you killed 3x of the monsters a large number of times, you would get at least one drop of the item in 95% of the large number of times. While this may seem high, it also says that if you took a large number of people and had each of them kill 3x of the monster, about 95% of them would get at least one drop of the item. So 5% or 1 in 20 would not get the item which with the several million people that play rs means there are still thousands that, statistically, would not receive the drop after 3x kills.

Well, my dragon chainbody from dust devils, abyssal whip and 3 effigies in 2 days whereas I only had 2 from the release of effigies seem to differ.

I've also gotten more effigies lately, although it's far too early to make any kind of developed, educated opinion. People need to give things like this more time before the flood of rants come in.

Me too. I've gotten a few more effigies - however like you said we need to give it much more time.

Well, my dragon chainbody from dust devils, abyssal whip and 3 effigies in 2 days whereas I only had 2 from the release of effigies seem to differ.

I've also gotten more effigies lately, although it's far too early to make any kind of developed, educated opinion. People need to give things like this more time before the flood of rants come in.

Me too. I've gotten a few more effigies - however like you said we need to give it much more time.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Before the update, I went 450k slayer exp without any effigies, after the update, I've gotten about 5 or so in 200k slayer exp. Although, Jagex claims the RoW doesn't affect the effigy drop rate. :-k

Initially when effigies came out, I was consistently getting one to three per task, then that dropped to almost nothing. Come the update and I'm back at 1-3 again while wearing the Ring of Wealth despite what Jagex says. :lol: I haven't really noticed an increase in drops though. Got a dragon dagger, but that was probably it. Initially it seemed to be working for Treasure Trails as well, but I'm not quite sure (got junk the past two clues I did, previous one before those gave me a Rune Platebody H3). Guess I'll try my luck at my iron dragon task.

Mind you, I'm not assuming the Ring of Wealth will work 100% of the time, but bleh. Maybe I better go on my level 1 clue scroll spree again and try my luck there lmao.

Got quite a lot of gems though that's for sure. :mellow: Thank goodness for the gem bag.

:P I've gotten into the habit of picking up almost every single coin after each kill, if only because on F2P it's taught me that every penny counts and it can add up quite nicely over time.

Initially when effigies came out, I was consistently getting one to three per task, then that dropped to almost nothing. Come the update and I'm back at 1-3 again while wearing the Ring of Wealth despite what Jagex says. :lol: I haven't really noticed an increase in drops though. Got a dragon dagger, but that was probably it. Initially it seemed to be working for Treasure Trails as well, but I'm not quite sure (got junk the past two clues I did, previous one before those gave me a Rune Platebody H3). Guess I'll try my luck at my iron dragon task.

Mind you, I'm not assuming the Ring of Wealth will work 100% of the time, but bleh. Maybe I better go on my level 1 clue scroll spree again and try my luck there lmao.

Got quite a lot of gems though that's for sure. :mellow: Thank goodness for the gem bag.

:P I've gotten into the habit of picking up almost every single coin after each kill, if only because on F2P it's taught me that every penny counts and it can add up quite nicely over time.

Don't trust the level one clues for money haha. I've been pickpocketing ham members lately just to try for same zammy pages from clues in hopes of making a quick bit of cash but well.... 14 level 1 clues done now all with RoW on and not a single reward over 10k. All the rewards have been a few runes and some noted trout/salmon or whatever, oh, and quite a few biscuits.

Edited by My_Eggs

[spoiler=Quotes]

Initially when effigies came out, I was consistently getting one to three per task, then that dropped to almost nothing. Come the update and I'm back at 1-3 again while wearing the Ring of Wealth despite what Jagex says. laugh.gif I haven't really noticed an increase in drops though. Got a dragon dagger, but that was probably it. Initially it seemed to be working for Treasure Trails as well, but I'm not quite sure (got junk the past two clues I did, previous one before those gave me a Rune Platebody H3). Guess I'll try my luck at my iron dragon task.

Got quite a lot of gems though that's for sure. mellow.gif Thank goodness for the gem bag.

tongue.gif I've gotten into the habit of picking up almost every single coin after each kill, if only because on F2P it's taught me that every penny counts and it can add up quite nicely over time.

Don't trust the level one clues for money haha. I've been pickpocketing ham members lately just to try for same zammy pages from clues in hopes of making a quick bit of cash but well.... 14 level 1 clues done now all with RoW on and not a single reward over 10k. All the rewards have been a few runes and some noted trout/salmon or whatever, oh, and quite a few biscuits.

Before the update, I did 200+ level one clue scrolls for about a week and got 8mil. Slow yes, but hey it was fun. Friend of mine did the same thing but got 18mil. >.<!

Guest jrhairychest

I'm content with it. Why should a 50-70k ring provide such a huge drop advantage? Never understood why people have such inflated expectations with every little update.

:thumbup: