Libya Uprising thread

The Dark Lord

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are rich enough in oil that, given a good and fair government, they have the potential to because a very strong, developed country.

gl with that

They also have to built a democratic culture from a decentralised tribal one without any real institutions - ie, much harder than Tunisia or Egypt. Misrata have already been complaining about things.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

They are rich enough in oil that, given a good and fair government, they have the potential to because a very strong, developed country.

gl with that

They also have to built a democratic culture from a decentralised tribal one without any real institutions - ie, much harder than Tunisia or Egypt. Misrata have already been complaining about things.

There are going to be disputes & complaints about a lot of things, the important thing is how the various factions deal with the disputes. If they are able to agree to disagree and work together for the common good then tthey will be fine, if it becomes anything creates further bloodshed then it will get bad. I don't see the latter happening to be honest, the NTC seems to have dealt with the majority of the disputes that have come up well so far.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)