Interview with Chessy018's hacker -unreleased pics inside-

RS2FactSheet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

INteresting, but there is one thing to remember:

Chessy was only recovered because she exposed herself all over the net saying she was probably the richest player around. There are probably players with more money, but those may not be known.

I'm not an efficienado.

Chessy was only recovered because she exposed herself all over the net saying she was probably the richest player around. There are probably players with more money, but those may not be known.

krimandy1.png

The same person who "hacked" Chessy018 (Andy/Sly) also managed to "hack" Win All Day, but WAD wouldn't provide him with the bank pin so he wasn't able to steal the wealth. Hence why WAD moved his wealth to an undisclosed account of his.

Edited by RS2FactSheet

The same person who "hacked" Chessy018 (Andy/Sly) also managed to "hack" Win All Day, but WAD wouldn't provide him with the bank pin so he wasn't able to steal the wealth.

i thought WAD xfered the money to a different account before the hacking?

The same person who "hacked" Chessy018 (Andy/Sly) also managed to "hack" Win All Day, but WAD wouldn't provide him with the bank pin so he wasn't able to steal the wealth.

i thought WAD xfered the money to a different account before the hacking?

According to what he told me, when he "hacked" WAD the wealth was still on the account but it had a bank pin. He, Andy, was trying to get WAD to tell him what the bank pin was. WAD was able to recover the account before the pin was removed, and then he transferred the wealth to a safe undisclosed account of his.

@Jimmyw3000: Lol if I were you I would remove that screenshot. You wouldn't believe how much information can be found by just knowing an username.

Edited by RS2FactSheet

LOL @ his attempts to say that access wasn't unauthorized.

Sarah Palin's email was hacked into via yahoo's email recovery feature, and the hacker was thrown into jail for a year.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/11/palin-hacker-sentenced/

If he lives in the US, Jagex can absolutely take the case here and [bleep] him up based on case law alone. Even if he doesn't, I doubt UK law is much more lenient.

This kid's [bleep]ed if Jagex wants to pursue legal action.

Sarah Palin=/=Chessy

Even though they're both manipulative scumbags.

But really, I don't think someone's going to jail for hacking some rich girl's Runescape account. Think of all the other cases of people being hacked. Should those hackers go to jail? Will they? I don't think Chessy deserves any special treatment over the average Runescape player.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

LOL @ his attempts to say that access wasn't unauthorized.

Sarah Palin's email was hacked into via yahoo's email recovery feature, and the hacker was thrown into jail for a year.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/11/palin-hacker-sentenced/

If he lives in the US, Jagex can absolutely take the case here and [bleep] him up based on case law alone. Even if he doesn't, I doubt UK law is much more lenient.

This kid's [bleep]ed if Jagex wants to pursue legal action.

Sarah Palin=/=Chessy

Even though they're both manipulative scumbags.

But really, I don't think someone's going to jail for hacking some rich girl's Runescape account. Think of all the other cases of people being hacked. Should those hackers go to jail? Will they? I don't think Chessy deserves any special treatment over the average Runescape player.

If Jagex were to persue legal action it would be a good opportunity for them to make an example of the hacker(s) as this has become quite a well known hack. I use the term hack loosely, but you get what I'm saying.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

So I should just go ahead and never make recovery questions then?

That should save me a lot of time not doing what I wouldn't have done anyways.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

While the recovery system Jagex provides isn't perfect by a long shot its pretty good. I had my account stolen from me while I was inactive a few years ago and my bank was cleaned out. The issue is not with the recovery system, its an issue with the questions that people choose. In the Facebook, twitter, myspace era its very easy to find out information about players, especially the more "famous" ones who like to show off. This is why I now choose much more secure recovery questions. Gone are the "mothers maiden name" and "first school", instead questions such as "VIN number of my car" and "where did the painting in the living room come from". This is information that noone could ever find out on the internet.

Edited by Mercifull

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

why am i supposed to care?

Well usually if you don't care you don't click on the thread, read the thread, or bother posting. You could say you don't care about any thread but then why waste your time posting at all?

This does worry me though, hopefully it's a reminder to everyone to really secure their accounts.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Lol @ anyone who actually puts a real answer for recory question. For me, it's like "What is your mothera maiden name?: TNB68UV7s312the"

I'd like to see someone guess that.

Obviously I wrote them down somewhere...

Edited by Lep1423

I haven't looked at my recovery questions in like 2 years....but I do remember for one of my accounts (recent one, so it might be for this one :unsure: )

My questions resemble something along the lines of...

Q : hgowiueh08g200wen0vdshiponiohgoise

A: ghw099gwh09gwenivnpewih9-23h-923h09

Yep.

Edited by SirIzenhime

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Man, I see Chainsaw's name everywhere when it comes to lures/hacks...

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Inbe4thisisFAKE.HerpDerp :-| #-o :^o :shame: :rolleyes: <_<

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Hi everybody,

You may be aware that a player with a considerable amount of in-game wealth was hijacked recently. We dont want to invade that players privacy by naming names, but we understand that this topic is raising a lot of discussion among the community.

As soon as we became aware of the situation we acted quickly banning the hijackers accounts as well as removing any items & wealth stolen.

Unauthorised access to online accounts whether it is your bank account or your RuneScape account is a criminal offence, it is illegal in the UK under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, and the USAs Computer Fraud and Abuse Act 1986 as well as equivalent legislation in many other countries around the world. Jagex have already successfully pursued a RuneScape hijacker in the UK using the above law. You can read about it on the BBC news website here.

We want to send a clear message that hijacking is not clever and will not do you any favours, it is an illegal act and we regularly send information onto local law enforcement agencies.

Currently we do not return lost/stolen items. This is why it is so important to make sure your account is as secure as possible.

Make sure you do the following;

Set a Bank Pin. This will help protect your items if the worst happens and somebody accesses your account.

Set a Email Address to your account to help recover your account and secure it from others trying to gain access to it.

Choose tough Passwords that arent easy to guess or very common.

Dont input your Username/Password into other websites! The only website you should use your RuneScape Username/Password for is the main RuneScape website.

Mod Mark H

On behalf of the RuneScape Player Support Team

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png