[23rd March] Runescape Clans Annoucement

Clay_More12

On Tuesday 12th April 2011, RuneScape’s clans will get the recognition that they are due. RuneScape clans will be available to the whole community and will give everyone access to some new and exciting features, all of which are designed to help keep you in touch with your friends, manage your clan and provide a platform for you to let your clan’s uniqueness shine through.

The Clan Camp will be the base of operations and will give clans a whole new level of control over setup, style and customisation. From the Clan Camp, you’ll sort your generals from your serfs using the clan rank system, give job titles to those under your command and announce your group’s reason for being.. You’ll also have your own meeting area, where clan matters can be discussed or rival clan leaders can be invited to set terms for future battles – it’s up to you!

You’ll be able to show your clan’s personality through fully customisable emblems that will adorn your wieldable vexillum (a type of banner) and flowing clan capes. In addition to all of that, each clan will have its own page on RuneScape.com allowing fellow clan members to compare stats. There’ll also be a Clan Hiscores table allowing clan members to compare stats with allies, clan allegiances and, of course, your rivals and enemies. Add to that a clan event noticeboard and ranked Clan Wars battles and you’ll have the means to hook up with friends, wage war and stamp your clan’s personality on RuneScape forever.

the_clan_camp_thumb.jpg

All of these new features will be available from 12th April, so gather your friends, rally your troops and show us what you’re made of!

The RuneScape Team

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Was expected...but still, it's some big news. It will probably really affect the ways that clans work, and the fansites too - especially RuneHead.

Was announced in the DevBlogs. Wonder if this will remove the purpose behind Runehead or not. Clans have made their own infrastructure per say, and because of this I'm not really too bothered with entirely new ways of dealing with things.

j0xPu5R.png

See ya RuneHead

I'm not so sure. Jagex has a way of [bleep]ing stuff up, Runehead might end up much better.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

See ya RuneHead

I'm not so sure. Jagex has a way of [bleep]ing stuff up, Runehead might end up much better.

No I think he called it... Runehead highscores may cease to be useful...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Quite excited about it really even though im not big into clans

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

See ya RuneHead

No I think he called it... Runehead highscores may cease to be useful...

You'd think so, but I'm poised for an I told you so when Jagex makes some sort of dire mistake that makes this system worthless. It's hard to predict what that mistake might be, but then it would have been hard to predict that Jagex wouldn't test the ring of wealth on bosses before releasing the update, too.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Bet its P2P only.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

no clan with any self respect would want to support this stupid update

if clans wanted whiny 10 year olds to join then they would just advertise on rsof

the clans that want a good community would not just get it from the random people on rs

edit ignore misread update

I've always wanted Runescape to do something like this - almost Guild Wars'ish. Customised emblem capes? EPIC. Hopefully there'll be an icon for pancakes :-P the clan chat I am in are big into pancakes.

2vuhgcn.png

There are a lot of ways in which this can go wrong. I wonder if Jagex was smart enough to mimic already established systems like RuneHead? I really, really doubt it.

On another note, updated trees! biggrin.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png