Should Players initiate a Class Action Lawsuit

ckutzler

Surely it would be better to initiate class action against the bot manufacturers?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it would be better to initiate class action against the bot manufacturers?

Yes it would, and don't call me Shirley ... ;)

icon_rimshot.gif

I'll call you Leslie instead.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Perhaps if the Lawsuit was designated into forcing jagex to provide number of players permanently kicked off the game every day

and number of people muted or temporary banned they dont have to give names but provide proof that they are removing

cheaters from the game. The number of people using cheats has gotten way out of control

"Should Players initiate a Class Action Lawsuit"

No. Jagex are doing the best they can, and a lawsuit against them is utterly rediculous.

/end thread

I see you have been living under a rock.

You get a free cookie if you guess how many people have been banned for duel bugs in the last 3 months.

118g7xz.jpg

If it's ruining the game for you as a skiller, grab a weapon, some armor, and do some PvM with the cheap supplies.

I rather like getting cheap 99 Crafting, Smithing, etc. TY bots! Keep up the good work!

09144a99bb.png

If it's ruining the game for you as a skiller, grab a weapon, some armor, and do some PvM with the cheap supplies.

I rather like getting cheap 99 Crafting, Smithing, etc. TY bots! Keep up the good work!

I'm MUCH MORE for sueing these bot apologists and enablers...

YOU are encouraging others to break the rules, therefor, you have broken the rules, and therefor you must be banned permanently...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

YOU are encouraging others to break the rules, therefor, you have broken the rules, and therefor you must be banned permanently...

How is thanking bots encouraging other people to bot lol

How is thanking bots encouraging other people to bot lol

Yeah can you IMAGINE D bones, Yews and Green D hide Prices without them? Lol.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

To be fair they did lie to us when they said they had new tech to deal with bots, buts thats not enough to sue and if you do that will rsult in less money for jagex so less updates and staff. Dungeoneering is my main skill atm as it is the only skill not filled with bots in f2p...

SUPER.gif

"Should Players initiate a Class Action Lawsuit"

No. Jagex are doing the best they can, and a lawsuit against them is utterly rediculous.

/end thread

I see you have been living under a rock.

You get a free cookie if you guess how many people have been banned for duel bugs in the last 3 months.

118g7xz.jpg

Zero.

You get no cookie.

[/rage]

Lol, I actually laughed my ass off at that. Banned permanently because I thank bots for my cheap supplies? Aw, yes, you caught me. Sorry for being so dumb as to think you wanted to pay less for supplies.

So, as I said, thank you, botters and bot makers, for making my 99s cheap and easy. Would y'all mind hammering on the pure essence? 99 RC is one of my last ones left.

How about getting mad a Jagex for saying they have an excellent anti-bot program which I can assure you they don't. They're garbage. Also, for providing the option to buy their banned accounts back.

Yes it would, and don't call me Shirley ... ;)

icon_rimshot.gif

Nothing they can really do about it any more then they have (Simply making them change their name to PowerBot). They're doing nothing illegal.

09144a99bb.png

LETS SUE JAGEX BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE OUTSMARTING THE ANTI BOTTING SYSTEM.

WHILE WERE AT IT LETS MIX SOME ANTIFREEZE WITH FIZZY THROW IN SOME ROTTEN FRUIT AND SELL IT AS A 4 LOKO.

oh wait.

Unless your RSN is "imalil[bleep]er", please keep the title appropriate.

Thank you.

Reason I'd like to sue bot apologists is actually a valid one:

You WANT botting to happen... If it doesn't, you'll say something along the lines of "I much rather gather those D bones myself now, but back when botting existed, I'd pay them to do it.." JUST LIKE you said you wish to see more Pure Ess botters in order to drop the price even more...

Money = incentive, therefor you are encouraging botting :)

This goes for pretty much anyone who much rather sees these low prices due to botting, as opposed to normal prices if actual players were gathering that stuff...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Reason I'd like to sue bot apologists is actually a valid one:

What would that be? Considering that they, as well as the bot developers and users, have done nothing illegal and nothing that you could sue for.

You WANT botting to happen... If it doesn't, you'll say something along the lines of "I much rather gather those D bones myself now, but back when botting existed, I'd pay them to do it.." JUST LIKE you said you wish to see more Pure Ess botters in order to drop the price even more...

Money = incentive, therefor you are encouraging botting :)

I have enough money not to care either way. 99 Prayer could have cost me 800M, it could have cost 100M. Would have got it either way.

Yeah, I personally would benefit from bots... So that means I'm encouraging them? I'm sure you'd love to pay 2x as much for your 99s... [sarcasm] 'Cause if you don't, you're encouraging botting because you desire what they are doing (Lowering prices). [/sarcasm] I've got all the 99s that potentially make money. They could bring gold ore ore to 1gp, magic logs to 1gp, or fish to 1gp for all I care. Sp yeah, I'd appreciate it if they lowered to pure essence prices. Sue me.

This goes for pretty much anyone who much rather sees these low prices due to botting, as opposed to normal prices if actual players were gathering that stuff...

Just because they desire the same end result (Lower prices) does not mean they approve or encourage the means of which it happening.

Tell me, everyone knows of the bots in the chaos tunnels that kill green dragons. Am I encouraging rule breaking if I take advantage of that and go down there to steal their kills (Hit them once, let the bots finish them)? Because I am using bots to my advantage and benefiting from them? Enjoying the low prices that they are providing is no different... Using them to my advantage for cheap 99s and benefiting from them.

09144a99bb.png

Lol... nowadays in america any clown can sue you for anything under the sun.

I could see something idiotic like this being tried.

But, I think you would have a better chance of being awarded something if you instead sue kids that hack accounts and steal your stuff.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Don't you just hate it when idiots think they can sue over anything and everything.

TL;DR: JAGEX OWNS EVERYTHING. YOU PAY FOR ACCESS TO THEIR P2P FEATURES. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS.

deadforumslol.png

Don't you just hate it when idiots think they can sue over anything and everything.

TL;DR: JAGEX OWNS EVERYTHING. YOU PAY FOR ACCESS TO THEIR P2P FEATURES. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS.

Exactly. When I worked for BA a while back, we told them, "You have the privilege of playing our game, not the right."

09144a99bb.png

Lol... nowadays in america any clown can sue you for anything under the sun.

I could see something idiotic like this being tried.

But, I think you would have a better chance of being awarded something if you instead sue kids that hack accounts and steal your stuff.

It would be amusing to see someone try to sue a UK company under American law, wouldn't it?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wow, there's so many stupid arguments about.

About enjoying the benefits of bots and endorsing it: Just because you enjoy the result of bots being around, it doesn't mean you endorse botting to happen. The end result, may well come from alternative sources (i.e. Fix the skilling/combat system itself) and that would still satisfy the players who enjoyed the benefits of having bots around.

Exploiting bots is a victim-less 'crime', so it's not exactly unethical to do so either.

About suing JaGex because you can 'sue anyone': As someone else pointed out, you can't sue JaGex under US law.

It seems like I'm arguing on a tangent, I'd edit and reply when I wake up