introducing the The DG Gate Sheet

it's just a google doc spreadsheet. Public so anybody can type on it.

I'm going to encourage players to use it now.

As I can place it over my screen as a transparent overlay.

You can too of course, but you'd need the relevant programs/codes and I don't expect all players to do that with keylogger concerns and all that jazz.

BUT as long as they can alt tab and use this page. It's pretty nice.

Hopefully when all my coding is done, the future of DGS keying will look something like this:

I'm finishing up coding on the paint image, so that it actually updates properly.

But otherwise, things are going smoothly.

Future.png

Naaxi.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

110324213632.png

dw im terrible at keying with random people i dont know

think i just made a semi-perm dung team with like 7 people but w/e

we'll see how this works

you're definitely gonna beat me to 15 min floor cuz im [cabbage] total and don't really try that hard with my stupid comp that lags 5 seconds every door is opened/every time i tele

Was so eager to test out my new stuff, that I ended up dging with one of the newbiest teams i've gone with in a long while.

god 33 mins and 4 deaths a person lol

floor was straightforward

But team was just horrendously slow.

Mainly in the DG clearing aspect.

Team also got owned on a ramokee + fire giant room, which really shouldn't happen.

The team needed to learn proper safes potting procedure. But they did not so they actually took damage from the fire giant and bloodrager.

Izenhime had some trouble with the flowers, but he learned afterwards.

Sir squab complained about a netbook being slow and refused to help kill the boss after 4 deaths.

yup, good stuff lol

4floor.png

Naaxi.png

introducing the The DG Gate Sheet

it's just a google doc spreadsheet. Public so anybody can type on it.

I'm going to encourage players to use it now.

As I can place it over my screen as a transparent overlay.

You can too of course, but you'd need the relevant programs/codes and I don't expect all players to do that with keylogger concerns and all that jazz.

BUT as long as they can alt tab and use this page. It's pretty nice.

Hopefully when all my coding is done, the future of DGS keying will look something like this:

I'm finishing up coding on the paint image, so that it actually updates properly.

But otherwise, things are going smoothly.

Future.png

when does it come out>?

The team needed to learn proper safes potting procedure. But they did not so they actually took damage from the fire giant and bloodrager.

Do you mean jamming the rager/giant on the other side of the obby, or stepping carefully around the slinger/storm to jam the giant/rager on the other side?

Izenhime had some trouble with the flowers, but he learned afterwards.

Teach me the secrets of the flower room o_O

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Secrets of the flower room: rush it as soon as it pops up, there will be an open path to the flower that you don't have to wait for. If you wait even a couple seconds too long, you're waiting.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Do you mean jamming the rager/giant on the other side of the obby, or stepping carefully around the slinger/storm to jam the giant/rager on the other side?

carefully stepping

Naaxi.png

Secrets of the flower room: rush it as soon as it pops up, there will be an open path to the flower that you don't have to wait for. If you wait even a couple seconds too long, you're waiting.

Actually, my tip, as i've done alot of them now is to see the right combination and run there, but NOT click, wait for the colour change(very high likelyhood it will be the same) and click on it. The window of time to click is too small(around 2 ticks, max) for you to run to a flower and click, nowadays. It's definitely a much easier room nowadays.

As for grimys latest results, you expect alot from your team and are likely the best keyer if you have an elite team(2 hexes, everyone gates like a pro, good wingmanning), but with an unexperienced team or teams without hex, your tactics don't work aswell as they do for some other keyers. Though it's true that babying people isn't always the best, the keyer marking monsters for skill doors or calling names for gating can be very effective. I also find that the keyer carrying ggs after getting everyone to ggs for gd can be very effective for getting high level skill doors done fast(not a problem with high stats, obviously).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Sir squab complained about a netbook being slow and refused to help kill the boss after 4 deaths.

I'm sorry about that. I'm not usually that bad, I promise. Any way I can make that up to you? :unsure:

You should give me another shot someday when I have my laptop back.

(I should never, ever DG on a netbook again.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm sorry about that. I'm not usually that bad, I promise. Any way I can make that up to you? :unsure:

You should give me another shot someday when I have my laptop back.

(I should never, ever DG on a netbook again.)

i yell during floors, im not actually upset at you.

but you should dg more, and not on your netbook :P

it's just what all the keyers in DGS do (cept tui)

Naaxi.png

Hmm, I'll need to key a 30-minute floor first... =L

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

last 2 floors were nice.

first one we had a slight problem.

JUST as Jimi said he had to AFK for whatever IRL reasons he never stipulated.

the floor one wayed to the door that jimi had gated. GF

otherwise, the floors were just dandy.

Do note that, the prestige xp of the floors was based on the base xp of the floor being done, not the floor being checked off.

does this imply that doing floor 60 and checking off floor 48 gives you more xp than doing floor 48 and checking off 48? possibly.

but a full conclusion requires more data, and that'll come naturally.

5floor.png

6floor.png

7floor.png

Naaxi.png

However, the Prestige XP remains the same throughout.

As you can see, Grimy collected Prestige 58 scaled to Floor 53 for all 3 dungeons that he did.

If he did Floor 51, 52 and 53 instead of Floor 53 three times, the Prestige 58 shown in each of those WINterfaces would be progressively less.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

4 high warped floors with toad, his buddies, and final.

Floors sucked though, toad's friends were disrespectful and put me on their ignore list while i was keying.

And final afked at some point during each of the first 3 floors.

Toad ended up keying the last 2 floors since it's kinda pointless having a keyer who's on ignore list

toad's a pretty good keyer.

both floors were Kalger, and almost full floors, floor 10 WAS a full 64 room floor.

he gave me a few tips too.

8floor.png

9floor.png

10floor.png

11floor.png

Naaxi.png

last 2 floors were nice.

first one we had a slight problem.

JUST as Jimi said he had to AFK for whatever IRL reasons he never stipulated.

the floor one wayed to the door that jimi had gated. GF

otherwise, the floors were just dandy.

Do note that, the prestige xp of the floors was based on the base xp of the floor being done, not the floor being checked off.

does this imply that doing floor 60 and checking off floor 48 gives you more xp than doing floor 48 and checking off 48? possibly.

but a full conclusion requires more data, and that'll come naturally.

It's true you will get more xp for doing a higher floor for a lower one, but most of the time, the difference will not be high enough to matter for you to take on harder bosses. I took your information from your pictures(got prestige xp for 53,55,57 and 58) and you will get 256 times multiplier xp more per floor you do higher than the one that gets ticked off, thus if you did f58 for f48 you would get 10*256*1,38(average mult without death) = 3,5k xp more for the floor than you would, but i'm fairly or completely sure you'd rather do any of the first 3 bosses than spend time/deaths on gorger/kalger(i haven't done either, obviously, but i hear they are harder). The xp loss, however, for doing a lower floor for higher, is much, much more significant.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Pro floor times :o good luck with a sub-15 minute floor. Has it been done before?

Oh and the prestige thing seems interesting too. I gotta try that prestige trick on higher floors thing one day, from those pics it seems like doing a high floor to tick off low floors is more xp than simply doing the low floors.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They put you on their ignore list? Wowwww. Funny that you took zerker and battle-mage from them when Toad keyed, though. Like a slap in the face. :P

And MVP too that first floor toad keyed :D

in other news:

8 man split, sold for 229m

NexDrop1.png

Naaxi.png