Losing faith...

Poopingman

I've always been a regular at The Chaos Druid Tower to gather herbs. Whilst training there over the past few days I noticed eerily similar characters training together and not speaking a word. Watching their activities over the last few days confirmed my suspicions that they are bots. Maybe I'm ignorant, maybe I just hoped that bots were relegated to more obvious areas, such as Runecrafting or Woodcutting.

Seeing bots in such an obscure area really cut deep for me, and proved that the crisis is as bad as it's been since 2007. I report so many but it seems like they just keep pouring in. It's hard for me to keep myself motivated knowing that most players are passing me up by cheating. And when we have no reason to play anymore, we won't.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Um, I hardly consider that an obscure area...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Bots are present anywhere that makes decent money without requiring much of an investment in gear/skills. And it's worse than 2007. Jagex doesn't even maintain the pretense that they care about people botting, anymore, so lots of people are actively botting on their mains.

td2sig.jpg

It seems like bots like to go to places where the moneymaking or exp is bad. Downright BAD.

I mean seriously? Botting the mining guild? It's not even worthwhile for money anymore, and the xp/hr isn't even HALF of iron...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Botting thread #9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

It seems like bots like to go to places where the moneymaking or exp is bad. Downright BAD.

I mean seriously? Botting the mining guild? It's not even worthwhile for money anymore, and the xp/hr isn't even HALF of iron...

Well, where else would they go? I've not seen a bot who can power mine, so the obvious thing is to bot at the mining guild. Much simpler to do, and it's not like xp/hr is important for them. They don't need to be efficient because they can play 24h a day.

the bots never left...

why is it so common to think that removing the wilderness means no ones going to bot anymore? and bringing it back brings the opposite

being affected by people "cheating" is entirely your fault

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I'm neither for or against bots. Most people can understand the reality of this game, it's probably THE grindy-est mmo in existence (in terms of time spent leveling to max, though maple story isn't far behind). Botting is a logical decision, it allows you to progress in-game without wasteing away your life. Although at the same time you kinda relinquish your bragging rights.

I'm neither for or against bots. Most people can understand the reality of this game, it's probably THE grindy-est mmo in existence (in terms of time spent leveling to max, though maple story isn't far behind). Botting is a logical decision, it allows you to progress in-game without wasteing away your life. Although at the same time you kinda relinquish your bragging rights.

Honestly, not that I'd ever bot on my account, but as of late I've really been realizing why people do it....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Honestly, not that I'd ever bot on my account, but as of late I've really been realizing why people do it....

Don't fall to the darkside my friend! xD

:P

COMETOTHEDARKSIDEWEHAVECOOKIES.png

To the mods, I'm not endorsing botting

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Botting has been on the up, true, since the reintroduction of free trade and all, but I really don't think it's that bad.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• 2 weeks later...

Botting has been on the up, true, since the reintroduction of free trade and all, but I really don't think it's that bad.

Oh really?

Go to P2P: Pure essence, Chinchompas, fishing guild, range guild, Graahking, or mining guild.

Go to F2P: Cows, essence, mining guild, karamja.

Then come back and we'll see what you think.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Oh really?

Go to P2P: Pure essence, Chinchompas, fishing guild, range guild, Graahking, or mining guild.

Go to F2P: Cows, essence, mining guild, karamja.

Then come back and we'll see what you think.

You missed a few.

P2p:Green Dragons, Mage training arena,Catherby,Abyss,Rogues den,Flesh crawlers,Rock crabs, mage trees

F2p: Alkharid warriors,barbarian village,hill giants, varrock east,sw of varrock, Flesh crawlers, giant spiders,cockroaches,edgeville men,experiments,chickens

Theres more but you get the point

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

There are plenty of other ways to make money such as boss hunting or training certain skills. It sucks, yes, that you can't do those, but you have to adapt instead of just sitting there complaining about it.

And Jagex I'm sure cares about the bots, but it's not really easy getting rid of them.

j0xPu5R.png

TBH, Jagex should increase actual in game banning - have people go into the game, try to figure out if people are bots, and ban them from inside the game. I don't know how they find the bots through software methods, but it's not effective.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Years ago I used to teleother bots in the chaos druid tower, botting there isn't anything new.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

People seem to forget why free trade was removed in the first place. Bots used stolen credit cards to buy membership. Obviously they're not going to use their own money for it.

Going to quote a post I made somewhere else.

You're incorrect because the reason why they removed free trade last time is that botters used stolen credit cards to pay for membership, which resulted in fines for using said stolen credit cards and caused them to lose quite a bit of money.

That being said though, I'm sure Jagex is trying their best to ban bots. But what you have to understand is that RuneScape is a game that is browser based. The detection systems used in other games are used because they are not browser based. They are downloaded and hardwired into the game client. In fact, those detection systems do set off alarm bells with Antivirus programs because it is borderline spyware (knowing what programs you are running, how it is affecting said window, etc).

The point being, a major reason why bots are so rampant in RuneScape is because it's easier to bot.

Now, there's also the case where it's more demanding to bot in this game as well.

The majority of the tasks you do in RuneScape is highly repetitive. That's the basis of the game. Every skill you train is trained from repetition. Because of this, there is more of a demand to bot from players. Especially coming from impatient teenagers who play this game.

Tl;dr: Just because something isn't being done immediately about bots, doesn't mean Jagex has some hidden agenda. The only way to know for sure is to step in the shoes of an employee and figure it out for yourself. I'm tired of people accusing things left and right without having any idea what they're talking about.

j0xPu5R.png

I'm tired of people accusing things left and right without having any idea what they're talking about.

:thumbup:

It's time people stopped ranting impulsively and actually thought a little about what they're ranting about. The cynical people don't help either.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau