I find it laughable that people actually think China has the capability to be the next superpower.
I thought you were trolling at first. China is already an international superpower, no doubt about that.
Firstly - they are just as economically dependent on the US as vice versa.
There's no way that China is as strongly dependent on the US as the US is on China. The US owes China billions and the only reason why consumer goods and electronics are affordable for many Americans is because of China.Controlling overpopulation through limitations is hardly barbaric--it benefits the greater good in that population density is manageable as is food supply.
Secondly - their barbaric population controls will make it impossible for their economy to flourish enough to give them any sort of hope for economic stability in the long term.Definitely not on the same scale...
Though, the US does have a serious debt problem which of course merits looking at. Of course, so do most countries.
All in all, nice try kiddo?
1)Power maybe, but not a superpower.
2)If China (Excluding ROC) disappeared tomorrow, the US would undoubtedly be hurt, but they would survive. However, if America either disappeared, or severed all ties with China, China would be ruined. They'd have no market for their goods, and their economy would collapse
3) Whether it's morally right or not, it will hurt china when the majority of their population is too old to work
4) A lot of countries are in debt right now. While the debt to china is a concern, it's not like China can just walk over and demand the money though.
Wrong again. Look at Chinese exports, what percent go to America? (It's less than 30%).
China obviously does not have a shortage of labor...
Yeah, they can definitely demand their money. Also, the relative debt the US has is far greater than any other nation.
Again, nice try.
1. Maybe you should. That map is of potential superpowers, right above it states that the USA is the only true superpower today.
2. Still a massive hit to their economy. China would be losing a market for their goods, hurting their economy massively, while America would just have to resume manufacturing its own products, or move the factories to Mexico or another South Asian country.
3. Not now, but they will in the future, like Japan and non-islamic Europe.
4. What can they do. Don't just say 'yeah they can' and not give an explanation.