Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What A Botiful World.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kata Phract
vid: very well made and enlightening.

subject: sometimes i think the would should end...
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Helm_Lardar
[ Display Name History ]

Helm_Lardar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RSN:Helm Lardar

Hope everyone is enjoying free trade and the wildy. :thumbup:

When you see this it becomes obvious that Jagex had no idea how to keep bots down before bringing back W&FT. :/

It seems to me they maybe meant limiting RWT? That was what shut down RS last time, not the botting problem.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's useful about a high thieving level.

I'm not an efficienado.

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Gandorf61

When you see this it becomes obvious that Jagex had no idea how to keep bots down before bringing back W&FT. :/

It seems to me they maybe meant limiting RWT? That was what shut down RS last time, not the botting problem.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's useful about a high thieving level.

I think it's more based on the herbs that you can get which can rack up a fair amount of gp/hour. I just think that in order to stop RWT Jagex would have to eliminate bots as they are essentially the root of the problem. (they are the source of items/gold to sell)

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse
Posted Image

This.

This is just absurd. I know when they announced free trade that this was going to happen. I didn't believe for a single cotton pickin minute that the new methods would keep bots down.
Nice job on the vid mate, that must a took a lot of hopping and editing O_O. you made the 1812 overture work well too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

This.

This is just absurd. I know when they announced free trade that this was going to happen. I didn't believe for a single cotton pickin minute that the new methods would keep bots down.

Me neither, which is why I voted no to free trade in the first place. :P
And of course since I liked the atmosphere with a trade limit up.

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep
Is the basis for every bot that buys members, they invest $5 into the game and sell the gold to some people?

I have just 1 question: how the [bleep] can there be THIS many people buying gold? There's hundreds of locations containing bots each with thousands of players, I find it hard to beleive every single 1 of these bots are making real money selling gold.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Is the basis for every bot that buys members, they invest $5 into the game and sell the gold to some people?

Maybe they still do the old stolen credit deal to get members for their bots.
Anyhow, given the number of idiots on day 1 of free trade that got hacked because of all their own botting with hackware, then I don't doubt that gold buying is quit alive and well in runescape.
I think that Jagex in the end is just going to have to sell their own gold or ban player to player trades.
Runescape is too popular and their are way too many casual players that want amazing stats and have daddy's credit card in hand.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Sephy_
[ Display Name History ]

Sephy_

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • RSN:Sephy
Oh wow. About a month ago the situation was already pretty bad but today I went to see myself and now it's just plain ridiculous and sad. Way to go JaGex. :thumbup:

Crocefisso
[ Display Name History ]

Crocefisso

Il Barone

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
Sure is a poignant video. Well done. :thumbsup:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
This is the sort of Video Jagex need to see. It gets the point across without being insulting or over the top.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
  • RuneScape Status:None

Hope everyone is bots are enjoying free trade and the wildy. :thumbup:

Honestly... What was Jagex thinking?...

Anyways, great vid - must've taken you ages to make. I hope someone from Jagex sees it.

Submit this video next time jagex holds a video contest - that's 1 sure way to get someone to see it, and if it actually get through to voting you got my vote :D
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

Jiblix
[ Display Name History ]

Jiblix

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • RSN:Jiblix

Hope everyone is bots are enjoying free trade and the wildy. :thumbup:

Honestly... What was Jagex thinking?...

Anyways, great vid - must've taken you ages to make. I hope someone from Jagex sees it.

Submit this video next time jagex holds a video contest - that's 1 sure way to get someone to see it, and if it actually get through to voting you got my vote :D

Oo hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments! It really does bother me to see the game that I thoroughly enjoy being brought down by bots. I'm thinking about doing a second version of this video but we'll see!

Cheers,

Jibby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users