28-Mar-2011 � A Clockwork Syringe

Michael

Let's see how far a Squ'irk Juice and a mature Dwarven Stout take me. I'm pretty sure the combination alone will contribute to the many headaches my character has to suffer in this quest...

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I think my real life is synchronized to my RS character. I've had a headache all day and now Jagex release a quest with the description:

Before you stands a waterlogged dungeon, scenes of horrific torture, makeshift transportation, a nefarious seagull and quite possibly the worlds most miniature maritime massacre. Stick to your guns (and anchors), though, and youll receive a nice chunk of XP in a wide range of skills...and probably more concussions than all previous pirate quests combined.

Meanwhile, pirate quests seem to make me sick. I was sick when I did rocking out too...

Pity, no new bind it would seem. The optimistic part of me wants to think that Jagex decided this quest has too many reqs for the extra DG bind.

The non-optimistic part of me just died a little inside.

....Or maybe that's just indigestion...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Best stab weapon? It's better than korasi,if it's fast it wil pwn for those who don't have 80 dung

It's a tossup whether you want the 7 stab or the 4 strength between the brackish/korasi, but I'd lean towards strength.

For most everything, 4 str is better, and never forget that the korasi sword has a great spec. It also doesn't matter alot as both weapons require as much questing as a rapier would, thus rendering both useless for training purposes.

Also, for slayer, zamorakian spear is also better than it. Thus, yeah, the new weapon has no use.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just gotten to the point where you end up on the Island, and you find some supplies in creates near the door. I've gotten all the supplies out, used them all on each other, searched all the creates near by, yet nothing is working. And i can't carry on, 'cos i get stopped and chucked in prison.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Best stab weapon? It's better than korasi,if it's fast it wil pwn for those who don't have 80 dung

It's a tossup whether you want the 7 stab or the 4 strength between the brackish/korasi, but I'd lean towards strength.

For most everything, 4 str is better, and never forget that the korasi sword has a great spec. It also doesn't matter alot as both weapons require as much questing as a rapier would, thus rendering both useless for training purposes.

Is there data somewhere that says +str is better than +atk (eg. data of berserker ring vs warriors ring or something similiar)?

blizaga57.png

Also, for slayer, zamorakian spear is also better than it. Thus, yeah, the new weapon has no use.

You don't need to complete the quests to wear the weapon ;)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Just gotten to the point where you end up on the Island, and you find some supplies in creates near the door. I've gotten all the supplies out, used them all on each other, searched all the creates near by, yet nothing is working. And i can't carry on, 'cos i get stopped and chucked in prison.

go back to the ship and talk with the dude with all items you can grab

AbandonnedEpicDpser25.pngAbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedEpicDpser25.png

Is there data somewhere that says +str is better than +atk (eg. data of berserker ring vs warriors ring or something similiar)?

There is, but I don't know who keeps it. In any case, it's not quite that simple. Attack increases the chance of you hitting, strength increases the magnitude of what you hit. Basically, if you're dealing with a high defence monster like a boss, the priority when increasing damage per second is getting attack up and hitting more often.

If you're dealing with low defence monsters, like on slayer tasks, attack's benefit has diminishing returns. You can only increase your probability of hitting so much before it stops making much of a difference. To contrast, strength's benefit is pretty linear. You hit higher, you deal more damage over time.

That said, in most situations, adding +1 to your strength stat will increase your damage per second more than adding +1 to your attack stat.

EDIT: God I sound like a World of Warcraft player.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's called a DPS calculator.

In any case, under 50% accuracy, str and attack bonuses are equal, but over that, str bonuses will always be better(to the point at which attack bonuses are useless, while str bonus will always have the same effect).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The spec uses like 75% of the bar. I've no idea what it does though.

Go duel arena with a friend and test the stat lowers. Something tells me it lowers defence.

please be upgraded bone dagger ._.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

The spec uses like 75% of the bar. I've no idea what it does though.

Go duel arena with a friend and test the stat lowers. Something tells me it lowers defence.

please be upgraded bone dagger ._.

Pleeease drain constitution... After fighting the new barrelchest at the beginning, I really want some kind of PvP constitution draining. It's a pretty cool concept.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000