Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Macros Uncovered!-The Article!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

CharlieBrown
[ Display Name History ]

CharlieBrown

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:CharlieBrown
OP is just mad he isn't smart enough to make irl money from rs.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:IHasChicken
  • RSN2:IHazChicken
Still find it highly inconsistent that ONE PERSON will get ALL the money for 60000 botting accounts, and there's absolutely no catches whatsoever.
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • RSN:Blitz em out

Do macro purchasers get their money back if their macro doesn't work and the developers have a hard time updating it? Surely they sign some liability agreement.

I read through the terms and what not and if they can not update there is no refund or any type of reimbursement given to the purchasers.

CharlieBrown
[ Display Name History ]

CharlieBrown

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Do macro purchasers get their money back if their macro doesn't work and the developers have a hard time updating it? Surely they sign some liability agreement.

Short answer to that is no.

When you purchase a bot, you generally download the botting client, and what you're actually purchasing is the auth code to allow the client to run a specific bot. After jagex does an update, they release an update for the bot client which updates all of their bots

inb4 you bot because you know this information

6CCmn.jpg

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

I read through the terms and what not and if they can not update there is no refund or any type of reimbursement given to the purchasers.

Which is a breach of the Fair Trade practice and is another thing illegal about bots.
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

BioIce
[ Display Name History ]

BioIce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Reads like a sensationalist article with absolutely no depth whatsoever. It'd be below a third-rate text advertisement. Even those have standards.

Cite your sources.

Include more detail.

Bring things to a conclusion instead of merely laying things out. What are you getting at? The ideas presented - what there is of 'em - aren't laid out well. You give hints of things only to jerk the reader's attention elsewhere.

As it is, this draft brings nothing new to the table by reciting common knowledge and would hardly be tip.it article worthy. Granted, there are articles that shouldn't have made the cut in previous Times but this is painfully more so if it were published in the Times. I repeat, there's hardly any depth to this piece. Research is mentioned but little of its details are given out.

Kindly go back to the drawing board and redo this.
Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

Posted Image

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Brom
[ Display Name History ]

Brom

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • RSN:Brom 24
  • Clan:EoS

too bad the comments are more entertaining than the topic is

This.

Also, yes I read the OP.

noble_aloof
[ Display Name History ]

noble_aloof

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RSN:Noble Aloof
  • Clan:Fenghahe's Elite Investing Guild
I found it a dull read and it seems to me that you are trying a bit too hard to get noticed on tip.it. I enjoy reading stuff like this even though it didn't teach me anything new. Macroing will forever be a hot topic but its just that far too many people are tired of hearing about it and you didn't really bring anything to the table here. The $500,000 USD estimate actually excited me about the java course i signed up for today :thumbsup: all jokes and uncertainty of actual sum aside, how many people on this forum would turn down even 100k a year if they knew how to write these scripts and clients? (to my knowledge scripting is considered one of the most advanced applications of the language)

edit: the flaming is out of control and i actually feel out of place for putting legitimate thought into my comment. feel free to ignore my post in the raging flame war.

edit edit: 99 hunting and fishing aren't exactly proving the fact that you don't bot
Staking: 4+ mil
Current Status: Training defense

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

Reads like a sensationalist article with absolutely no depth whatsoever. It'd be below a third-rate text advertisement. Even those have standards.

Cite your sources.

Include more detail.

Bring things to a conclusion instead of merely laying things out. What are you getting at? The ideas presented - what there is of 'em - aren't laid out well. You give hints of things only to jerk the reader's attention elsewhere.

As it is, this draft brings nothing new to the table by reciting common knowledge and would hardly be tip.it article worthy. Granted, there are articles that shouldn't have made the cut in previous Times but this is painfully more so if it were published in the Times. I repeat, there's hardly any depth to this piece. Research is mentioned but little of its details are given out.

Kindly go back to the drawing board and redo this.

You forgot to mention the misinformation, but I agree with this statement.
Posted Image

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • RSN:Blitz em out
I leave this thread to you trollers and ranters who dont appreciate someones time. Just because you do not like the topic does not mean I dont? QQ more please!

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
i thought this was tip.it, not misfortunes personal blog of whatever he wants to write but no one cares about

CharlieBrown
[ Display Name History ]

CharlieBrown

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

I leave this thread to you trollers and ranters who dont appreciate someones time. Just because you do not like the topic does not mean I dont? QQ more please!

I don't think YOU appreciate MY time.
WE sat through and read your, less than perfect (have to say that nice or i'm gonna be labeled as a big fat 12 year old monster hugging troll), article
So we gave you critiscim
You don't like said critiscim
It's now our fault because you worked so hard.

6CCmn.jpg

BioIce
[ Display Name History ]

BioIce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
So, Noble. You like reading things that reinforce your point of view on matters like botting, is that correct?

That's like enjoying a propaganda broadsheet. But to each their own, I suppose.

Posted Image

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

So everything in the world exists for your own self-serving purposes.

Cool.
Posted Image

BioIce
[ Display Name History ]

BioIce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
Let the boy retreat. His ego is bruised as it is. Mayhap he will take the time to properly write an article this time.

Posted Image

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RSN:Pere Grin
How long did it take you to "research" this? Took me about 20 mins of google and simple math to find all of it. Maybe you would get a better reception if you didn't write about something the Times has covered so repeatedly for the last year.

RU_Insane
[ Display Name History ]

RU_Insane

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • RSN '07:RU Insane
What an excellent article. You clearly deserve a medal for your groundbreaking conclusions. You clearly spent an ample amount of time researching the issue and totally reached an original and thought-provoking conclusion.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

No_M0re
[ Display Name History ]

No_M0re

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
Where di my post go?? :unsure:

Jus cos i said its not laziness to bot. You make botters sound realy evil people, there just standard teens who like partsof runescape but ahte the grind.

Can't understand that??

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS
I'm pretty sure it was the part where you said you would bot to get 99s, which is AGAINST tif and jagex rules...

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01
Will you leave the damn guy alone?

He was just writing an article and it may not have been the greatest piece of literature out there, he did spend time on it.
Wtf, is this? Last time I checked - this was tip.it forums, not some science journal.

Who the hell cares if there are no citations, no meaningful/deep/philosophical theories to be proven here?
The guy tried to spend some time and write an article, and if it doesn't deserve to be in the tip.it times, then it won't be.
Not everybody is an amazing writer, and I highly doubt that anybody would put in hours upon hours of research, gather up all this data, interpret it and then write/revise/rewrite this article.

He's just trying some things down on paper and that's not such a horrible thing.

Also, stop this bandwagon - you all are posting the same sarcastic flame and it's only amusing to read the first time.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users