Macros Uncovered!-The Article!

Misfortune

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People here are somehow equating this to the ACTUAL Tip.it Times, but that's wrong... I even thought Bladewing was smart enough to know this, but evidence proves otherwise...

So let me start by saying that this article would not have been published as such, nor would it have been published for a while even if it WAS better written/cited/formulated but only due to the topic being covered in length and depth recently...

Misfortune shouldn't have put his article here as well as submit it as a Times article... This is just a forum post, but it could have been an article that had been scrutinized by the volunteers at the Editorial Panel... A missed opportunity if you ask me...

Exactly. We would have collaborated on it for a while before even thinking about publishing it as a guest article.

Misfortune, you put yourself in a hole by posting this in the Gen. Discussions. We obviously won't be able to do anything with this now that you posted it.

Also, when trying to use a lot of facts, or any facts for that matter, no sources=no credibility.

I have every source and picture of conversations which I am not allowed to post.

blitz_em_out.png

Crap article

I have every source and picture of conversations which I am not allowed to post.

And you are lying. I have every source and picture of conversations to prove it, but I'm not allowed to post.

nothing good will come from continueing this thread, OP has left and the article won't be published

Lock please?

Who are you to request a lock? This thread has discussion value.

Yeah, I have the evidence to prove it has discussion value, but I'm not allowed to post.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I'll give you a good reason everybody, why I stopped posting on these boards.

This is the only time I am going to say this.

Whatever the reason, Tip Iters have this biased, aggressive notion towards new members of the board. Last Spring, I was foolishly given warnings for what looked to be me attacking other people because of strong opinions. It was on topics like this one, and I get a warning when all I was doing was posting out a honest opinion.

Yeah, I hardly did anything. I just defensively went and opposed the other person's argument. He just then proceeded to attack me in such ways that promote hostility in an open battlefield.

Now look at this situation. I see a new user post his research on macros and bots. After so many discussions and opposing viewpoints, people in here decide to shoot him down because it lacks sources.

If I was the Moderator of this board and saw all of this going on, I would be issuing warnings left and right. It is alright to debate and disagree, but don't attempt to discredit his work for being a new user without a source. Especially if this was his first attempt to post an article.

I also see people attack those based on their stats. If this was a topic created by a person with maxed stats, he would get more recognition than someone who is say, 80-100 Combat and only 60M Experience. They attack him/her because he/she doesn't have the status symbol.

If you want more attention and feedback I would advise posting on the RSOF, Sal's Runescape Forum, or RuneHQ. Rune Tip It has some of the meanest, worst behaved users I have seen from any Runescape fansite.

Even Racheya tends to get shot down when she posts her Tip It articles. I just don't understand why everybody has to be so hostile.

But the prime reason for this hostility on this topic is because of lack of sources. Unlike many people here I actually thought it was a good read. It surprised me as well to see that a 17 year old kid was one of the developers of one of the most used macro programs. Bot programs are being sold on the Internet at a cheap price.

I don't like to see cheaters gain an unfair advantage just as much as the next person. You still got bots at Aubrey's. You still got bots at Red Chinchompas. You still got bots using Sorceress Garden. You still got bots crowding a Yew tree in F2P. The list goes on.

Jagex hasn't done a damn thing, and I'm concerned about the future of Runescape. Will they take action or will they just let it slide to the point where it can't be fixed?

Someone on the RSOF mentioned to me that War of Legends is another game that Jagex has neglected. On one server there is one particular bug that has posed a significant problem for the game. Jagex has notified months ago that they will fix the game and get rid of the bug. So far, there has been nothing.

Even Funorb hasn't seen any recent activity. The last time a J MOD really did anything there was in September 2010. That was six months ago.

I would just like to know what the hell is going on over there. To me it looks like some of you really don't care if Runescape falls apart or not. I know there are a few Tip Iters that I actually got along with, but I noticed that the trolls tend to hang on either here in General or over in Rants. Kindly point out what needs changing for this article. I thought it was a great read.

sure it's a great read

so is go dogs go, but it doesn't tell me anything i didn't already know

also i'd give LESS credit if a maxed person posted this article, because a person who has spent 300 days in game should have been able to post something not completely devoid of content

sure it's a great read

so is go dogs go, but it doesn't tell me anything i didn't already know

also i'd give LESS credit if a maxed person posted this article, because a person who has spent 300 days in game should have been able to post something not completely devoid of content

Sorry Bladewing, this wasn't some kid who did a cut-n-paste job of an article just for the hell of it.

I use the RSOF every day on a regular basis and nobody told me that the developers were these intelligent, well mannered kids that know Java. I have used the coding myself and it is very complex. He must be pretty smart to be making that much money off of a program that he helped code.

If this was a quickie topic that offered little thinking I would not even bother to post in it.

My problem is that most people on this board don't post directly relating to the discussion that the topic creator started. We should be offering feedback related to the discussion with a few suggestions to make the article better. Instead we are discrediting him because he didn't provide any sources to back up his article. Yeah sure, I see the reason, but that gives no excuse to just attack him based on those areas alone.

I see this again and again with newer users of Rune Tip It that decide to post an article or question the audience based on their opinions and research. This is why I don't post here anymore. He could of done a better job, but we can be the supporters of this article. I support because this has been a ongoing issue that Jagex has failed to comply.

It just goes to show that elitism prevails in these parts.

Sorry Bladewing, this wasn't some kid who did a cut-n-paste job of an article just for the hell of it.

then why does it read exactly like the last dozen articles the tip.it times has written on the topic in the last three months?

I use the RSOF every day on a regular basis

well that explains a lot.

My problem is that most people on this board don't post directly relating to the discussion that the topic creator started. We should be offering feedback related to the discussion with a few suggestions to make the article better. Instead we are discrediting him because he didn't provide any sources to back up his article. Yeah sure, I see the reason, but that gives no excuse to just attack him based on those areas alone.

i'll humor you.

the topic already has dozens of articles and even more discussion topics. OPs article fails to add any new facets to the topic, nor does it provide any new information. the "article" is horribly written and does not give any evidence for the "thesis" (to OP: "i did some research" is not a thesis) or conclusions.

I see this again and again with newer users of Rune Tip It that decide to post an article or question the audience based on their opinions and research. This is why I don't post here anymore. He could of done a better job, but we can be the supporters of this article. I support because this has been a ongoing issue that Jagex has failed to comply.

if he wasn't going to give enough effort to make a GOOD ARTICLE or a GOOD TOPIC, he should have just made a POST in one of the dozens of preexisting threads on the topic.

It just goes to show that elitism prevails in these parts.

even the most accepting community wouldn't make this article not a piece of [cabbage].

Oi, Caj. What'd you think the bot developers were then, some malignant devils spawned from the frozen depths of their parents' basement with wayyy too much time on their hands? (I'm guessing you thought they'd be much, much older, say someone in their late 20s.)

It might not be a cut and paste job, but it sure reads like one of those shoddy articles some fools would make to drive traffic onto their blog in order to get a quarter of a penny in advertising revenue. However, I wouldn't be adverse to a rewrite as I mentioned before.

There are plenty of times when people in here have attacked the poster and not the poster's argument, sure. Then there are some folk in here that like to speak in blunt terms and get mistaken for attacking. But if one side generally refuses to rise to the bait then it tends to die down.

As for the prevailing attitudes you see as "elitist" - IMO blame the game's current problems. It's been poisoned with neglect and greed. Hardly a place promoting general goodwill in the community at large.

EDIT: I say current, but these problems - such as botting - have always been there. Only the problems seem to have intensified with the return of FT.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I just hate the conclusion. It's a dumb conclusion, and to me it shows he can't have done that much research.

When I started fining out about bots and getting to know some botters I came to the opposite opinion.

Honestly the opinions of 12 year old kids do not interest me. All I care about is the fact that it is an interesting topic that I was not heavily informed about and wanted to research more. I have learned more and have had fun researching this topic meaning it was time very well spent.

Today i did a research project on the affect the lack of education has on the black people in our society in South Africa. Although it was a topic i already knew much about i thought i'd research it and see if i could find something i didn't already know. I have learned more and have had fun researching the topic meaning it was time very well spent.

Shall i post my finding too?

3/10 to the OP. First off, most people over age 10 already know this. Second, why get so pissy when your joke-of-a-post-and-quite-frankly-a-waste-of-your-own-time thread gets trolled? Who's 12 now bro? And thirdly. . . 3 points for grammar.

Who are you to request a lock? This thread has discussion value.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Again, Lock please?

No.

This thread has discussion value.

The problem is that it is being bombarded by posts like yours and mine.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Locking this because it has been riddled with so much spam, trolling and downright rudeness. You are fully welcome to dislike an article but when you say that in your post, don't do it in an inflammatory way. Constructively challenge the ideas - don't attack the person behind them. And to the people requesting a lock: if you believe a thread should be locked you need to report it. Posting "lock plz" on the thread is not only rude but is considered spam.

If this happens again on another thread - especially if they are the same people - temporary bans will be given out.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog