Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Limewire sued for $75 Trillion

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit

Tech patents are the plague of progress and only make the life of the consumer worse. Earlier this year apple got (or filed for) a patent for the letters on a touchscreen phone popping up when you press them. Would you say it's fair that I have to suffer misspellings on my android just because apple implemented the concept first. How about the company suing jagex because they own the patent for text appearing above a characters head in game. Tech patents, especially software ones, are ridiculous.

Going on rediculous patents, how about patents on the human gnome, and patents on a myriad of things found in nature. I recall a few years ago a farmer went on the news because a company was suing him because traces of something they patented could be found in his crop, because the next farm over bought the pesticide and winds and rain blew small amounts of the pesticide over. I've also heard of people being sued over something patented that naturally occurs in the animals it's fed to.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Silvertaler
[ Display Name History ]

Silvertaler

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RSN:Silvertaler

This is the kind of mentality that has people getting sued for 75 trillion dollars. Do you live in 1960, or in 2011?

It's not really worth it getting into detail on your little argument about the clothes shop, it's just irrelevant and preposterous. This isn't about thieving, this is about sharing, I suggest you do pick up a dictionnary if you don't understand the difference. The internet is a place to communicate and exchange information, and socialize with other people. Exchanging information isn't breaking some stupid, selfish laws, it's before anything a human necessity, unless you're an anti-social caveman.
Sharing music isn't new to the internet. People have been giving away their old CD's to friends for ages, that's also theoretically illegal. Yeah, many small things out there are theoretically illegal. Sharing video games with friends is illegal, riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is also theoretically illegal. And let's not get to the greater details such as smoking cannabis or gay marriage. And yet many people out there do those kinds of things. Just because there is a law, doesn't mean it makes sense. Many laws out there are corrupted by corporations, politics, traditions, religion. Sometimes, not even the police cares that you do such things - smart people know that we don't live in a courthouse, we live in reality. We are not machines following orders, we are humans who need to communicate and socialize.

You speak of laws, but do you even know your rights? If you have enough dignity to understand that corporation's rights end where yours begin, you should know they're stepping on your rights much more than you're stepping on theirs. They have been turning every bit of your freedom and pleasure into merchandise for more than a century. If you can't see that, I'd assume you're either naïve or just down right submissive. Do you have any dignity and will to live a free life, instead of living crushed under corporate propaganda, defending the rights of some megalomaniac moron who makes more money every month than you make in your entire life wether or not people download their music? Even assuming you prefer to live chained to massive corporations, do you think they need you to defend themselves? They wouldn't be suing people for 75 trillion if they didn't have most of the people believing that they're gods and unable to stand up for themselves. They don't care about you. Maybe you should think about your rights first and considering theirs after, before coming here and bashing on people who are defending their sharing rights. There's a clock counting your days down and when it's all over it's not like downloading a stupid song is gonna have an impact on the world.

The RIAA, VEVO & company are a bunch of greedy bastards who need to be stopped. Five years ago, you could watch a video on Youtube without getting spammed with propaganda. Nowadays it's getting ridiculous. They invade our real life, and now they invade the little world of freedom we had here, spam propaganda everywhere and take down our sharing communities.

Do you believe in the legitimacy of patents?

Sorry for taking a while it's been some time I didn't check this thread.

Good in the domain of arts, where you don't want people making carbon copies of your ideas. Especially if you're a beginner artist and can easily get your stuff stolen without people noticing. Besides that, I agree with what the other guy replied to you. If companies are gonna use patents on everything they create, we're not going far. In science and technology more than in any other domain, if people can't base their work on that of others then they'll have a hard time progressing.
Posted Image

Baldur
[ Display Name History ]

Baldur

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Baldur
  • RSN2:Pony Wrath
75 TRILLIONS???? (gimme some 'o that!)

It's rediculous, I agree but at the same time people who refuse to pay for music, games, etc... are, well with no words to say it gently, I'll use the word stupid.

If you think music should be free I think you should work for free.

I'm just sayin'

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

Napalm
[ Display Name History ]

Napalm

Scarier than Haunter

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

75 TRILLIONS???? (gimme some 'o that!)

It's rediculous, I agree but at the same time people who refuse to pay for music, games, etc... are, well with no words to say it gently, I'll use the word stupid.

If you think music should be free I think you should work for free.

I'm just sayin'

I wouldn't really use the word stupid seeing as they (we) are saving a lot of money and getting away with it.

But I get your point.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users