Revision of Policy

We hope these revisions to our policy make the forum experience more enjoyable for the forums users as a whole!

Regards,

Your Tip.It Administration

If you ask me it makes these forums seem more and more like the RSOF, as if Jagex was running this site. It's hard to post anymore without carefully crafting each sentence to make sure it conforms to the rules you guys have set.

I say you guys should just lighten up a bit.

If anything, that's a bad idea. The Runescape General is a cesspit and a lot of users "borderline" troll. If anything, it's a good thing they've gotten a sturdier backbone, as I know a lot of the mods hate dealing with it. Then again, considering the statistically general demographic for this game, it's not surprising. (Hint: 13-16 year olds.)

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I begin, I'll say that cracking down on botters is good.

Cracking down on "trolling," though, seems odd to me. I post stuff that that's a little bit "edgy" (for lack of a better word) all the time. It doesn't mean I'm trolling, it just means that I'm more assertive and sarcastic than most people, but I don't feel that it devalues my posts or has a negative effect on the discussion; it's just how I tend to post. I mean, if you look at people like Amitoz and Golvellius, the trolling is so glaringly obvious that it's just silly. You can't read their posts with a straight face. If this rule targets posters like them, then okay, that's fine, but if it targets people who legitimately add to discussions, but with a little bite in their posts, that's not acceptable to me.

If everyone's just super nice and happy-go-lucky all the time, we'll never learn anything new on these boards. Argument and debate (even heated debate) breed knowledge.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

We are not going to ban someone for posting a semi troll post once. We are only doing it to crack down on those who are obvious trolls, who contribute nothing to the community, who just post crap after crap. Not people who occasionally post a "troll" post every now and then and when it's appropriate (as appropriate as a troll post can be anyway).

From what I've seen a lot of the trolling is aimed at a few people on these forums who consistently post blatantly wrong or misleading information, I think I speak for a bunch of people when I say that I would love to see something done about those spreading misinformation as well.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

We are not going to ban someone for posting a semi troll post once. We are only doing it to crack down on those who are obvious trolls, who contribute nothing to the community, who just post crap after crap. Not people who occasionally post a "troll" post every now and then and when it's appropriate (as appropriate as a troll post can be anyway).

I agree with this, but it seems some other Admins think otherwise. I'm speaking of a situation earlier today, when a friend of mine, Cheeesy (Cheezedude on Tip.It), posted a joke reply to someone, and was removed, and resulted in a 3-day ban from Tip.It. Cheese is NOT a troll by any means, he's is one of those people described in my earlier post, as well as Obtaurian's. Even as you described, DarkDude, he's someone "who occasionally post a "troll" post every now and then."

This is what I was referring to, as going too far. I hope you understand.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

"As of late, there have been some posting styles and content that have bothered the Tip.It staff as well as many of our genuine users."

Could you please define "genuine" in this context.

What if a genuine users posting style conflicts with another genuine user? Whose is deemed more genuine.

Thanks

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

"As of late, there have been some posting styles and content that have bothered the Tip.It staff as well as many of our genuine users."

What if a genuine users posting style conflicts with another genuine user? Whose is deemed more genuine.

Thanks

From what I've seen on this thread alone, it's all older players, most of which are Retired. It seems their say has more influence over some of the longtime RuneScape players that still play.

No offense intended, ofcourse.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I'd like to point out that there are better places to take pot shots at each other than a thread discussing forum policy, especially pot shots that violate forum rules. A round of 'knock it offs' to everybody involved.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.

Sounds good, disagree with ideas not people. Even if you disagree maintain you should maintain some level of respect, this is not preschool.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

what about using autoswitchers, a few people even admit to using them on here.

They are against the Runescape and Jagex rules, therefore are against our rules too.

Thanks

By genuine members, we mean members who are here to discuss and talk about Runescape. They are the vast majority of the forum users. Basically we have had numerous complaints by people that trolling and spam posts have been ever increasing stopping proper discussion on threads and massively disrupting many other threads.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

How can you catch a user botting, rwting, account sharing, or multilogging? Unless the person admits it, of course..

What about people who are known hackers or scammers? They are still AOK by the TIF community, right? >.>

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

How can you catch a user botting, rwting, account sharing, or multilogging? Unless the person admits it, of course..

What about people who are known hackers or scammers? They are still AOK by the TIF community, right? >.>

How are they "known hackers or scammers?".

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

There were people who abused the μ bug and posted here about it, gloating that they killed people by crashing their game client, and nothing was done.

There were people who abused the μ bug and posted here about it, gloating that they killed people by crashing their game client, and nothing was done.

That's the kind of thing we're looking to crack down on - if evidence is posted here we can certainly take action (and will).

polvCwJ.gif

But now that you are saying "If you post it, we will take action", people won't post it. People posted during that bug beceause they knew tif didn't do anything.

But now that you are saying "If you post it, we will take action", people won't post it. People posted during that bug beceause they knew tif didn't do anything.

So now, they won't be posting about bug abuse. Win - win.

polvCwJ.gif

So instead they'll just carry on being the rule breakers they are but not posting it on tif. I see, that's heaps better.

So instead they'll just carry on being the rule breakers they are but not posting it on tif. I see, that's heaps better.

What do you suggest we do about it? Shall we start searching the rsof and relying on hearsay evidence to ban anyone who might possibly have botted?

polvCwJ.gif

No, you should of changed the policy, but instead of saying "hey, if you tell us you are rule breaker, we will ban you!" you should of just said "...", and if someone posted a pic of them glitching at the expense of others, ban.

Just like how Jagex will ban you for scamming if you scam. Not if you tell them "hey Jagex, i scammed! Lolol!!!!"

You're basically saying that it is still ok as long as they dont admit to it. That solves nothing.

No, you should of changed the policy, but instead of saying "hey, if you tell us you are rule breaker, we will ban you!" you should of just said "...", and if someone posted a pic of them glitching at the expense of others, ban.

Just like how Jagex will ban you for scamming if you scam. Not if you tell them "hey Jagex, i scammed! Lolol!!!!"

You're basically saying that it is still ok as long as they dont admit to it. That solves nothing.

Any reasonable evidence of glitching posted on the forums may be suitable for a ban. Direct evidence posted here is as good as admittance - it's evidence posted elsewhere that we can't act on.

polvCwJ.gif

Exactly..

How it was before: They could do stuff, post stuff, say they did it, and have nothing done to them from the TIF staff

Now: They could do stuff, but they just won't post or say that they did it.

If you hadn't announced it, those who were foolish enough to post would have action taken against them. You just told everyone "we dont care if you do it just don't post about it", which solves no problems, as the people who do the rule breaking are still in the community

So you're suggesting that

A) We're here to enforce Jagex' rules?

B) We should make rule changes without telling everyone about them?

polvCwJ.gif