RuneScape Death Mechanics - Let's speculate

Assume Nothing

I'm glad Jagex is finally taking some action with items lost on death.

Even though I am a free player and I don't die anywhere outside of dungeoneering (no risk anyway) and wilderness (only bring 3 items with me).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So imo chaotic Weps should have atleast 15m value.

I think they should be valued at however much money you've put into repairing them (repaired once-valued at 2m or 200k depending on the repair option you went with, reapird 10 times-valued at 20m or 2m depending on the repair option you went with, etc.)

inb4 thisjustpunishespeoplewhojustgottheirchaoticandwanttotryitinthewild

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I think the non-nex gwd's just got a hell of a lot easier. Oh, and slayer's now hands-down the easiest skill, as the risk of death out of that skill got reduced to 0

Yea your right, Slayer is a hard skill to train because of it's risk of death. /sarcasm

I can't think of a single task that Kuradal assigns where anyone who knew what they were doing would be at risk of death, even Miths are a complete joke.

Sylpheed.png

stupid imo

one of the fun parts of pking was killing someone for claws etc cause they didn't know their d skirt/sq protected over it

not to mention not a single person in edge will use anything but korasi now...

[cabbage] update if you ask me

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Why couldn't they just make it this way that you would be able to choose the 3 or 4 items you keep, before you die? Then Internet connection problems wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Or just activate the timer once you choose the 3-4 items you keep.

If neither of those options are coming, this update is pointless for me.

I wouldn't mind people losing chaotics at bosses if they die because of their own errors, but Internet connection problems are more or loss out of our control. Unless you buy 2-3 different connections... :rolleyes:

Margus.png

Yeah, the only times you might die slaying is if you afk or disconnect at metals/strykewyrms and you dotn drink super antifire/move from popup attacks. and its pretty easy to get back to all the spots within 10-15 mins.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I can't see the PVP system working well. The price of a lot of items is set by how likely you are to lose it on death. Now, how likely you are to lose it on death is set by the price of the item.

Which in turn is set by how likely you are to lose it on death, and how likely you are to lose it on death is set by the price of item, which is set by how likely you are to lose it on death, which in turn is set by the price....how can I make this text smaller...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

inb4 thisjustpunishespeoplewhojustgottheirchaoticandwanttotryitinthewild

Umm yea....that is incredibly unfair to those who just got it.

If anything, it should be the other way around, were it looses value the more you've repaired it. Because that way, you've had more time to get enough for a backup. Where as for the other person, first day they get a rapier, fresh new 80 dung level, they go out....and keep a rune plate over it because they haven't repaired it yet

That's totally fair amirite?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'd like to think Jagex won't forget about untradeables, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did... Personally, I don't really like this update. Jagex seems to have been doing their best to "dumb down" runescape which is impressive because well.. it's runescape, which is already pretty dumbed down. Part of the risk of dying should be that you can't always keep the items you want. With this new system, there's no penalty for dying which I think is silly. Dying should have at least SOME negative ramifications, even if you DC or whatever, that's all part of the game. In fact, it's a driving force in the game, and I think it should stay that way. And, I'm trying to get some wicked sweet lootz from gravestones.

How nice of Jagex to finally do this. People have only been saying you should be able to choose what you will drop for like, what, forever? Glad to see it finally coming together, though I'm kinda pissed it's happening AFTER I lost my rapier. :rolleyes:

I lost my rapier along with ~8M before this update ofc, but that's how it goes.

unspam: good update.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Besides the barrows items having chaotic prices , I think this will make korsai's sword an even better weapon as one of the main turn offs is its alch value, if you can use it as a 2nd spec weapon with out worrying about your items its going to make a lot better. Also maybe an increase in whip prices due to more people keeping them?

Also maybe an increase in whip prices due to more people keeping them?

If more people keep them, how do they increase? That's stupid. Whips will go down because people won't have to buy more, if anything.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.