"The Room" Anyone else catch this on AS last night?

Swiller2

I turned on cartoon network to watch some Adult Swim and here is this movie(?) playing called "The Room." I remember seeing an ad for this on AS a long time ago, but thought it was just a joke spot like they tend to do sometimes. I am just wondering if anyone else happened to watch it? It was so insanely bad I figure it had to be a joke, right? But then I look on imdb.com and it has a listing like it's a serious short film/movie!?

Im guessing this was Adult Swims April Fools joke? Just curious what others think who might have watched it? That is, if anyone could stomach more than 5 mins. of it lol.

If this guy was trying to make a serious film, I feel bad for who ever financed this pos.

Haha, the livestream that I visit streamed this like 4 months ago.

Best movie ever.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

"The Room" has to be one of the worst films of all time :D

and to say he wrote, directed and acted in it, says quite a bit about his general talent with movies :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I have seen this movie about 14 times. It's so good you always notice something new in it. The acting is simply superb, which is adequate for characters with such depth. Also, I think the movie is quite daring by touching subjects such as drugs, cancer, the way sports affect modern society, friendship and betrayal.

16185_s.gif

Why hasn't this been nominated for any oscars?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The Room is such a hilarious movie, especially the sex scenes.

AS has such great TV shows such as Children's Hospital and Eagleheart. Wiseau should be proud to have his movie shown alongside these great shows.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump to say: I did not hit her! I did not!

Although, lovers of this fine movie might also enjoy the next feature film from the Tommy Wiseau:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I remember when some of my friends went to watch this film during "cult night" at the on-campus theatre at our university. They found the film life-changing and regretted not bringing any plastic spoons after seeing it.

Oh and my friend got the results of her test back that night as well: she definitely had breast cancer.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Oh and my friend got the results of her test back that night as well: she definitely had breast cancer.

I'm guessing she never mentioned it again and her announcement was totally meaningless?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'm guessing she never mentioned it again and her announcement was totally meaningless?

Precisely. Like it was just breast cancer, nbd.

FMAsig.jpg

Remarkably, Tommy Wiseau has reaped benefits that far surpass what he would have gotten if the movie was "good" in the traditional sense.

Definitely. Interesting how that works out...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Remarkably, Tommy Wiseau has reaped benefits that far surpass what he would have gotten if the movie was "good" in the traditional sense.

Too bad those benefits didn't come in the form of cash. The man had a $6mil budget and only grossed $2000 in theatres.

FMAsig.jpg