Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you look down on untrimmed Cooking capes?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Krohboy
[ Display Name History ]

Krohboy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:X_Krohboy_X
No because I has one. lol
| Back From Retirement | Known as Tylerk116 |
Posted Image

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
nope

attack was my first 99 though

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
99s are inefficient.

Leyenda
[ Display Name History ]

Leyenda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Szeryng
No; the only cape I dislike seeing is untrimmed strength

Also I have an untrimmed cooking cape but I wear SW now; I still don't think they're bad capes to have
All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)
Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs
Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I look down on using them as it's so easy to get a better cape - especially if you play enough to get a 99.

I don't think they are very special either. I don't care much for them at all. But I won't put someone down for having one.

If you think you are good because you have a 99, I won't take you seriously regardless of the 99, but in my opinion untrimmed cooking (and some other common untrimmed capes) make such bragging even more stupid.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Durant
[ Display Name History ]

Durant

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • RSN:No1s Perfect
Range was my first... :D

On topic: I don't so much mind the skill cape, but when people try to throw it in my face. Like seriously, I had this guy come up to me the other day with Full Guthans, a Cooking Skillcape, Brackish Blade, Barrows Gloves, DFS, and Ammy Fury (or). Now, yea, he had some money, but I asked him to buy his Brackish Blade and he just laughed and said shut up noob get some stats. So of course, that pissed me off, since he had 1 99, and had maybe 60M. <_<
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
I only look down on them if the person wearing it thinks they're awesome for having it.

Other then that...I don't give a [bleep] at all about it.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
Of course I do! Why would anyone waste their life on the worst skill? If they only have that 99 they're stupid. Bloody morons.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Utopia
[ Display Name History ]

Utopia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Utopia

On topic: I don't so much mind the skill cape, but when people try to throw it in my face. Like seriously, I had this guy come up to me the other day with Full Guthans, a Cooking Skillcape, Brackish Blade, Barrows Gloves, DFS, and Ammy Fury (or). Now, yea, he had some money, but I asked him to buy his Brackish Blade and he just laughed and said shut up noob get some stats. So of course, that pissed me off, since he had 1 99, and had maybe 60M. <_<

You're No1s Perfect? :ugeek:

Posted Image

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
No.

Cooking was the first skill I got 99 in, and I'm proud of it. Granted it's no longer my "favorite" skill and I don't wear the cape any longer, but that isn't because I'm ashamed of it, or don't consider it an achievement. I basically just wear the skillcape from the latest 99 I got... when I got 99 Woodcutting, I started wearing it instead of my Cooking cape, then moved on to Magic, etc.

Honestly, it really only matters what you think about. The "greatness" of an achievement is relative. Simply because you or I might think a skill is "easy" or quick to get doesn't mean that that person had an easy time getting it, or didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Edit: On another topic, it also really, really bothers me when people with 99 Cooking look down on other people for having 99 Cooking. A lot of the time their excuse is, "Well, it wasn't my first 99," but really... that doesn't make any difference in my opinion.

Take two people. One person gets 99 Runecrafting first, and then gets 99 Cooking. The second person gets 99 Cooking first and then gets 99 Runecrafting. Why does that make the second person's (who get 99 Cooking first) achievement any less great?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

cya_tremend
[ Display Name History ]

cya_tremend

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • RSN:Genkai
  • RSN2:BSAA
  • Clan:OTG
I do look down on these people mainly because they could have spent their time on something better than cook or fletch.

Most cases people just want a 99 to say they have a 99. After that they stop and go camp abbies or something till they get all their combat stats to 99. This breed of player is in my opinion the worst kind because it shows no dedication to anything and accomplishes nothing.

As far as the skill is involved I can't say its a bad 99. Like people say a 99 is a 99 and its one of the few buyables I have left to do. I plan on getting it done in the not too distant future.
Posted Image
Posted Image

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01

You're No1s Perfect? :ugeek:

lol, it seems he changes accounts quite often.

i remember him "just" finishing smoking kills like two/three weeks ago as wells being happy he got level 80 in some melee stat? I don't really remember exactly what the circumstances were lol.
Posted Image

Leyenda
[ Display Name History ]

Leyenda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Szeryng

Of course I do! Why would anyone waste their life on the worst skill? If they only have that 99 they're stupid. I'm a bloody moron.

Too bad
All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)
Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs
Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

That_Brown_Kid
[ Display Name History ]

That_Brown_Kid

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN:Agent G F
  • RSN2:e4sy m4c
Yes.
Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

I used to think they were stupid and nooby, but now I am indifferent. Cooking is definitely the easiest, and probably overall the fastest (in terms of having to make money to do pray/herblore/cons and charm gathering for summ) 99 skill. Is it really a noob achievement? Or is it a good, true achievement?

Most people with untrimmed cooking capes (or tirmmed cooking/fletch capes for that matter, at least the ones that WEAR them) got the cape just because they felt like a noob without a skillcape, so went for one of the easier skills. So yes, I look down on it, because they got it just to (more or less) keep up with the joneess of RS.

Make note of the word most. Also, I realize I don't know for a fact that most people with unrimmed cooking skillcapes got it just to feel less nooby or keep up with the Joness, but none-the-less I believe it to be true, for what is in my opinion (lol) a good reason. I do however realize there are exceptions to this, and that my general assumption could even be wrong.

If I actually met a guy who got a cooking skillcape just because he liked cooking, I think I'd respect that. (Not gonna lie though, I'd feel different about a girl who got 99 cooking because she liked it.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

Most people with untrimmed cooking capes (or tirmmed cooking/fletch capes for that matter, at least the ones that WEAR them) got the cape just because they felt like a noob without a skillcape, so went for one of the easier skills. So yes, I look down on it, because they got it just to (more or less) keep up with the joneess of RS.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't care (nor does it affect me) one way or the other, but I really only have "respect" ( :rolleyes: ) for useful 99's, 99's that the person actually enjoyed getting, and 99's for the purpose of maxing total.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Big_Stingman
[ Display Name History ]

Big_Stingman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • RSN:Big Stingman
I actually think the emote is pretty sexy imo. Cape itself isn't too bad either.

z0diark
[ Display Name History ]

z0diark

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
I don't look down on it but it's not something I 'respect'. I'm bored of seeing cookery capes about, stuff like agility and farming capes look far nicer in my opinion.
Posted Image

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01

I pretty much agree with this. I don't care (nor does it affect me) one way or the other, but I really only have "respect" ( :rolleyes: ) for useful 99's, 99's that the person actually enjoyed getting, and 99's for the purpose of maxing total.

Who says you can't have fun cooking? :unsure:
Posted Image

0xo0000ox0
[ Display Name History ]

0xo0000ox0

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Oh look, untrimmed [insert skill] cape. How stupid.

Seriously? No, I don't look down on any cape. I look down on idiots who thinks less of "easy" capes and who praise and worship "harder" capes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users