Do you look down on untrimmed Cooking capes?

Nomrombom

Range was my first... :D

On topic: I don't so much mind the skill cape, but when people try to throw it in my face. Like seriously, I had this guy come up to me the other day with Full Guthans, a Cooking Skillcape, Brackish Blade, Barrows Gloves, DFS, and Ammy Fury (or). Now, yea, he had some money, but I asked him to buy his Brackish Blade and he just laughed and said shut up noob get some stats. So of course, that pissed me off, since he had 1 99, and had maybe 60M. <_<

No1s_Perfect.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On topic: I don't so much mind the skill cape, but when people try to throw it in my face. Like seriously, I had this guy come up to me the other day with Full Guthans, a Cooking Skillcape, Brackish Blade, Barrows Gloves, DFS, and Ammy Fury (or). Now, yea, he had some money, but I asked him to buy his Brackish Blade and he just laughed and said shut up noob get some stats. So of course, that pissed me off, since he had 1 99, and had maybe 60M. <_<

You're No1s Perfect? :ugeek:

VsaJs.jpg

No.

Cooking was the first skill I got 99 in, and I'm proud of it. Granted it's no longer my "favorite" skill and I don't wear the cape any longer, but that isn't because I'm ashamed of it, or don't consider it an achievement. I basically just wear the skillcape from the latest 99 I got... when I got 99 Woodcutting, I started wearing it instead of my Cooking cape, then moved on to Magic, etc.

Honestly, it really only matters what you think about. The "greatness" of an achievement is relative. Simply because you or I might think a skill is "easy" or quick to get doesn't mean that that person had an easy time getting it, or didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Edit: On another topic, it also really, really bothers me when people with 99 Cooking look down on other people for having 99 Cooking. A lot of the time their excuse is, "Well, it wasn't my first 99," but really... that doesn't make any difference in my opinion.

Take two people. One person gets 99 Runecrafting first, and then gets 99 Cooking. The second person gets 99 Cooking first and then gets 99 Runecrafting. Why does that make the second person's (who get 99 Cooking first) achievement any less great?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I do look down on these people mainly because they could have spent their time on something better than cook or fletch.

Most cases people just want a 99 to say they have a 99. After that they stop and go camp abbies or something till they get all their combat stats to 99. This breed of player is in my opinion the worst kind because it shows no dedication to anything and accomplishes nothing.

As far as the skill is involved I can't say its a bad 99. Like people say a 99 is a 99 and its one of the few buyables I have left to do. I plan on getting it done in the not too distant future.

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

You're No1s Perfect? :ugeek:

lol, it seems he changes accounts quite often.

i remember him "just" finishing smoking kills like two/three weeks ago as wells being happy he got level 80 in some melee stat? I don't really remember exactly what the circumstances were lol.

capt%20kevin.png

Of course I do! Why would anyone waste their life on the worst skill? If they only have that 99 they're stupid. I'm a bloody moron.

Too bad

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

I used to think they were stupid and nooby, but now I am indifferent. Cooking is definitely the easiest, and probably overall the fastest (in terms of having to make money to do pray/herblore/cons and charm gathering for summ) 99 skill. Is it really a noob achievement? Or is it a good, true achievement?

Most people with untrimmed cooking capes (or tirmmed cooking/fletch capes for that matter, at least the ones that WEAR them) got the cape just because they felt like a noob without a skillcape, so went for one of the easier skills. So yes, I look down on it, because they got it just to (more or less) keep up with the joneess of RS.

Make note of the word most. Also, I realize I don't know for a fact that most people with unrimmed cooking skillcapes got it just to feel less nooby or keep up with the Joness, but none-the-less I believe it to be true, for what is in my opinion (lol) a good reason. I do however realize there are exceptions to this, and that my general assumption could even be wrong.

If I actually met a guy who got a cooking skillcape just because he liked cooking, I think I'd respect that. (Not gonna lie though, I'd feel different about a girl who got 99 cooking because she liked it.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Most people with untrimmed cooking capes (or tirmmed cooking/fletch capes for that matter, at least the ones that WEAR them) got the cape just because they felt like a noob without a skillcape, so went for one of the easier skills. So yes, I look down on it, because they got it just to (more or less) keep up with the joneess of RS.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't care (nor does it affect me) one way or the other, but I really only have "respect" ( :rolleyes: ) for useful 99's, 99's that the person actually enjoyed getting, and 99's for the purpose of maxing total.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't care (nor does it affect me) one way or the other, but I really only have "respect" ( :rolleyes: ) for useful 99's, 99's that the person actually enjoyed getting, and 99's for the purpose of maxing total.

Who says you can't have fun cooking? :unsure:

capt%20kevin.png

No matter what cape a person had, I would still see it as an achievement.

Even though I have Slayer and Summoning, I would still be proud of getting a cape such as cooking. Unfortunately I don't have the attention span to do so. Props to them for putting up with boring [cabbage]. :thumbup:

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

I don't look down on them... I just think nothing of them.

yeah. if youre desperate enough for any 99 that you get cook/fletch/etc as your first, i dont see that as an achievement. :|

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

yeah. if youre desperate enough for any 99 that you get cook/fletch/etc as your first, i dont see that as an achievement. :|

Errr.... why?

Fletching takes aggeees, it was my first 99. Don't see how it's any less of an 'achievment'.

I think cooking capes look boss aswell

Errr.... why?

Fletching takes aggeees, it was my first 99. Don't see how it's any less of an 'achievment'.

Er, I don't think 13 hours at a moderate price or 30 hours profiting is "agessss"

For people saying a 99 is a 99, you obviously have no experience with the max exp rates of skills. Fletching is, without exagerattion, 20X faster than slayer.

ZMFg2.jpg

Errr.... why?

Er, I don't think 13 hours at a moderate price or 30 hours profiting is "agessss"

For people saying a 99 is a 99, you obviously have no experience with the max exp rates of skills. Fletching is, without exagerattion, 20X faster than slayer.

Yeah but how many people have time to get 99 slayer. I remember for my fletching it felt like a long time to me. I spent at least 4 hours + playing a day for a week to get 91-99 and that is a lot to me. If that's not a lot to you maybe you should take a walk and think about things.

I spent 30 hours completing FF7 and I think of that as an achievement.

Basically I think it's seriously bad times if a lot of people think that spending 30+hours on a game isn't noteworthy at all.

i look down on skillcapes in general.

sw for pray, firecape for melee, ava's for range, mage arena cape for magic

spottier or ava's for skilling

there is actually no need for a skill cape unless for fancy dress parties or something

I don't have sw cape or firecape, so I wear my skill cape on melee and pray tasks. =\

I don't look down on any skill capes.

35b9enp.jpg