Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you look down on untrimmed Cooking capes?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Opeth
[ Display Name History ]

Opeth

[bleep] knows

• Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Opeth
No matter what cape a person had, I would still see it as an achievement.
Even though I have Slayer and Summoning, I would still be proud of getting a cape such as cooking. Unfortunately I don't have the attention span to do so. Props to them for putting up with boring [cabbage]. :thumbup:

Posted Image

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Gilformen
[ Display Name History ]

Gilformen

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Vilya
  • RSN '07:Vilya
  • Clan:nah

I don't look down on them... I just think nothing of them.

yeah. if youre desperate enough for any 99 that you get cook/fletch/etc as your first, i dont see that as an achievement. :|

Posted Image
32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming
14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

No_M0re
[ Display Name History ]

No_M0re

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

yeah. if youre desperate enough for any 99 that you get cook/fletch/etc as your first, i dont see that as an achievement. :|

Errr.... why?

Fletching takes aggeees, it was my first 99. Don't see how it's any less of an 'achievment'.

I think cooking capes look boss aswell

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
99s a 99 regardless imho

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Luxucs
[ Display Name History ]

Luxucs

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RSN:iLuxucs
I look down on those who brag about their untrimmed Cooking or Fletching cape. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Matt_Marche
[ Display Name History ]

Matt_Marche

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RSN:Matt Marche
  • RSN2:Ismibeg
  • Clan:DGS, THH

Errr.... why?

Fletching takes aggeees, it was my first 99. Don't see how it's any less of an 'achievment'.

Er, I don't think 13 hours at a moderate price or 30 hours profiting is "agessss"

For people saying a 99 is a 99, you obviously have no experience with the max exp rates of skills. Fletching is, without exagerattion, 20X faster than slayer.
Posted Image

No_M0re
[ Display Name History ]

No_M0re

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Errr.... why?

Er, I don't think 13 hours at a moderate price or 30 hours profiting is "agessss"

For people saying a 99 is a 99, you obviously have no experience with the max exp rates of skills. Fletching is, without exagerattion, 20X faster than slayer.

Yeah but how many people have time to get 99 slayer. I remember for my fletching it felt like a long time to me. I spent at least 4 hours + playing a day for a week to get 91-99 and that is a lot to me. If that's not a lot to you maybe you should take a walk and think about things.

I spent 30 hours completing FF7 and I think of that as an achievement.

Basically I think it's seriously bad times if a lot of people think that spending 30+hours on a game isn't noteworthy at all.

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly
who gives a [cabbage]

I piety the fool.

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Of course I do! Why would anyone waste their life on the worst skill? If they only have that 99 they're stupid. I'm a bloody moron.

Too bad

Too easy, man.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

spooferfish
[ Display Name History ]

spooferfish

Crimson 'n' Gold

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RSN:Spooferfish
  • RSN2:Qdoba
  • Clan:OCM

i look down on skillcapes in general.

sw for pray, firecape for melee, ava's for range, mage arena cape for magic

spottier or ava's for skilling

there is actually no need for a skill cape unless for fancy dress parties or something

I don't have sw cape or firecape, so I wear my skill cape on melee and pray tasks. =\

I don't look down on any skill capes.

35b9enp.jpg

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

I personally got 99 Fletching as my first. (I believe you were still playing when I began it. Ily Gilfor. <3: ) That doesn't mean I'm desperate though. I happened to enjoy it, and I wear my cape proudly. It doesn't matter what the hell anyone else thinks about my cape, I got it because I worked [hard] for it. Whether so-and-so thinks I did or didn't means nothing to me.

Wiv
[ Display Name History ]

Wiv

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 305 posts
All 99's are easy.... All combats? Just afk bandits or armored skeletons with prayer on.... Herblor? just make the most expensive pots..... Mining? rock caverns made it easy.. all skills are easy to get... just some take more or less time. I personally think woodcut is now the easiest skill thx to ivy but that's just an opinion. I actually envy people with untrim capes because most of them look better that way. 99 cook was my first 99 and i loved it. In a game based on clicking and pointing can anything be considered hard?

Vulxai
[ Display Name History ]

Vulxai

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ

• Members
  • 5,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Wise Pond
  • RSN '07:Vulxai
No I do not. I didn't get my cooking in a week, I got it over a 5 month period. Why? Because I enjoyed it. If I didn't have a couple other goals, I'd probably still cook. I don't look down on those who have 99 cooking, but I do look down on those who brag about it. I have never once bragged about having 99 cooking. I don't wear my cape because I want to brag. I wear it because I like the way it looks. In fact, I really don't want to trim it, because the trim makes it look rather ugly to me. If you seriously look down on 99 cooking...it's a game for enjoyment. You shouldn't look down on anything other than yourself.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
Yes

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
Yes

Helm_Lardar
[ Display Name History ]

Helm_Lardar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RSN:Helm Lardar
I would look down on them, but I don't have that level. I would only look down on them if they started bragging about their acheivement or one-upping me over it, so long as they were in other directions woefully unbalanced and thought their acheivement was best.

I'm not an efficienado.

Moama
[ Display Name History ]

Moama

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • RSN:Alien_55555
  • RSN2:Moama
No, cooking was my first 99 and I was very proud of it at the time, give them time, they will get more skills capes. Dont hate on them for only having one untrimmed easy 99, its better then nothing.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom

All 99's are easy.... All combats? Just afk bandits or armored skeletons with prayer on.... Herblor? just make the most expensive pots..... Mining? rock caverns made it easy.. all skills are easy to get... just some take more or less time. I personally think woodcut is now the easiest skill thx to ivy but that's just an opinion. I actually envy people with untrim capes because most of them look better that way. 99 cook was my first 99 and i loved it. In a game based on clicking and pointing can anything be considered hard?

You KNOW the discussion about it is all relative (between the skills). :rolleyes:
PM me for fitocracy invite

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
Eh. I don't look down on it. But I certainly don't look up to it.

Cooking was my first "skill" to 99... and by that I mean first non combat skill - after maxing every combat skill.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

i look down on skillcapes in general.

sw for pray, firecape for melee, ava's for range, mage arena cape for magic

spottier or ava's for skilling

there is actually no need for a skill cape unless for fancy dress parties or something

I like my untrimmed Dungeoneering cape though. There's not that many of them, and it took more time to get than a firecape does.

Yes, I do look down on untrimmed cooking/fletching capes.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users