If they were tradable...

Monky

Hello, I was thinking to myself this morning on the train thinking... What would the price of certain items be if they were allowed to be traded between players.

Now my items I had in mind were:

Clue scrolls (Easy, Medium and Hard) Elites not included due to, if this change was to ever occur, i would hope they remain untradeable (lets be fair, they would).

Charms (Blue, Crimson, Green, Gold, Obsidian, Talon Charms) Mainly because their was a discussion of this after summoning was released and im interested in what the opinions on price changes would be... In old discussion about it, Imo, the prices were very over estimated aka Crimson - 3.5k.

Im my opinion these are the prices id imagine things would be.

Clues:

Easy- 100k

Medium- 500k

Hard - 1m

Charms: Blue = 9k, Crim = 1k, Green = 800gp, Gold 450gp (ideas on the other ones?)

But please discuss

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about effigies? 4m each? :P Clues would be dumb to trade because you can only have one at a time.

I think crims would be a lot more than 1k each.

Oh..and at 9k each for blues I'd have around 24m in blues :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

In old discussion about it, Imo, the prices were very over estimated aka Crimson - 3.5k.

Lol. Barraging for crimsons cost around 4k each, or 2k each with Brobes. Hence that sort of price. Obviously far cheaper via fiends. But then factor in the time taken to gather them, rather than purely the cost in supplies.

4k each is not unreasonable at all.

And I also found your clue scroll piricings amusing. 1m for a hard? You are playing a different game my friend. 100k tops.

You can collect ~200 crims an hour so they'd be around 3.5k-5k each. Nobody uses greens/golds so they'd be a lot cheaper. Clue scrolls would be like 10k easy 50k med 100k hard. Blues would be 10k+ each, talon beast 20k+ no idea on obby/abyss.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

In old discussion about it, Imo, the prices were very over estimated aka Crimson - 3.5k.

Lol. Barraging for crimsons cost around 4k each, or 2k each with Brobes. Hence that sort of price. Obviously far cheaper via fiends. But then factor in the time taken to gather them, rather than purely the cost in supplies.

4k each is not unreasonable at all.

And I also found your clue scroll piricings amusing. 1m for a hard? You are playing a different game my friend. 100k tops.

While I don't think Hard Clue Scrolls are worth 1m, I also don't think they're worth a mere 100k. Although the likelihood of receiving rewards that are worth significant amounts of money is low, you have to remember people would be buying large quantities of Clue Scrolls which would increase their odds of receiving rare rewards over time. I'd put the price somewhere around 500k. But, at the same time, you'd assume, if Clue Scrolls were made tradeable, that Jagex would also decrease the drop rate in order to compensate for drop-hunters. There are too many "what-ifs" in order to get a truly accurate price, but I definitely think they're worth more than 100k.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

1m for a hard? You are playing a different game my friend. 100k tops.

What, when they could lead to 3rd age stuff? 1m, is a reasonable gamble on that id say. 100k is stupidly under priced for a hard.

mr%20monky.png

I think crimsons would be a lot more, maybe 3-4k and clue scrolls would be a lot less. A lot of the time I'll just drop any easy or medium clues that I get and I don't normally do the Hards either. So i'd gladly sell mine.

Also, Im just looking for pure speculation, not accuracy ranged this11. So thank you for your contribution

mr%20monky.png

1m for a hard? You are playing a different game my friend. 100k tops.

What, when they could lead to 3rd age stuff? 1m, is a reasonable gamble on that id say. 100k is stupidly under priced for a hard.

You do realise the rates of 3rd age items, yes? Youd have to have Jesus luck to make it worthwhile at 1m each...

Most people in this topic seem sensible. Hard clues are fairly common. Adding 1-2m to most slayer tasks would not happen. People would not pay that much for them.

They still alch for nothing, so there would be no cash coming in until you solve the clue.

Huh? I'd obviously trade them to others who find entertainment in doing the clues. No one ever mentioned alch values changing.

You implied it when you said there would be more gold coming into the economy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I WISH L3 clues were worth anything. I get, without exaggeration, 4-7 of them every steels task. I feel absolutely no urge to do them anymore unless there's one on the ground at the end of the task.

Gettin' technical, you can buy clues for pieces of eight at Trouble Brewing, although the purpose is defeated since PoE are nontradable as well and no one plays that minigame...

Why would effigies be 4m each?

I'm guessing because they basically make "every" skill buyable, most notably RC.

2dgucz6.png

Oh hai there similar to RSC topic.

I have no idea on what they would be, if you could buy multiple clues though I'd say anywhere from 200-600k for hards.

I reckon level 2s would actually be fairly high priced because of the fair ease and the high price of some of the rewards, which would probably change if this got updated.

Same with easy..

No idea on elite, most of the good elite stuff seems like useless junk to me, best I ever got was like 500k.. And then I found out it didn't sell for anything less than 300k.

I'd say 400k-800k .

I WISH L3 clues were worth anything. I get, without exaggeration, 4-7 of them every steels task. I feel absolutely no urge to do them anymore unless there's one on the ground at the end of the task.

Gettin' technical, you can buy clues for pieces of eight at Trouble Brewing, although the purpose is defeated since PoE are nontradable as well and no one plays that minigame...

Why would effigies be 4m each?

I'm guessing because they basically make "every" skill buyable, most notably RC.

Effigies are nice because they'll give 90k exp + the dragonkin lamp (which is + a potential 48k or so)

Assuming you have lvl 97 in all skills - each effigy would give a potential 135k exp (in a matter of mere seconds) - you're basically paying 30ish gp per exp

Plus - it would a great way to train agility, construction, farming, herblore, smithing, and rc.

TBH, the only combo that is bad is fletching/wc

Also, I was wondering - do dragonkin lamps stack in your bank?

I'm curious and I can't test it out at the moment.

capt%20kevin.png

This is not the first time this topic has been discussed and I'm sure RSC wasn't the first site to have that discussion either.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I have no idea on what they would be, if you could buy multiple clues though I'd say anywhere from 200-600k for hards.

I reckon level 2s would actually be fairly high priced because of the fair ease and the high price of some of the rewards, which would probably change if this got updated.

Same with easy..

No idea on elite, most of the good elite stuff seems like useless junk to me, best I ever got was like 500k.. And then I found out it didn't sell for anything less than 300k.

I'd say 400k-800k .

I think most of these clue scroll prices are way overpriced.

If you think about it, it takes maybe 1/2 an hour - an hour depending on your clue scroll.

There's no way I would pay 500k for a hard, spend some item only to return with crap

Not only are you losing money, you're not gaining any exp.

For the most part, TT aren't worth doing (unless you're pretty bored)

Maybe that just my poopy luck talking :(

I sure would pay for god damn charms though.

I'd flip/merchant all day til I get that pack yak!

Gotta be honest, haven't done 1-2s in literally 4 years, but I swear when you do them as a source of money, like pickpocketing hams, you get to know everythign and do easies in less than 5mins.

And yeah when I do level 3s I always mong and read an article instead of checking tip it for where im meant to go. Can take me more than an hour lool! But I reckons if you got good you could do them quick as and 300k isn't that much..

Dose anyone have a fairly good idea of drop rates for 3a?

While I don't think Hard Clue Scrolls are worth 1m, I also don't think they're worth a mere 100k. Although the likelihood of receiving rewards that are worth significant amounts of money is low, you have to remember people would be buying large quantities of Clue Scrolls which would increase their odds of receiving rare rewards over time. I'd put the price somewhere around 500k. But, at the same time, you'd assume, if Clue Scrolls were made tradeable, that Jagex would also decrease the drop rate in order to compensate for drop-hunters. There are too many "what-ifs" in order to get a truly accurate price, but I definitely think they're worth more than 100k.

What is this? Read it yourself.

Magad, this is so awful I will not even bother to explain why this is so terribad of a statement.

Clues would should be, in my opinion, ~10% cheaper than their average loot is worth.

Unfortunately, you can't even bank one. :P

Margus.png

Magad, this is so awful I will not even bother to explain why this is so terribad of a statement.

Clues would be, in my opinion, ~10-20% cheaper than their average loot is worth.

Yeah I see the problem. I meant that if people are buying large quantities of Clue Scrolls (and inherently solving more Clue Scrolls), the ability to receive more rewards will go up in the long run, which will drive up the price of the Clue Scroll. Statistics isn't my forte, sorry for the confusion.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Clues would should be, in my opinion, ~10% cheaper than their average loot is worth.

Unfortunately, you can't even bank one. :P

I think Range_this is saying that while most people on the average will get [cabbage] rewards.

However, over time - this would balance out and the average of your rewards will be closer to the average of all TT clues (of the same level of course)

I partially agree with you - but I think TT hunting is more about the doing of the treasure trial then the actual getting of it. (I can't explain it very well but imagine it as summoning, obtaining the charm would be paramount to finishing the TT clue and making the pouches would be finding the clue)

Because of this, I would imagine that the cost of the clue would be ~50% (probably lower tbh) of the average reward price (if anybody bothered to calculate that :P)

capt%20kevin.png