Tip.it Events Team Contest - WE HAVE A WINNER!

Mdeoxys

Gimme a jagex mod for an hour or so, and I'll fix the game. Well, as much as I can in an hour.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I will take him/her to the wilderness and be the first to slay a Jagex Mod ever!

And then i will grab his/her big banhammer and liveban all bots!!! Sweet revenge! <3

First_Jmod_Kill.png

Sorry, somebody beat you to the punch 9 years ago lol.

On topic I would give him/her the hour off and order him to log into real life, the poor thing.

I would have him watch me constantly idle out at the GE...maybe go pick on Cow a little bit...

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

We would go to a F2p world and we would role-play as cows. We would be "The escaped Lumbridge cows." Who after being trapped in our pin one day escaped in order to seek truth and possibly vengeance.

We would pretend to be a new random event that instead of involving just an individual it would involve a group of people.

Our Mission: Find the person(s) responsible for the death of our father and mother.

We would roam around F2p in search of the culprits, asking groups of people and NPC's if they had any leads as to who the culprit(s) involved in our parents deaths are. We have no leads of our own to start off with but we think that the person(s) involved or people who would know are located in the populated citys nearby possibly Varrock or Falador.

Our parent's murderers must be brought before our hoves of justice for their heinous deed!

sigre4.png
999r.png

I would give the mod a guided tour of Runescape to show how wonderfully their bot detection system is working. Highlights of the tour would include, but are not limited to:

*Aubury in Varrock

*Living Rock Caverns

*Sorceress' Garden

*Soul Wars

*CT Green Dragons

The Jagex Mod should come Nex with us with reasonable equipment and stats. I want to see how good J-Mods are at killing their own creation. ^_^

Sounds more like you just want more money. [/greed] :rolleyes:

I'd make him Advertise me on the front page as well as make him CW with me for 12 hours flat to rack up my games/rank and/or make him gimme the highest CW armor, since I've gotten 700+ tickets without a clan since 2005. (Surely that must be a accomplishment of some sorts with welfare gear)

LOL.

The last thing we'd do at Nex for more money is invite someone who doesn't know what he/she is doing. XD

But, if Woox16's first solo attempt vid is anything to judge by, you would have a tank that cannot die.

I would probably do ummm.....idk. Cabbage bomb frost dragons or something. And then maybe make him do the fight caves.

pere_grin.png

Oh my... I hope I'm not too late... had to deal with some studies for school.

Why would I want a couple hours with a Jagex mod? Why do I deserve it? I'm only a level 78... I have no fancy skills capes. I don't even have an active subscription to members any longer!

Well, I am requesting this opportunity because Runescape has had a massive impact on my life. I've logged a lot of time in this game - met many and developed deep, lasting friendships with a few. At one point, I even ran my own Runescape newspaper on the web. I had an entire team and everything.

What would I do? I would talk with one of the developers of this impacting game. I'd ask deep questions, seeking inspiration for my own coding studies and my own development. I'd ask to see some Jagex mod powers in action (massive chicken mob?), ask for answers to questions I've developed over the years... I'd try to tackle anything and everything I can think of - from the serious stuff to the funny stuff. And of course I wouldn't hoard this all for my benefit... I plan on documenting and sharing my entire experience with the limb of the massive part of my childhood - TIF!

Please consider me. I'd really like to take this opportunity and get to the core and just have some fun with one of the people who've made this great game. Thanks!

edit: Oh, and, for the record, I'd resubscribe if chosen. Of course. :P

tipitsig.png

The contest is now closed to entries :)

The Tip.It Events Team will need a while to sift through them and decide on a winner. The winner will then be contacted to schedule a time with the Jagex moderator.

Best of luck to everyone! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Hyt!

After much reading, discussing, beer drinking and voting we've come to a final conclusion for our Jagex mod Contest.

It was a close race between several members of our community and we're proud to tell you that OrTradeMe won the contest!

Many congratulations to you!

Here is the winning entry:

[hide]

Step 1 - Get said Mystery Mod to get up off their chair, walk over to MMG's office and kick him in the "lower body". If said Mystery Mod is MMG, he must find a way to kick himself. (Not because I don't like MMG, just to stick it to the man!)

Step 2 - Go to the ess mine on W7 and clear out every single bot

Step 3 - Have them dress in the highest costing items per slot and beg for GP. (Torva, blue phat etc)

Step 4 - Get them clothed in a newb outfit (bronze, pick skirt etc) and have them dance and profess their love for me as I (EDIT: Doubling looks too suspicious and newbs may think that because I was legit others are too which would be a bad idea) hand out GP.

Step 5 - If the J Mod restrictions allow, have them summon up 1000 cabbages and single handedly cabbage bomb the GE. If J Mods can't do that, have them help me cabbage bomb via another acc.

[/hide]

One Jagex mod will be sent your way as soon as possible! (We'll contact you about the details.)

We'd also like to thank all the other people who joined in on the contest, everyone had some great laughs!

Tip.it Events Team

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bring on the Fun. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

• 3 weeks later...

So, I had my hour with a JMod today. It was pretty short notice but it worked out alright. TIF was down so I couldn't go back to find my post about what I was going to do so I had to go by memory. Here's how it went;

• Introductions. My slave was Mod Edu, who is in Fansite Support (started a month ago).
  • We went on my daily 'bot bustin' run where I hit common bot-hives and report them all. He took down names and forwarded them to the bot-killing mods. The ones who were very obvious he took care of himself.
  • As we went on the bot hunt, I gave away 50k to any legit player we could find. Sadly, we didn't find all that many....
  • Then we headed over to the GE to cabbage bomb and other stuff. Sadly he couldn't join in the bombing so I had another player who latched on to us (very nice guy) help me.
  • I asked him to get dressed up in Torva and a partyhat but he couldn't wear Torva because it's P2P.... So he just danced in a partyhat.
  • I handed out GP to people at the GE while Edu praised me and danced.

And then my time was up. The bot busting took too long because he had to manually take down names for the CM mods to take care of so we didn't have much of a chance for shenanigans (We only made it half way through my daily route before heading over to the GE before time ran down). Overall it was a great experience and a lot of good was done (newbies praised me for the free 50k). A huge thank you goes to the Tipit Events Team, Kenshinjapan for donating the slave to this contest, and of course Mod Edu for being such a great sport.

Not a single legit player mining in the mining guild. Just look at the minimap...so many bots.

3456e3rgert.jpg

Pre-cabbage bombing

defrgdxfgdfg.jpg

rfgtdegdf.jpg

sdfgsdgsg.jpg

xfghxfgh.jpg

zsdcfgdfg.jpg