Yawning

Shiny

Do you catch yawns?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you catch yawns?

• Yes!
    • No!

It's believed that "contagious" yawning is a form of social bonding and linked to empathy (Dr Gordon Gallup, 2007). Stranglely, researchers at Kyoto University in Japan (2007) have only been able to link "contagious" yawning to humans and chimpanzees.The possibility of dogs was ruled out by canine author Turid Rugaas (2007). Dogs were found to yawn to calm down. This happens in children over the age of 4, however, a less common trait in kids with Autism. The more severe the case, the less likely they are to "catch" a yawn. This piece of research began with Clinical Psychology graduate student Molly Helt who asked her Autistic son to yawn with her while on a plane. Robert Provine (2010) a developmental neuroscientist, found between 40 and 60 percent of healthy adults yawn after seeing someone yawn, thinking about yawning and reading the word "yawn." Other current findings suggest yawning is a protective mechanism to make a group more alert or is herding behaviour.

Did I catch the yawn? No because I was already aware of the experiments.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I like to yawn-snipe people.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪