Should the Uber Cape include:

Grimy_Bunyip

191 members have voted

1. 1. Should it?

• Yes to both
    • Yes to just Champions Challenge
    • Yes to just Shattered Hearts
    • No to both

There is talk going around that mod Chris L wants to include champions challenge and shattered hearts to the uber cape.

By including champions challenge, this means defeating all the champions. Not just one for music completion.

To put things in perspective:

Shattered hearts takes, lets say very roughly, 2 hours a week, for 30 weeks. About 60 hours.

Not so bad, but mostly a problem of being a half year long endeavor.

According to champions challenge data I've looked at from the RSOF and people like Eric Hermit, the average champions scroll drop rate is approximately 1/8000, for all the monsters.

there's 13 champions scrolls to acquire in total

we're talking about kill rates ranging from 200-600 kills per hour depending on monster.

I'd personally put my estimate at around 300-350 expected hours for full champions challenge.

Which is about as much time as getting 99 agility. Twice.

There are just over 300 people with Uber stats as of right now.

Most of them probably have quest capes and full music, or could get it in a reasonable amount of time.

Much fewer of them, have full champions challenge and shattered hearts.

On the flip side, if these were added to the cape, more people would get them to compensate.

But on the day of release, I'd wager less than 30 players would be able to buy an uber cape should both the statue and champions challenge be required.

This being said, do you think shattered hearts and full champions challenge completion should be required for the uber cape.

Mod Chris L is indeed maxed.

It would be interesting to know whether or not he has completed shattered hearts or champions challenge.

As he seems to be the decision maker.

If anybody knows, that would be pretty desirable information.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just at a glance, considering the Uber cape is supposed to be the big cape that shows you've done everything, I would assume this would include everything - including Shattered Hearts and Champion's Challenge.

That being said, though, we don't want the Uber cape to be so completely out of reach for a vast majority of players, do we? Or would it instead just give us a new large goal to aim towards?

Personally, I like the idea of including the two minigames/d&ds to the Uber cape criteria. Not sure how many other people will, though. I can see a lot of complaining about it being 'out of reach' for most people, but then again, it's the Uber cape. Wouldn't really be Uber if it weren't extremely difficult to get, would it? :P

Link_Olaran.png

I guess considering they are doing al all 99's cape (I think), adding many extra requirements for the uber cape seems fair enough, 21 dungeoneering levels on their own dont really justify a new cape

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

It should include absolutely EVERYTHING. They could release another cape with only maxed total skill called "Epic Cape". However I think only the best of the best should be able to wear the Über Cape. I'd be dissapointed if it had worthless stats/effects too.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Interesting. Im not gonna be maxed for many years, and have only beaten one chapions challange... :twss: I think it should be an endgame thing, so it would be a lot more respectable.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

To be able to get the Uber cape, I want you to have officially "Beaten" the game.

Have everything unlocked, quests, skills, minigames, miniquests, songs.

Pretty much everything you can unlock in the game.

Bones to peach spell, all the new Lunar spells, EVERYTHING!

I don't think they should include luck drops to be honest. Sure, the average "rate" for those scrolls could give you an idea of how long to get it, but unlike tasks/skills/quests, it's not guaranteed. Shattered heart rocks though have a very good rate, consistently easy to collect so I don't see issue with those.

Also, the Cape should require you to continue finishing stuff. Like Krampell said, they just added the Lunar Spells, so those should be added to the requirements. When another new minigame comes out with difficult to get rewards, that should be added as well. This should not by any means be an easy to get cape. It should only be given to the best of the best.

Hell, they could even require you to be a certain rank in different Minigames.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I've put a bit of thought before clicking vote...I do think it should include both, I was debating maybe 10 champions and just completing Shattered Hearts once, but no. It's the ultimate cape, the one that says 'I have done everything in Runescape', it should be only available to those who have truly 'completed' the game.

I'm a completionist, and I hate to see that there is something that will be for the most part, completely unobtainable to me, but fair play to the people who do and can strive to gain it!

It should get both, but if it does, there's no way I'm getting it, lol.

I would say, add the Champion Challenges, but not Shattered Hearts. The Champion Challenges is a fairly rare drop though, so maybe instead of having to kill all of them, just having to kill lets say, 3-5. That would not include the leprechaun though, as that one doesn't take a drop.

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

No to both - shattered hearts takes months and the challenge scrolls can take anywhere up to 10k+ kills just for 1 scroll (and how many scrolls do you need? Exactly!). At that rate it could take at least 1 year of no lifing shattered hearts and challenge scrolls - wayyyyyy too much time in my opinion.

You can now flame me for having an opinion.

2vuhgcn.png

No to Champion's Challenge because a 1/8000 drop is just too much to be required to complete many times over. You already need at least one champion's challenge scroll to unlock all music if I recall correctly, and I think it's reasonable to require one drop.

I wouldn't be opposed to Shattered Hearts as much because luck doesn't play as big of a role there. However, it's a useless activity so I also would prefer that it not be included. The exp boosts are not worth the time to get the rocks, especially if you already have 99 in the relevant skills, and I don't think that should be rewarded.

Things like Chompy hats, cwars tickets, etc, would be better since they are skill/time based and don't offer redundant rewards. That's my main point: I think it's fine for it to require arbitrary things as long as those things are unique aspects of the game (like quests and music) and not completely exp-based D&Ds/Activities (like Shattered Hearts).

@Why another cape for only 21 dung levels: those 21 dungeoneering levels comprise more than 91.2m dungeoneering exp. That's another 300 hours or so, using very optimistic calculations and assuming you find good teams and binds right after 99 (can easily creep up into 400-500 hours depending on teams). This alone is a bigger requirement than requiring 200m in any skill and if it was 200m you would all go ballistic. 120 dungeoneering seems insignificant only because of the fairly large number of people who have gotten it already, when really it was most efficient to do 200m as soon as possible and the rate of new 200m dungeoneers is actually slowing right now. Also, the max exp rate is not achieved until level 119 dungeoneering which makes 120 significantly slower than the second half of 200m dung.

2496 Completionist

If it's truly going to be über, then yes, it should include both.

This presents a nice opportunity to address the horrendous luck-based mechanisms in both activities.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yes, I think the Uber Cape should include everything that is possible.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

You also need an Uber Cape to buy an Uber Cape. It's nice to have a "master item" in the game, so long as it isn't too gamebreaking, which I doubt a cape would be.

Should include every "big" achievement in the game. Like Finishing Chompy hats. So you should add a option to poll "Yes, to all hard tasks in the game".

I think that was already a confirmed requirement.

The Uber cape should not include Shattered Hearts and Champ Scrolls because both are luck based (Yes, Shattered Hearts is luck).

But, they should be included in another cape. Someone else mentioned the ENDGAME cape earlier in the thread. Perhaps an ultimate, i have done everything in RS except 200m all skills cape which includes SH and Champ scrolls along with Chompys and a few other difficult achievements like CW armor etc.

Mithilarcher.png

The Uber cape should not include Shattered Hearts and Champ Scrolls because both are luck based (Yes, Shattered Hearts is luck).

But, they should be included in another cape. Someone else mentioned the ENDGAME cape earlier in the thread. Perhaps an ultimate, i have done everything in RS except 200m all skills cape which includes SH and Champ scrolls along with Chompys and a few other difficult achievements like CW armor etc.

The uber cape should not include combat since it's luck based

for all you know you can just keep hitting 0s and never get any exp

i have done the shattered heart so yeah they should add it to the cape. i wont be able to buy it ever but it is something that is part of runescape. an uber cape would mean you have done it all imo

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~