Drinking/Drugs

Guest Rob

So, I met with the RD yesterday and I get to take a class called Basics, which teaches you obviously not to drink (like I need a class to tell me that). And I also get a letter sent home to my parents about it. I called my dad last night and I had no idea how he would react (since I don't think he knows I drink at college). He seemed okay with it, but I couldn't exactly tell from the tone of his voice. He said he wasn't mad, but he sounded disappointed, which is probably worse. I made sure to tell him that he shouldn't think I just party like crazy in college; heck, I did more partying last year and I managed a 3.98.

I kinda lost the urge to drink with friends now that I know the RAs in my dorm have sticks up their asses. I don't want my dad to be disappointed in me again.

Eh, I can't wait until I'm 21. :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Illegal" drugs, I can understand, but rejecting prescribed medicine ? - that's stupid. I have a friend like that, he sustains that putting any foreign chemical / material in your body is a sign of "weakness".

Prescribed medicine is often over-prescribed and has all kind of side effect.s

I'll take prescribed medicine if I actually need it. But for example, I'll practically never take Tylenol, or cough syrup, or similar over the counter ones - and if I don't need a prescription I won't take it.

I don't consider taking medication a sign of weakness - but a lot of medicine is fairly new and we don't fully understand the long-term side effects (which can sometimes be pretty bad). So if I can get by without medicine, that's what I'll do.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

to reply to the first post:

I personally don't like putting anything in my body, any drug even medicine , It just seems so unnatural and I wouldn't want something to affect me in a way I wouldn't like.

Who cares about the laws? As long as it's not hurting anyone (else), I think it should be legal.

What is your opinion on unnatural mind-altering substances such as soda or chocolate?

I personally don't like putting anything in my body, any drug even medicine , It just seems so unnatural and I wouldn't want something to affect me in a way I wouldn't like.

Who cares about the laws? As long as it's not hurting anyone (else), I think it should be legal.

What is your opinion on unnatural mind-altering substances such as soda or chocolate?

Chocolate is mind-altering? Or do you just mean caffeine?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

"Illegal" drugs, I can understand, but rejecting prescribed medicine ? - that's stupid. I have a friend like that, he sustains that putting any foreign chemical / material in your body is a sign of "weakness".

it is. some many people these days are weak. every time you get a little cold or can't sleep...here take this.

take some concrete pills

killa870yt.png

Unnatural is perhaps one of the most misused word in the English language, save irony. Many natural food substances contain some form of drug (by definition), and most of them certainly don't have damaging side effects. Besides, how is the 'naturalness' of something relevant to whether its good for you?

Rejecting medicine because it's technically classed as a 'drug' seems rather foolish, as it's purpose is rather different to drugs used for recreation. Yes, there may be side effects to certain types of medicine, but overall, they aid the healing processes and helps people stay healthy, with a greater overall positive benefit to oneself and to society.

it is. some many people these days are weak. every time you get a little cold or can't sleep...here take this.

take some concrete pills

Taking prescribed medication is a sign of weakness in the same vein that eating food is a sign of weakness. As fallible organisms put under harsh living conditions, we are inherently weak. If you ask me, our strength lies in our capability to alleviate some of our biological short-comings through our own intelligent means. Nature's cheaters.

When I take medicene, I think more along the lines of:

"God made us not able to fix this? [bleep] you God, I just did. *swallows pills*"

If anything, it's an act of human triumph over nature. :smile:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Taking prescribed medication is a sign of weakness in the same vein that eating food is a sign of weakness. As fallible organisms put under harsh living conditions, we are inherently weak. If you ask me, our strength lies in our capability to alleviate some of our biological short-comings through our own intelligent means. Nature's cheaters.

I think that our greatest strength is being able to overcome every obstacle. Drugs for illnesses is the latest in the long line of fires for coldness.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think the main point that bloodkilla and yguy (obfuscator) were referring to was the overprescription and over medication of these pharmaceuticals. (Which is true, and is only a real "practical" problem in the case of antibiotics / and multi-drug resistant bacteria.) Maybe 1% of the medicated population, abuse their intended use.

But you've painted the entirety of modern medicine with a very wide brush stroke (modern medicine which is singlehandedly responsible for you and me living 50 years longer), and simply saying :

"Prescribed medicine is often over-prescribed and has all kind of side effects." Is wrong. Blind randomised trials, longitudinal studies etc etc etc, show that practically all modern pharmaceuticals are safe. Not taking aspirin (panadol) for a headache or cough syrup for a cough is not necessarily harmful but just misinformed and ignorant.

Things like painkillers, stimulants have a high potential for abuse - no doubt, but treat the user, don't blame the drug.

Over consumption of anything is going to cause damage to you. Whether it's food, water or drugs, people can easily over consume it and cause damage to their body. That's what bloodkilla and YGuy were referring to.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Okay lets face it in my eyes so called legal drugs even over the counter drugs are more harmful than most class c class b drugs

all drugs are bad i know this but why lock someone up for 6 months in prison for holding i don't know 2 grams of coke the cost of the punishment

set on the offender by the legal body's and police is thousands and thousands of £/$'s to take the offender to court costs

between £2000-£3000 a case which is money wasted when this money should be invested it to education of drugs in

schools colleges university's and make all drugs discriminalized this will lower the temptation to start using and

give people a bigger view because they will have more of an education about substances and also save the goverments

millions if not billions in costs and even make money in taxes if they decide to make cannabis legal to sell over the counter

i mean come on its less harmful than alcohol .

thats all i have to say

You should try punctuation out, it's pretty cool.

You should try contributing to the discussion, its pretty cool.

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

You should try punctuation out, it's pretty cool.

You should try contributing to the discussion, its pretty cool.

I think punctuation is better.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Personally, I believe drinking is something to be practiced in moderation and drugs can only be used under very specific circumstances.

A lot of people my age (high school senior) drink in my town, but I don't participate. I've had alcohol before and partied, but not in my town. I think it's perfectly fine for college students to drink, but in high school if you're in a small town it's just not a good idea. So many kids have been caught by their parents throwing parties and it never ends well.

As for drugs, I've only smoked pot but I'd be open to try more if I was under the right circumstances. Pot isn't so bad, but if you're taking something hardcore you gotta be with close friends or older siblings. Plus, you need to be with someone who's done the drugs before. And someone you trust has to have bought them.

Hi! My name is John and I like meeting new people!

As for drugs, I've only smoked pot but I'd be open to try more if I was under the right circumstances. Pot isn't so bad, but if you're taking something hardcore you gotta be with close friends or older siblings. Plus, you need to be with someone who's done the drugs before. And someone you trust has to have bought them.

That's not really necessary unless you're using psychedelics. Although you should never do something before reading up on it on the interwebs and asking people about their experiences.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.