Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

my predictions of the future of RuneScape

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

mackenzie14
[ Display Name History ]

mackenzie14

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 188 posts
Posted Image

//2014 - RuneScape comes to mobile
I think this may come in 2012 already.
581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]
233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]
822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]
576th to Fishing 99 [September 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]
83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]
23885th to Smithing 99 [September 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Gravy
[ Display Name History ]

Gravy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gravy
  • RSN2:Exorain
been saving this up for a while but

umad.

Follow me on Twitter!
FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.
Posted Image

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
bots are almost virtually undetectable now.

also, we are all going to die in 2012, didn't you hear?

Gandalf14141
[ Display Name History ]

Gandalf14141

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Gandalf14141
  • RSN2:Eragon14141

bots are almost virtually undetectable now.

also, we are all going to die in 2012, didn't you hear?

Oh em gee, no wais!

And I believe that the whole bot issue will be happening here within the next few years, not in 2030.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.

Signature

grammar2gr8dx.png

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,299 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
You guys have a good point. I think a more accurate description would be, "bots are now virtually indistinguishable from human players."
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

krimi
[ Display Name History ]

krimi

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RSN:der krimi
We become the bots.

curtis95112
[ Display Name History ]

curtis95112

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts

We become the bots.

We have met the enemy, and he is us.
Castle of Zoltar

cya_tremend
[ Display Name History ]

cya_tremend

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • RSN:Genkai
  • RSN2:BSAA
  • Clan:OTG

You missed that world is going to end in 2012.

If you really believe that your an idiot.

Japan

That is all.
Posted Image
Posted Image

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
RS port is highly unlikely - how would you play RS with a controller? It's a mouse-based game, not a menu-based game.

One of your predictions is already true - bots today are mostly indistinguishable from real humans. Not to mention the free bots/auto clickers, the premium bots actually hack the game client at a pretty high level - hence why things like dung bots have became possible. Most randoms are solved by bots this way because they don't need to rely on the pixels at all. Auto talkers and just people who sit by the screeen while they bot have also made talking even a bad indicator of a "real" player. These days nothing short of constant CAPTCHAS and/or a seperate anti-botting client will detect bots 100%.

That being said, I'll make my DOOM~~ prediction one more time. RS isn't gonna survive to 2030 - definitely not in its current state.
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,299 posts
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
At a quick glance, humans and bots do seem indistinguishable.

Iin the strictest sense, however, that is pretty far from the truth. The fundamentals difference between humans and computers is that the latter lacks human traits, most notably emotion, reasoning and creativity.

For instance, if I were to have a conversation with another mature player, we could talk about subjects like philosophy and relationship advice. Current bots cannot do that.

Or, here's a more practical example: suppose a new mini-game is released tomorrow. Any human player who reads the instructions a few times would know how to play it. However, even an advanced bot would not be able to "learn" the mini-game on its own; the bot's author has to update its code first.

Just my two cents.
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts

You're assuming RuneScape will live until 2030, I would think it dies sooner. xD

Seriously though, I doubt RuneScape will be moving to a consol or phone, ever.

Runescape holds a huuuge chunk of the MMORPG industry (which is currently one of the biggest branches of video games
ever) so taken the fact that Jagex is constantly milking RS to make money, it's no surprise if Runescape DID exist
in 20-30 years later. We've gotten all the way from DeviousMUD to hosting RL events. Seriously. Just think of what else Runescape
can come to.

Jaffy1
[ Display Name History ]

Jaffy1

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 3,556 posts
  • RSN:Ms Julie

Runescape holds a huuuge chunk of the MMORPG industry (which is currently one of the biggest branches of video games
ever) so taken the fact that Jagex is constantly milking RS to make money, it's no surprise if Runescape DID exist
in 20-30 years later. We've gotten all the way from DeviousMUD to hosting RL events. Seriously. Just think of what else Runescape
can come to.

Erm I think you're mistaking RuneScape for World of Warcraft. xD
RuneScape may be the number two, but last time I checked this meant having less than 10% of the market share.

Still, I believe Jagex has every intention of keeping RuneScape a java based game, which (from my understanding) makes it hard to keep up with advances and to adapt it so that it's suitable for phones.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image Tip.It Website Crew Leader
Quotes

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
I can play runescape on my itouch.

Vandite
[ Display Name History ]

Vandite

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • RSN:Vandite
It could be possible that RuneScape would evolve to the point where it would be downloadable and not reach its full potential in the browsers, and to be honest, that would be quite nice to see, although I'm afraid the entire "mobility" and "simplicity" of the matter would make some of the user-base row away, unless technology were to be on Jagex's side at that point.

Jagex is one of the most innovative people in the Games Industry, to be honest, so I expect plenty from them.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."
Posted Image

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • RSN:Dyze

Jagex is one of the most innovative people in the Games Industry, to be honest, so I expect plenty from them.

^ This.

Those predictions are pretty good, but I'm sure we will see a MUCH different future for RS.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U
I see RuneScape maybe having 1-2 (2 at the very most) "good" years left in it, after that, who knows.

This is coming from a player that once loved playing RuneScape (Classic) and then finally getting into RS2 and where I'm at now is simply; I don't feel any "urge" or anything to even log-on, generally the people I met through RS have my phone number or Facebook etc so there's no real need to play.

I guess the bottom line is you set your goals no matter what they are (mine being the first pure to max out) when you reach them you feel like there's not much point playing any more, with all the new additions to the game... you could easily make new goals but it's more too "easy" now to reach goals.

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

Posted Image

//2014 - RuneScape comes to mobile
I think this may come in 2012 already.

RS won't ever come to mobile devices, clan-chat system will though however.
The only thing you may see RS playable on is such apparatus like iPads and such, essentially hand-held computers.

PS. He sort of looks like Simon Cowell lol.

jamesgoh
[ Display Name History ]

jamesgoh

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • RSN:Meepok
games are played using our sub consciousness when we sleep
Posted Image

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
TBH Unless you're really sure on it/have seen it noted I don't think Jagex will make an American HQ.

It'd just be too confusing and difficult. They're an English born, English based company with multicultural links yes. The first place they'd probably add a HQ is into Europe somewhere.

But then again think about it, if they created an American HQ there'd be 2 bases to try and negotiate through. You wouldn't be able to have the kind of update schedule we have now. And if you're thinking "Well they could keep the updaters in the UK and the customer service people in the US" then you sir are a fool. Jagex runs 24/7 with Mod's there all the time to assess complaints and the like no matter where from.

I just honestly don't believe that just because the American base is largest that Jagex would put a HQ out there to deal with it specifically... It'd have been like if the Royal Wedding that happened yesterday was broadcast at 1PM here so the Americans could watch it live from 8AM.

Just makes no sense to me...

Personally I think they'll stay English for a long time...

And I really really really really really really really *can't stress this enough* REALLY don't think Jagex will go public...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

cruseder4
[ Display Name History ]

cruseder4

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 86 posts
How about Jagex having better technology aswell in 2030. Maybe Jagex can now legally see your runescape screen due to some new law changes and has made a program that does that pretty efficiently.

Also I don`t think the game will die soon, even if the new generation comes. Let`s say at the time the new generation start playing, 10% of the old generation are still playing aswell, most of the parents that did quit playing Runescape have given their account to their kids so the account keeps going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users