Jagex - Bot Busting

Bows

im a recently retired pmod i was muted for trying to police the coppercab cc i uttered the word ginger .

jagex rewrote the rules due to my appeal......time to end my pmod role knowing what was to come.

the freetrade wildy update.

jagex needed a new player base since word of mouth intros to the game dryed up .would you recomend the current crap content we get ??. so to get this new player base (by player base i mean paying mebers)they decided to match there greed with yours they allowed you to vote wildy back with promises of a super duper bot detectin system.yet hold events by 1 jmod to ban bots (approx 107 banned per hour).proveing without doubt that the marvalous bot detect system is no better than a jmods personal touch.

rember you voted rwt back they dun the pontius pilot act and washed their hands you are all to blame not them

ok so 107 bots banned but they have a option to buy back their acounts meaning that the event was eyecandy for the gullable and a cash making event for jagex.

untill jagex issue zero tolarance rules.your wasteing your time at these brown noseing events.

theres 30 bots on every free world in stronghold securty soon they will be members.

jagex cant /wont cope with the numbers of reports per day if 1 report needs 30 mins to process a jmod can do 16 in a 8 hour perioud the sheer volume off reports suggusts the system cant cope ....

so crack on waste your time reporting .

if jagex would support me id still support them as a pmod untill then no

burrrppp

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Jagex keep banning em I hope everyone learns that Jagex is finally cracking down and that you shouldn't bot anymore!

I post 50+ bots a day on the hlf suspect bots thread I don't play RuneScape anymore but I hop around a popular bot area and collect names and take orders (only takes me like 20 mins usually so don't call me no lifer plz)

All of you must join in the battle to stop these cretins and report all bots you see

372nd to max total level

Good job Jagex keep banning em I hope everyone learns that Jagex is finally cracking down and that you shouldn't bot anymore!

I post 50+ bots a day on the hlf suspect bots thread I don't play RuneScape anymore but I hop around a popular bot area and collect names and take orders (only takes me like 20 mins usually so don't call me no lifer plz)

All of you must join in the battle to stop these cretins and report all bots you see

Please tell me you aren't serious... Jagex doesn't give a damn about botting.

@ the more recent discussion:

You can't know for sure if the pmod reported the bot or not. Regardless, it wouldn't make a difference because, as Das pointed out, the pmod system sucks. The only semi-useful tool they have is muting, which doesn't even do much in terms of combating rule-breakers.

Even if they reported the bot, it most likely wouldn't change anything at all.

Also, different pmods do different things. You can't expect all of them to have the same tendencies or consistencies.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Perhaps we should organize an interview session with players and player mods who have issues how report works so that they know not all the Pmods are alike, or maybe Jagex can host such a session, or at least post on the RSOF forum to clarify what a PMmod can do and what they can CHOOSE to do.

Granted, they have power which Jagex bestow them which is, well, mute (a temp one too).....why isn't anyone checking the knowledge base to see what power PMod has?

You can't exactly ask a Pmod to ban a botter, and expect a flash of lighting strike on thy abomination and then its banned forever. I was mining in resource dungeon, spot a bot going all over the ores, I report the darn thing, 1 week past, nothing happened to the bot, its name still on the highscore.....so either Jagex has issue dealing with all the sheer amount of report just on bots, or they simply hasn't done anything, or maybe the player is legit.

If I report all the bot I see, then I won't be able to do anything at all. Say I walk from Fally bank to Easter Event portal, i would at least see 30plus on the way there, cutting yews and willows like mad. Or if I want to train my fishing at Karajama spot, I would probably see another 30 plus.......thats endless reporting for me. well there goes my lvl 99 skill. I will make occasional report here and there, but only if I am at that spot, training a skill which requires me to be there. I won't go all over RS to hunt for them. I even seen those broken bot that just walking from Edge bank toward the yew trees and walk back again for at least 10 minutes, I report it, and hopefully something is done to it.

I can safely tell you, a report will take a while, maybe long time, the best thing you can do is REPORT IT YOURSELF. IF a player mod isn't doing anything about a bot, you can give them a reminder (or at least ask them if they reported that bot yet) that there is a one that need reporting, and if they don't want to do it, its their choice, they DON"T have to do it. Remember, the ratio of bot to Pmod is like well, ALOT. So its' a losing war if only Pmods are doing it, but if all the players report those bot, I am sure bots population will be reduced a lot more.

At the end of the day, unless someone boycott Jagex, like all the F2p and P2p suddenly suspend their play and state they wont play unless bot problem is solved, I really doubt Jagex will do anything drastic to it (in fact, they did, by taking wildy and free trade away).

Back to the ORIGINAL topic, at least those Bot Busting event are doing something to the bot population, it might not be much, but its still something. In the end, its still down to the majority of RS players, its their greed to want to buy Gps that supply a reason for RWT, its within their power to report (and last time I check, every one has a report tab), to report any rule breakers (not just bot).

a happy Runescaper

checking the knowledge base

lol

I can safely tell you, a report will take a while, maybe long time, the best thing you can do is REPORT IT YOURSELF. IF a player mod isn't doing anything about a bot, you can give them a reminder (or at least ask them if they reported that bot yet) that there is a one that need reporting, and if they don't want to do it, its their choice, they DON"T have to do it. Remember, the ratio of bot to Pmod is like well, ALOT. So its' a losing war if only Pmods are doing it, but if all the players report those bot, I am sure bots population will be reduced a lot more.

It's already a losing war. Even if people report the bots, nothing will happen.

[hide]

[/hide]

I'd like to think that Jagex is going to ban all bots in one fell swoop. The pattern has to be more than obvious - some accounts are logged in for extensive periods of time, EXCEPT after an update. Coincidence? I think not.

If Jagex uses this data on 10 updates - accounts that were logged in IMMEDIATELY BEFORE an update, but NOT IMMEDIATELY AFTER, say 8 or 9 times, it is safe to conclude that the account is a bot and therefore deserves a ban (or much greater scrutiny).

Hell, even introduce a new random event, and have every account under scrutiny be forced to do it 30 minutes after logging in. Make it extremely easy, like "click on the yellow rectangle". Bots won't know how to deal, humans will. Have the event timeout after 5 minutes, and let the bots resume. The owners won't be suspicious, until they're banned a week later. The code doesn't take rocket science, and you'll significantly reduce the bot population in one week.

If jagex does this enough, people will realize it isn't worth the risk. Right now, people have decided its worth the risk.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

checking the knowledge base

lol

It's already a losing war. Even if people report the bots, nothing will happen.

Sorry for any grammatical errors, it was pretty late, and I just wanted to finish the post and head to bed (then again, I never really bother with grammar when I type anyways). But honestly, that's what the knowledge base section is for, and most players don't even use it, instead of believing rumors or some made up wild nonsense.

I know from the start that its a losing war, the statement is simply saying that you should at least try to make some difference, much less than giving an impression that we should just give up and concede to the bots. Many people in the RS community would like to see them go, and at least it will give some satisfaction to extreme wings (people who absolutely hate bot and blame Jagex and Pmods for not doing anything at all)

I do hope Jagex is working on something big that put a dent on bot population, at least it will boost some confidence in players that its worthwhile to report bots and still believe in Jagex ability to make the change.

a happy Runescaper

Grammatical errors? I usually don't point those out and I didn't here either.

I was laughing because you said knowledge base, which is unreliable.

[hide]

[/hide]

Grammatical errors? I usually don't point those out and I didn't here either.

I was laughing because you said knowledge base, which is unreliable.

It was pretty useful for me when I start the game (though I like Tip It's interface and and vast amount of information a lot better, since it was intuitive and easy to use). I pretty much use RSOF and RS knowledge base before I start trust other fan site for information. It wasn't until I found out Tip has skill calculator and quest information, and Tip it Times, then I start to use Tip more frequently.

a happy Runescaper

lol, I went on to check if they had banned any bots in the past few days and I was surprised to see that they took down their numbers :o

This was their response:

"We actually ban hundreds of thousands of accounts every year and we felt that it would be misleading to display a significantly smaller number by only publishing the number of names collected during these in-game bot busting sessions. "

Hundreds of thousands of accounts :/

capt%20kevin.png

lol, I went on to check if they had banned any bots in the past few days and I was surprised to see that they took down their numbers :o

This was their response:

"We actually ban hundreds of thousands of accounts every year and we felt that it would be misleading to display a significantly smaller number by only publishing the number of names collected during these in-game bot busting sessions. "

Hundreds of thousands of accounts :/

I'd believe that, the poorly scripted f2p accounts

What?

m_theory11.png

War on bots? Right, that's why they're adding capes that require ridiculous amounts of grinding right in the middle of a serious bot invasion.

RS has to keep updating the game.

I feel that for lower leveled people - they have TONS of alternatives to train (for most skills).

It's not like they can just investigate the bots and not do anything in the mean time :/

capt%20kevin.png

War on bots? Right, that's why they're adding capes that require ridiculous amounts of grinding right in the middle of a serious bot invasion.

RS has to keep updating the game.

I feel that for lower leveled people - they have TONS of alternatives to train (for most skills).

It's not like they can just investigate the bots and not do anything in the mean time :/

There's tons of ways to update the game without encouraging botting. These cape updates not only encourage botting, but they're also of the most extreme kind.

signaturemw.png