What if Jagex made RS like this ?

Hajutze

I like rs how it is, if i wanted a mmo like that i would play one of the many others. I like rs because i can instantly load it from just about any computer anywhere and it's not going to bog everything down.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I like rs how it is, if i wanted a mmo like that i would play one of the many others. I like rs because i can instantly load it from just about any computer anywhere and it's not going to bog everything down.

... well ... there is no way a game wont start on ANYTHING with 500 MHz CPU and 128 MB RAM requirements ...

I live in a [bleep]ing 3rd world country and I haven't seen a PC with less than 2 GHz and 1 GB RAM ...

RS barely runs on my laptop :P

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Do not want.

As many have stated, if you're playing RuneScape for the graphics you're doing it wrong.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

• 3 months later...

I don't like the look of it, I remember watching that trailer last year and didn't think much of it at all. I playing the LOTR Closed BETA, the graphics were far superior to that of RuneScape but required so much more to run... I like RuneScape how it is. The only thing I'd like to see improved upon are the graphics when it comes to Magic spells... Giving them entire new animations would simply make the game look better... If you watch that ad, you can see most of the things done are related to using a spell, of some form, which gives for the enhanced graphics...Drawing you into the game, and thinking it's all that.

RuneScape could do that, surely, but things like animations need to be focused on with spells and the likes.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Although I do not play RS for its graphical content (otherwise I wouldnt still be a member after 7 years), I wouldnt mind a visual upgrade such as those seen in the video.

They are working on it apparently, especially considering the August BTS.

On the other hand though, its really not Jagex's fault since the only policy they stick to lately is that they use Java to program the game.

wessan.png

Jagex would lose all their customers, most likely, because it wouldn't run smoothly.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Rs will never be that way. Id rather it stay this way so i can (hopefully) play on PSP Vita under my covers :thumbup:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Lesser graphics has an entire feeling in its own regards. I like Runescape as it is, just like I wouldn't appreciate if N64 games (which, in my opinion, are great) were remade in 3D.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Lesser graphics has an entire feeling in its own regards. I like Runescape as it is, just like I wouldn't appreciate if N64 games (which, in my opinion, are great) were remade in 3D.

Indeed. Part of what makes RS, well, RS, is the fact that it doesn't look like every other fantasy MMO out there. It's got its own signature style.

It's so easy to look at another game and compare them.

Personally, I like the way I can play RS without using a large amount of memory requirements considering I'm involved in the clanning part of things. Imagine the tremendous lag that would happen if there was 100 people vs 100 people in a fight (plus an AC unit with a few randomers/looters).

j0xPu5R.png