April 11th, 2011

Ren

Ok, the title is a bit excessive in description to the matter at hand, but nonetheless, RuneScape is currently more close to death than ever before! :o!

Friend's server is down, clan chat is down partially, the Grand Exchange is down, accounts logged in while RuneScape is continually crashing are stuck in-game. (I have 3 so far stuck >.<)

For one log-in, I got the message that "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.", so maybe they're pro-active right this second, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Feel free to start rumors of Grand Exchange items being eaten, rollbacks, servers possibly being hacked, who spilled the coffee, or what you've gone through so far!

553VriC.png?1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was gremlins.

gremlin.jpg

Quite a big crash this is.. I hope they get their servers back up and running soon and that noone will be "accidentally banned and/or rolled back".

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Actually everything is down, aside from the front page..

Loading the news doesn't work, log in server is down.. Loading the forums etc etc..

Only the front page seems to work atm

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'd like to think the same, Toad. But that would only be if they had actually given us some kind of warning...Rather than knocking everything off, literally.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Since I saw no newspost, I assumed there would be no update today. But maybe they're trying to update some of the backend systems, and broke them. An update of the type they're doing, with core ramifications to all player accounts, could certainly have effects major enough to knock out the login systems, etc.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Unexpected problems DID occur.

If they did that on purpose they'd at least give us an ingame warning + forum topic an hour before.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Seems more as a ddos/attack to me:

after various attempts the GE-database DID load (though very slowly)..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'd like to think the same, Toad. But that would only be if they had actually given us some kind of warning...Rather than knocking everything off, literally.

Yeah there's no warnings which is the problem :blink: it's just the timing of it all really :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Since I saw no newspost, I assumed there would be no update today. But maybe they're trying to update some of the backend systems, and broke them. An update of the type they're doing, with core ramifications to all player accounts, could certainly have effects major enough to knock out the login systems, etc.

Yes, something like this is likely to have had happened, otherwise they would have at least posted an update message on the front page. I really hope they fix it soon.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Seems more as a ddos/attack to me:

after various attempts the GE-database DID load (though very slowly)..

A DDoS attack on the RuneScape servers themselves would require a ridiculous amount of resources, no-one could have done this, really. This is simply an error on their side, and not the work of some 13 y/o skiddie.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well at least i'm not alone, I crashed with a memory error, rebooted and couldn't login, thought my computer messed up somewhere.

Nothing works atm for me except the front page.

Upon the first login I got the "You're still logged in" message,

now I get No reply from the login server or our systems are currently unavailable

go go runescape fail go!