How many current subscribers are there in RS? Post your estimates.

niperwiper

Considering as how I see around 150-250k playing daily (2 today), and taking maybe half of those as P2P. I would estimate around 500-700K paying accounts, since obviously not everyone is logged on at the same time. But I'm pulling that number well out of my ass. What all do you think it is?

As a brief aside, assuming a rate of $5.50 USD per mo. with new subscription rates and old, 600k paying accounts would bring in $3.3m a month, $39.6m per year. Shiny, huh? :rolleyes:

I'll feel a bit silly if they've posted a look at their actual subscriber count, but I can't remember ever seeing it. So go ahead and rape my numbers for me. Thanks!

rawr.png

Truthscape Lover

I'd venture to say that at least 3/4 of the current players online are subscribers. F2P isn't bad, but it's not P2P. Once you're a member it's hard to not be one, especially at the cheap cost.

I'd venture to say that at least 3/4 of the current players online are subscribers. F2P isn't bad, but it's not P2P. Once you're a member it's hard to not be one, especially at the cheap cost.

you know there are only 3k players online at this time?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Considering they had 8.5 million in 2009 I read somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if that number has gone up or at least hovered around there (Don't know if the article I read was credible though).

But my guess would be more like a few million.

8.5million active players.

Only thing I heard about subscribers is Jagex claiming they had a million a while back. My guess is they have 800k-1.4m subscribers

Ah that's what it was. Thanks.

Big_Stingman.png

you know there are only 3k players online at this time?

I'm speaking in a general sense. Meaning that on any given day, there are roughly 150-250k players online. I'm basing it off of those numbers. You knew what I meant anyway.

it is when there making money off a game thats down for 5hours and were still paying for those 5hours., i have been p2p since around 2002-2003 lol, imagine how much i'v spent.. :)

And considering how much time the servers have been up since 2002-2003, I'd say you have had plenty of time to play on RuneScape. I mean, this is the first time that the servers have been down for so long in what, a year? 5 hours is a few cents...Get over it.

Big_Stingman.png

They said 1m a long time ago, but then they banned a lot of bots which dropped subs a bit...

Then there was the free trade and pvp updates which dropped subs again...

But then I'm sure they were going back up steadily, and another boost when they brought trade/wilderness back.

Probably a bit over 1m now.

H2G2 much?

Anyway, let's say 1/3 of them are members of which 1/3 are botting. 2/3 of them are f2p of which 2/3 of them are botting. Of the rest, half of them are AFK and have yet to logout, some have been DC and can't log back in, others are reading other windows and cruising Tip, and the rest are in Daemonheim. I'd say at any given time the amount of people playing regular Runescape would be... 42... D'oh!

Considering they had 8.5 million in 2009 I read somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if that number has gone up or at least hovered around there (Don't know if the article I read was credible though).

But my guess would be more like a few million.

8.5million active players.

Only thing I heard about subscribers is Jagex claiming they had a million a while back. My guess is they have 800k-1.4m subscribers

yes I remember that. May 2007.

its been 4 years (nearly to the month :blink: ), so who knows.

my bet is 1m - 2m.

that number will probably rise. not because of humans but because of RWT.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

There are definitely over 2 million subscribers, as certain member skills in the hiscores have passed the 2m mark.

My guess is about 2.5m-3m.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There are definitely over 2 million subscribers, as certain member skills in the hiscores have passed the 2m mark.

My guess is about 2.5m-3m.

Yes, but considering all of the people who were members and now are not (quit, back to F2P) I would say that estimate is too high.

They said ~1M in the 'golden age' which I'll assume was 06/07. At that time they were making 27M pounds per year from members. From 08/09 they made over 36M pounds from members. From that and from what I've seen in terms of online numbers, I'll esimate 1.2M current members.

As I saw a graph like a year ago about the membership-income of jagex per year, which was at 35million pounds back then, my estimate is that there are 35million pounds : 12 (months) : 4.5 (my estimate of what they would get per month/per player) ~= 800k.

As that graph was before free trade + dungeoneering my estimate is that there are currently about 1million p2p/month

-------------------Proud Pure F2P-------------------

dangerkiddo.png