12-Apr-2011- Clan Camp, Support and Web Pages

DarkDude

No, of course, I understand. I'm not saying it's major but it just seems... strange. I mean, RS is a game so focused around the acquisition of skillcapes it seems weird for the game's developers to release something that looks indistinguishable to the uneducated eye.

Of course, most clan members are regular players so wouldn't have this problem.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note: Off Topic -1.5

Isn't it interesting to note that, despite this release being issued some 5 hours ago, we're merely on page 3 of discussion of this issue AND there's only 44 people reviewing this thread.

Meanwhile, yesterday, when Runescape went scuppers -- the comments poured forth on this thread and there were over 230 people viewing it at any one time.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

No, of course, I understand. I'm not saying it's major but it just seems... strange. I mean, RS is a game so focused around the acquisition of skillcapes it seems weird for the game's developers to release something that looks indistinguishable to the uneducated eye.

Of course, most clan members are regular players so wouldn't have this problem.

Well, many of people have groaned about that selfsame thing. Maybe that's their way of removing the deadlocked focus of the 99 cape in lieu of the greater achievement capes yet to come? Or to return the drive back in enjoyment of the skill itself and not simply the cape? I'm not certain. It could be a myriad of things, least of which the icons are just cool and reusable, proven to work on cape items already, and a safe choice.

hzvjpwS.gif

Isn't it interesting to note that, despite this release being issued some 5 hours ago, we're merely on page 3 of discussion of this issue AND there's only 44 people reviewing this thread.

Meanwhile, yesterday, when Runescape went scuppers -- the comments poured forth on this thread and there were over 230 people viewing it at any one time.

That's because people actually cared about that yesterday. This is crap. Pointless waste of resources for how much it'll be used.

That's because people actually cared about that yesterday. This is crap. Pointless waste of resources for how much it'll be used.

And so why the hell does Jagex keep creating stuff for PKers/Clans? :thumbdown:

td2sig.jpg

Well - it's all about the "community" dontcha know ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

I noticed that too. This thread is surprisingly empty for the biggest update of the month. To be fair, everyone was on tip.it yesterday because they got kicked out of the game, but that still doesn't explain where everyone's disappeared to this time.

Seriously, guys, where are you?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I noticed that too. This thread is surprisingly empty for the biggest update of the month. To be fair, everyone was on tip.it yesterday because they got kicked out of the game, but that still doesn't explain where everyone's disappeared to this time.

Are you serious? Clan updates don't affect everyone, but a game crash does.

What's wrong with content that focuses on a select group of interests? Wow, don't be so selfish

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well -- if you followed all the HYPE -- this is supposedly the (second?) biggest update of the YEAR (behind the return of the Wildy + FT) ...

Still - there doesn't seem to be much excitement over this one. :unsure:

Curious ...

nyuseg.png

Well - it's all about the "community" dontcha know ... :unsure:

The reason there was so much focus on TIF yesterday were because the game was down for the better part of a day and everyone was interested because this mysterious update affected their gameplay at that moment...

Not all updates are for everyone. These are decent updates and were long overdue. If you're not in a clan, or never have been in a proper one, you can't imagine the lack of support they've given us over the years.

hzvjpwS.gif

Lol? Go to some of the clan camps... Wow...

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

They're south of Falador screwing around for 20 minutes then going back to whatever they were doing before it came out.

And clans are going to be the death of this game.

Personally, I'd love to call this update an abortion, but that doesn't really fit. It's more like... stillborn.

Yeh I was a bit miffed earlier at lack of comments. I like reading the update thread usually more than the updates themselves. Especially ones that dont effect me particually as its meant for others. Yet no one is really talking about it lol.

The whole discussion about making them look like skillcapes I wouldnt known as im stuck on ape atoll thieving atm. Interesting lol.

obviouslyempty.png

obviously empty

this update was useful. i don't see how anyone who doesn't monster hunt, skill, dungeoneer, or pvp with a group of people wouldn't think so.

sigcopyaf.png

I don't think any update is going to generate as much discussion as making the game inaccessible for a lengthy period of time.

Main reason that people are on a thread a lot when the game is down is because the game is down so they can't be in the game so they look for discussion about the game going down, if they can be in game, many have things they'd rather do, like playing the game.

Fair enough if you don't like the update, but less people discussing it than the game being inaccessible is not proof of it being a bad or good update.

(Though if anything the updates which generates the most forum discussions are the controversial ones.)

Anyway, what is up with the way they're displaying names in the Friend chat? I used to be able to see both the names and the worlds that people were in, it looks quite rubbish now. Or am I the only one?

Oh yeah, you can drag the dividing line back and forth, and there's a sweet spot to be found where you can get rid of the '...'s. It's a bit weird. I've tried not to think about it too hard, because I don't think a certain developer did.

I wonder when they're going to update the rest of the trees? One thing that people haven't really talked about are the graphics of the Clan Camp. I think they're nice.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Well, what should they be focusing those resources on then? I mean, give me specifics. What kind of updates would enhance RuneScape in your opinion, if not support for the clan community?

1) Number one would be quests. Some people might not like them, but they are overwhelmingly popular.

2) Skill rebalancing. Not saying which ones, but it could be done across the board.

3) F2p content. While I don't think F2P deserves a lot of content, I think it needs something new to bring in different players.

4) Mechanics. Let's be honest, RS uses the same mechanics for just about everything. Whether it be degrading or only the best stuff being monster drops.

5) Finding a way to take some of the grind out of current content as well as new content. Livid Farm is an example of backlash against grinding.

And while not a number, I think one of the biggest is the fact that they need to streamline and rework a lot of their code. So much of it is contradictory of so much else because of the way the game was built from the ground-up. So many little updates that have giant ripples to content that has nothing to do with it. Their code needs a serious overhaul.

Ok apparently you have no idea what jagex does

sigcopyaf.png