Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

12-Apr-2011- Clan Camp, Support and Web Pages

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

Why oh why couldn't they have at least put something on the cape to distinguish it more from skill capes?

Because what we have is perfectly sufficient. Skill capes are longer, have the tassels at the front and the shoulder pads. You really can't confuse them. Go find something worthwhile to complain about.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Opeth
[ Display Name History ]

Opeth

[bleep] knows

• Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Opeth

Why oh why couldn't they have at least put something on the cape to distinguish it more from skill capes?

Because what we have is perfectly sufficient. Skill capes are longer, have the tassels at the front and the shoulder pads. You really can't confuse them. Go find something worthwhile to complain about.

I've already had people confuse my mock Agility cape for the real thing, quite a few in fact.

Posted Image

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Trollgazer

I've already had people confuse my mock Agility cape for the real thing, quite a few in fact.

Shocker, a vast majority of the general RS population are easily duped.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Having not played in three months I logged in today to see the new capes and easily mistook them for skillcapes. Something about 'forcing your opinion on the group'.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
Posted Image I thought it was really obvious how different they looked. I can't believe this is a problem for some people.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
Can you make yourself a clan cape without recruiting 5 players or? I'd love to experiment but don't want to leave the current clan I'm in at the same time.
Posted Image

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond

Posted Image I thought it was really obvious how different they looked. I can't believe this is a problem for some people.

Totally agree.

2 symbols.
Different sizes.

oh and the fact everyone knows what a [bleep]ing skill cape looks like...

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
The people who are screwing around with the clan capes and making them look like skill capes are just riding out the hype. It's like the chat filter when it first came out, every juvenile came out of the woodwork just to say the f-word a few times and see it on screen. These too will die down as more clans get a chance to get their capes up and running.

A good small step in the right direction so far. I hope they finish up the backend updates soon so everything works properly

hzvjpwS.gif

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts

]oh and the fact everyone knows what a [bleep]ing skill cape looks like...

If you're blessed with a continuity of RS knowledge, yes, but I haven't played for three months and I'm not really in a position to relearn all the news because I'm already trying to catch up on years of missed information in Pokemon (which is a surprising lot).

TBH when I first saw the capes, it was a cape with a magic hat and a death rune. I intuitively thought during the three months I'd been away they'd replaced the trimmed skillcapes with capes that showed two icons instead. I at least expected Jagex to have the common sense not to put skill icons on the clan capes anyway.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

]oh and the fact everyone knows what a [bleep]ing skill cape looks like...

If you're blessed with a continuity of RS knowledge, yes, but I haven't played for three months and I'm not really in a position to relearn all the news because I'm already trying to catch up on years of missed information in Pokemon (which is a surprising lot).

TBH when I first saw the capes, it was a cape with a magic hat and a death rune. I thought during the three months I'd been away they'd replaced the trimmed skillcapes with capes that showed two icons instead. I at least expected Jagex to have the common sense not to put skill icons on the clan capes anyway.

Not to be rude but you're acting as if the differences are so overwhelming that it will take you more than an hour's worth of gameplay time to realize the difference. Yes, it's a startling change for one who has been away for a period of time. Can it harm you though? I can't imagine a single way that a newbie or someone returning from hiatus could be harmed by such an update. So what do you have to worry over? It doesn't affect your gameplay whatsoever and you'll naturally pick up the change as you get back into the game.

Overall, it's a very minor issue that has a very short lifespan where it's apparent to someone like yourself. (ie someone returning from hiatus)

hzvjpwS.gif

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
The new hiscores layout is really bad. I liked how the old list could be viewed without scrolling. It was compact and worked great. I don't see the need to change it, not everything needs to look "streamlined".

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
No, of course, I understand. I'm not saying it's major but it just seems... strange. I mean, RS is a game so focused around the acquisition of skillcapes it seems weird for the game's developers to release something that looks indistinguishable to the uneducated eye.

Of course, most clan members are regular players so wouldn't have this problem.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte
On a side note: Off Topic -1.5

Isn't it interesting to note that, despite this release being issued some 5 hours ago, we're merely on page 3 of discussion of this issue AND there's only 44 people reviewing this thread.

Meanwhile, yesterday, when Runescape went scuppers -- the comments poured forth on this thread and there were over 230 people viewing it at any one time.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

No, of course, I understand. I'm not saying it's major but it just seems... strange. I mean, RS is a game so focused around the acquisition of skillcapes it seems weird for the game's developers to release something that looks indistinguishable to the uneducated eye.

Of course, most clan members are regular players so wouldn't have this problem.

Well, many of people have groaned about that selfsame thing. Maybe that's their way of removing the deadlocked focus of the 99 cape in lieu of the greater achievement capes yet to come? Or to return the drive back in enjoyment of the skill itself and not simply the cape? I'm not certain. It could be a myriad of things, least of which the icons are just cool and reusable, proven to work on cape items already, and a safe choice.

hzvjpwS.gif

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
Yeah and undoubtedly there are people who would just like the icon for their clan's cape anyway so... that's kind of justifiable in itself really.

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Honeypot_Grl
  • Clan:I don't Clan

Isn't it interesting to note that, despite this release being issued some 5 hours ago, we're merely on page 3 of discussion of this issue AND there's only 44 people reviewing this thread.

Meanwhile, yesterday, when Runescape went scuppers -- the comments poured forth on this thread and there were over 230 people viewing it at any one time.

That's because people actually cared about that yesterday. This is crap. Pointless waste of resources for how much it'll be used.

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

That's because people actually cared about that yesterday. This is crap. Pointless waste of resources for how much it'll be used.

And so why the hell does Jagex keep creating stuff for PKers/Clans? :thumbdown:
Posted Image

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

And so why the hell does Jagex keep creating stuff for PKers/Clans? :thumbdown:

Well - it's all about the "community" dontcha know ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

I noticed that too. This thread is surprisingly empty for the biggest update of the month. To be fair, everyone was on tip.it yesterday because they got kicked out of the game, but that still doesn't explain where everyone's disappeared to this time.

Seriously, guys, where are you?

~ W ~

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient

I noticed that too. This thread is surprisingly empty for the biggest update of the month. To be fair, everyone was on tip.it yesterday because they got kicked out of the game, but that still doesn't explain where everyone's disappeared to this time.

Seriously, guys, where are you?

Are you serious? Clan updates don't affect everyone, but a game crash does.

What's wrong with content that focuses on a select group of interests? Wow, don't be so selfish
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users