12-Apr-2011- Clan Camp, Support and Web Pages

DarkDude

I'm not in a clan, nor do I really have any plans on joining one, but I definitely see the benefit of this update to clans. I grouped together with a few friends and we formed a clan to test it out, and I do really like some of the features.

The private clan meetings in the tent with the voting box and send meeting invite features there we're some I found really cool. Sadly I haven't been able to see the rated clan wars battlefield since both teams need 10 people to start a match, even though I just want to view the arena.

All in all though, I think it's good that they added this feature for clans. This doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of listening to Jagex going on and on about clans every month though.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why oh why must everyone be on at once to form a clan? Does this cement those original founders in a specific position?

Anti-flood measure. The only way for cheaters to register a clan for the fancy clan cape is through multi-logging. Not like it'll stop the serious ones since there's at least one client that's coded in multilogging, but it will slow down the greedy lemming types.

Or to get random people to help them found a clan, then just kick them off after it has been founded. Thus, free custom capes for the individual only. ;)

2eprbpj.png

Why oh why must everyone be on at once to form a clan? Does this cement those original founders in a specific position?

Anti-flood measure. The only way for cheaters to register a clan for the fancy clan cape is through multi-logging. Not like it'll stop the serious ones since there's at least one client that's coded in multilogging, but it will slow down the greedy lemming types.

Or to get random people to help them found a clan, then just kick them off after it has been founded. Thus, free custom capes for the individual only. ;)

It's always the simple things, innit. :rolleyes:

EDIT: on another matter, does anyone know if the private clan forums are hosted on the same servers as the highscores/grand exchange/adventure log and whatnot? Because either three have a tendency to be...lacking at times.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

It's always the simple things, innit. :rolleyes:

EDIT: on another matter, does anyone know if the private clan forums are hosted on the same servers as the highscores/grand exchange/adventure log and whatnot? Because either three have a tendency to be...lacking at times.

It's pretty easy with Windows 7 to do so without cheating using a special client, but that wasn't even my point.

I want four specific people to be in the "founding" positions, not some randoms or alts, but they made it to where all 4/5 people have to be on at once for no visibly good reason... <_<

2dgucz6.png

I want four specific people to be in the "founding" positions, not some randoms or alts, but they made it to where all 4/5 people have to be on at once for no visibly good reason... <_<

So you want the ability to form a clan just by using the scroll on a name in your friend's list or something like, is that it?

I don't think it's feasible.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

So you want the ability to form a clan just by using the scroll on a name in your friend's list or something like, is that it?

Why not, it works with IRC why shouldn't it work in runescape..

Or simplier: why the hell decides jagex to constantly build custom crap software? Instead of using a well established open source flavour and change it to their flavour! - There are many IRC clients for java, and creating a personal IRC server/network is something even I can do.. This isn't only faster, more customizable, better and cleaner.. But also won't face any downtime (since a network never goes down with a server crash).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Sorry if this has been covered...but we can't log out of clan chat?!

leave the clan

Then they came for me

Never been able to use any kind of item on your friend list, that's why.

Until then, we're stuck with this. Meh.

1emk2e.png

So, im a little confused with this update.... Can I join a MH / Pking clan and still be in another clan with friends?

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

So, im a little confused with this update.... Can I join a MH / Pking clan and still be in another clan with friends?

There are 3 different chats:

Friends Chat - Exactly the same as before, you type in a name and join that persons chat, no restrictions on this.

Clan Chat - You join a clan and you're in this clan chat, forever. YOu can't leave this chat no matter what (unless you leave this clan).

Guest Clan Chat - You type in another Clan's name and can join their clan chat if they allow it.

So if your friends are all in clans you can still talk to them in Friends Chat. Or if you're in one Clan and your friends are in another Clan you can join their chat and talk to them there.

The only thing I don't particularly like about this update is that orange dots take priority over green dots so it's difficult to differentiate between friends and clan members. Other than that this update doesn't effect me hugely but I can see why clans would find it useful.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

There are 3 different chats:

Friends Chat - Exactly the same as before, you type in a name and join that persons chat, no restrictions on this.

Clan Chat - You join a clan and you're in this clan chat, forever. YOu can't leave this chat no matter what (unless you leave this clan).

Guest Clan Chat - You type in another Clan's name and can join their clan chat if they allow it.

So if your friends are all in clans you can still talk to them in Friends Chat. Or if you're in one Clan and your friends are in another Clan you can join their chat and talk to them there.

Though this requires quite a bit of efford:

X joins main 1, but also wants to join 2: so 2 is "friend"..

Y wants to join 2 & 3, so "3" goes main

Z wants to join 1 & 3 - now what?

I'm aware this example can be avoided by guests: but what when you like to join 3 chats? than this problem will occur...

And if you "leave" your clan chat, you'll have to be reinvited manually by a leader!

Then they came for me

Never been able to use any kind of item on your friend list, that's why.

Until then, we're stuck with this. Meh.

Well then let them invite people by "typing" the name.. just like reporting works - I can do that type the name of my friends.

Then they came for me

I just searched my friend's clan and it turned out that its name had been stolen by 5 random noobs :) They have a rubber chicken in their logo and offensive motto :P

Yeah, no way that wasn't gonna happen.

I wonder if some of the larger clans' names got scooped by trolls....

8f14270694.jpg

Just another update where In Other News is still the better than the rest of the update.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I love this update thus far, it's pretty nice. However, I wish I could have affiliation with more than one clan. But all in all, it's a well implemented update however I don't feel it's *that* great for clans whom have their own forums, IRC channels, etc.

Meh, I also uploaded a video about the update with commentary a few hours back:

newsigw.png

The What is this Place? Task once again appears in the Lumbridge Task List.

yay

my girlfriend was crying cause she couldnt get her explorer's ring even though she had done all the tasks >.>

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Yeah, yeah, clan stuff. Not interested. Blah blah blah...

All scimitar animations have been updated to use the same animations as the recently reworked dragon scimitar.

FINALLY.

BEST. UPDATE. THIS. MONTH.

(What can i say? I hated the old holding animation of longswords and scimitars :rolleyes: )

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

i wonder, will tip.it have a clan?

I did ask some other staff if they wanted to create one but nobody replied at the time. I'd be fine creating one with some other users as long as people remembered that actions inside it are not the responsibility of staff.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^