Efficiency Trolls

JacTise69

If things don't change, you're in danger of losing a bunch of very valuable posters and the whole community will be much poorer for it. Without people like Obt, Ancient, Green, and Grimy around here, this place really won't be much different than the RSOF.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If things don't change, you're in danger of losing a bunch of very valuable posters and the whole community will be much poorer for it. Without people like Obt, Ancient, Green, and Grimy around here, this place really won't be much different than the RSOF.

Unfortunately, regardless of how people can be at times, we're not going to allow people to remain in the community if they are constantly disrupting it (whether they provide good advice and guides or not) and ruining the experience for other users who do follow the rules and aren't trying their best to disrupt it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Unfortunately, regardless of how people can be at times, we're not going to allow people to remain in the community if they are constantly disrupting it (whether they provide good advice and guides or not) and ruining the experience for other users who do follow the rules and aren't trying their best to disrupt it.

I wonder which was more disruptive- xpx teasing ancient on this thread, or the delete spam and temporary locking.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I wonder which was more disruptive- xpx teasing ancient on this thread, or the delete spam and temporary locking.

It seems you forgot about the barrage of posts insulting staff/posting about staff decisions which we said to stop. How do they help a topic? (Rhetorical question).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It seems you forgot about the barrage of posts insulting staff/posting about staff decisions which we said to stop. How do they help a topic? (Rhetorical question).

Well, they were a response to the unfair banning of two prominent users who hadn't done a thing wrong. The most productive course would have been to not issue pointless bans.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Well, it seems a chosen few are set in your ways, so I'll leave you all with this:

Edit: All further posts discussing another person's ban will be removed (then again it's only a couple doing this anyway).

The Above goes for everybody. Tip.it staff have on numerous occasions said that if you have a problem with moderation, you are more than welcome to bring them up in the appropriate channels.

This is:

In-line with the forum rules, posts talking about moderator actions outside of these areas will be removed. We will give you all the respect you deserve if you approach us by the correct channels.

2.8 - Tip.It Staff

Moderators and Administrators of this site monitor your compliance with the rules of the site and dispense disciplinary action at their discretion. Any posts containing inappropriate content will either be edited or removed from the forums and posting such words/phrases/content after being warned can result in being suspended from Tip.It forums for a given amount of time defined by the infraction and the Staff Member. If you are consistent about posting this sort of content after you have been warned you will be permanently banned from the site. NOTE: Only Administrators and Super Moderators have the power to do this. There are always at least 2 people involved in putting a ban in place - the Moderator who finds a breaking of the rules and the Administrator or Super Moderator who takes the action they feel is appropriate.

Tip.It Moderators and Administrators use their discretion in taking any actions. They are here to ensure the rules are applied, to keep order, and to help members. Posting personal attacks against Tip.It Moderators or Staff Members for taking these actions is not tolerated. If you disagree with an action taken by a Moderator, DO NOT confront Tip.It Moderators or Staff Members anywhere on the forums, NOR anywhere else (3rd party messenger programs, chats, etc). Please attempt to resolve the issue through PM's (private messages) in a professional manner. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, please send your complaint to a Tip.It Administrator. Moderators will give everyone the respect they deserve, it's only fair they get the same in return.

Impersonating or acting like a Tip.It Moderator or Staff Member is forbidden and can result in disciplinary action. This includes use of "Official Tip.It" in thread topics, descriptions or content as well as using Tip.it Staff avatars as your avatar, signature, etc. If a user finds a thread or post that is inappropriate please report the thread or post and let the administration and moderating staff handle the situation.

Considering the above, any further posts talking about moderator actions in this thread will lead to actions being taken against accounts. Enough warnings have been given. Unlocking this now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Derailed, just a tad.

Honestly, the 'efficiency troll' debate was a pointless, cyclical topic to begin with. No amount of arguing is going to get either side to admit they are wrong, and it's just going to go in circles. Arguing about he-who-shall-not-be-named and that-action-which-shall-not-be-named-which-happened-to-him seems more pertinent to the actual issues at hand in this community, namely mis-management by the mod team.

td2sig.jpg

Derailed, just a tad.

Honestly, the 'efficiency troll' debate was a pointless, cyclical topic to begin with. No amount of arguing is going to get either side to admit they are wrong, and it's just going to go in circles. Arguing about he-who-shall-not-be-named and that-action-which-shall-not-be-named-which-happened-to-him seems more pertinent to the actual issues at hand in this community, namely mis-management by the mod team.

It was an obvious bait post, I'm just surprised how far it's come from the OP. With a little help along with way with some over zealous moderating I might add.

You are saying that those people will ragequit tip.it forums if things won't change? How is that different from the RSOF were people ragequit runescape because things won't change? (no offence to you or the people you named here)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Maybe, just MAYBE

If the staff wasn't doing things wrong, people wouldn't feel the need to inform them that they are doing something wrong.

Makes so much sense.

>staff does things everyone agrees is wrong

>community feels the need to appose the obvious unjust moderation

>staff can't admit they were wrong

>staff makes unjust decisions on the complaints about the previous unjust decisions

CAN YOU NOT SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING

You are blaming us for complaining about YOUR OWN FAULTS. While you simultaneously tell us that if we have a problem to contact a staff member.

ARE YOU BLIND

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

that's already been quoted twice...a third time will surely make the posts stop, amirite?

There is no "right" way to play, so you can't promote what is right or wrong because it's just a conflict of opinions.

This topic isn't for flamebaiting, or trolling staff members. The rules are here for a reason, if they're broken we inforce them.

These forums are signed up for willingly, we don't make you.. and when you register you agree to the terms and conditions of this forum.

If it can't be discussed with respect and without trolling then the topic can be locked, the OP might have wanted a nice discussion but it's always a mixed bag with heavily opinionated topics.

Keep things constructive (and on-topic).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This message was sent to myself and many "efficiency clowns." This project was originally being headed by Quyneax and Bladewing was involved. Guess what? Three of the people involved have now been banned and most of the others have been ostracized to the point of boycotting it completely. Tip.it admins and mods and even the [bleep]ing general Tip.it population ban us, censor us, and send us to the preverbial gallows because we help people on these forums regardless of their feelings toward us. THEN WHEN THEY BAN US, THEY KEEP OUR GUIDES DESPITE MULTIPLE REQUESTS TO HAVE THEM REMOVED because their usefulness as a fansite directly correlates to the work we put in for them.

Frankly, this is pathetic. You can't ask us to help you and then [bleep]ing ban us and censor us.

Hello to all of you,

As you may have noticed the main site monster hunting guides have been long in need of an update which is something I would very much like to do. However, the tip.it crew has a bit of a boss hunter shortage at the moment and we don't have very many people with lots of boss hunting experience that would be qualified to update these guides. Over the past few weeks you guys have expressed interest in helping us out with our monster hunting guides through various channels. It has gotten rather confusing with all the loose PMs flying around everywhere, so we're establishing this PM to get a small status update on what has already been done and how we can proceed. We'd love to have your help in this organized effort to update our monster hunting guides to be as good as they can be!

What we would like to do is to setup a private board on the forum for all of us to collaborate and get the guides updated. Please let me know what you think of this and if you want to go forward please add anyone in your monster hunting group who can help with the project to this PM and we'll get things setup. (Quyneax, please also add the people that you contacted originally about getting the guides updated if they are still interested.)

Thanks,

Tecmaster532

^ This will never get done. Nice one, Tip.it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You are saying that those people will ragequit tip.it forums if things won't change? How is that different from the RSOF were people ragequit runescape because things won't change? (no offence to you or the people you named here)

NO OFFENSE, BUT YOU'RE ACTING LIKE RSOF

Yeah, thanks. But seriously, it's not productive to stay somewhere where my friends all get picked off for doing nothing. We're relocating somewhere that we won't have to wake up every day wondering which user is gone.

that's already been quoted twice...a third time will surely make the posts stop, amirite?

There is no "right" way to play, so you can't promote what is right or wrong because it's just a conflict of opinions.

This topic isn't for flamebaiting, or trolling staff members. The rules are here for a reason, if they're broken we inforce them.

These forums are signed up for willingly, we don't make you.. and when you register you agree to the terms and conditions of this forum.

If it can't be discussed with respect and without trolling then the topic can be locked, the OP might have wanted a nice discussion but it's always a mixed bag with heavily opinionated topics.

Keep things constructive.

misquote?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

NO OFFENSE, BUT YOU'RE ACTING LIKE RSOF

Yeah, thanks. But seriously, it's not productive to stay somewhere where my friends all get picked off for doing nothing. We're relocating somewhere that we won't have to wake up every day wondering which user is gone.

I was simply stating the opposit of that he said. He said that the tip.it community is like RSOF if those people are not here, I just said that what he said just looks like a RSOF thread.

I don't say this as a flame, because I have nothing against you guys, I do not dislike you, you did nothing wrong to me, I just said it sounds illogical to me what he is stating.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Let it be noted I'm not speaking as Staff in this post, but as an outsider in this apparent conflict. As such I do see a lot of personal attacks, trolling and pointless flaming.

To any human being that is upsetting, whether you have a pretty coloured name or not. If you cannot act your age, please just act childish in private.

If you have issues about certain users leaving, why not PM an admin or super mod?

If you wish to comment on the moderation publically, why not do so here?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Clearly being civil is too much to ask so going to lock this topic.

If you have a problem with something then posting crap about it and constantly whining about it and playing up is NOT a way to get it changed. You try doing that in the real world, in a job and you'll have your arse out of the door. You don't request to have a discussion about something and then when you don't hear "YES!" within the first 5 minutes go posting crap elsewhere to try and prove your point, it doesn't work like that.

To the moron posting from a proxy, please grow a pair. Your posts are not funny and you're impressing no one with your terrible racism. You're just making a fool out of yourselves and really making the point you're trying to make a lot weaker. If you're stupid enough to do something like that then it just proves we were justified in banning you as we do not want people like that anywhere near this site.

We've gone out of our way to try and help you guys resolves the issues you've been having with the forums and the thanks we get is nothing but trouble. You lot know who you are and really should be ashamed. Any respect I had for any of you before this are long gone now and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It's also very strange that the majority if people complaining about this whole things have a lot of recent warnings to their names for various things (and recent I mean within the last few months, not the last few days). Your terrible posting styles have not gone unnoticed and a lot of you were lucky to still be unbanned, so before you go on about overzealous modding you should consider yourselves lucky that we've not been as harsh as we should have been against you previously.

Maybe this is a harsh and strongly worded post, but you've brought it on yourselves as this has gotten entirely out of hand now. While we're (moderators) are not entirely blameless in this situation this whole thing could have been avoided if you used a bit of common sense and actually spent half a second to think about what you're doing and realise how bloody ridiculous it is.

Any more discussion in public regarding anyone's punishment about this whole situation and you will most likely end up with a ban yourself without a warning as you've had plenty of those throughout this thread and many others.

Thank You,

DarkDude