15-Apr-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch?

BloodAngel

This is a Guaranteed Content poll, but not as you know it. The twist is that were not going to tell you anything about the planned content it's related to...though you will probably come up with some pretty close guesses!

We are going to run a series of polls consisting of non-repeatable quest monsters and bosses. All you need to do is vote for the fiend that you would most like to meet again. You can reason your choice however you wish, be it for the challenge, nostalgia or even petty REVENGE!

Click here to go to the polls system and make your vote. Once you have done that, head over to the Official Polls Feedback & Ideas thread to discuss your choice with your fellow voters.

Get voting!

Mod Emilee

Community Management

[hide=18-Apr-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch? - Part II]

The second poll of non-repeatable quest monsters and bosses has now been released. All you need to do is vote for the fiend that you would most like to meet again.

Click here to go to the polls system and make your vote. Once you have done that, head over to the Official Polls Feedback & Ideas thread to discuss your choice with your fellow voters.

Choose wisely, as you only have one vote per poll!

Mod Emilee

Community Management

[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote's in... I can't remember some of those (now ancient, for me anyway) boss fights, so I picked one of the bosses that I forgot how I killed. Personally, I hope Jagex makes quests (and not just the boss fights) repeatable for memory purposes one of these days, as well as to be able to compare the old with the new. I'm really surprised they didn't try to simply just do this already, as there are people who are already banging their metal objects for such. :roll:

~D. V. "So many old things possibly worth repeating..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Vote for Melzar the Mad. He summons cabbage. Cabbage is good. Good is good.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Hopefully the bosses in the lists get harder with each batch. I'd like to fight Nomad or the 4 bosses from Desert Treasure *one after another*.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

No nomad? No vote.

See the boss levels, nubkin? These are the beginner-lvl bosses, I am fairly sure a poll with higher ones will come later on.

hvXho.png

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Yea I was looking for nomad too. Looks like this will be a series of polls. I'm definitely voting nomad when his number comes up.

Funny thing is that the "none of them" option is leading lol

nautica.png

nautica.png

Yea I was looking for nomad too. Looks like this will be a series of polls. I'm definitely voting nomad when his number comes up.

Well... if "none of them" gets more votes than "any of them", that's the only situation when I think democracy should cause none of them appear.

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

Personally, I hope Jagex makes quests (and not just the boss fights) repeatable for memory purposes one of these days, as well as to be able to compare the old with the new. I'm really surprised they didn't try to simply just do this already, as there are people who are already banging their metal objects for such. :roll:

While I would love this, I also recognize how ginormous a project it would be. They'd really have to go over every quest from scratch to check for bazillions of game-breaking bugs. For example, in many quests there are situations where you can't progress further due to missing item X, and once you've gone through various convoluted steps to find it you can move forward. If you have item X to begin with, and skip half the quest, who can guess what will break?

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I really won't be surprised if these polls are for the 200th quest. In RFD the final part had us killing a series of bosses that were entirely based on existing bosses only with food themed names and appearences.

Sylpheed.png

I really won't be surprised if these polls are for the 200th quest. In RFD the final part had us killing a series of bosses that were entirely based on existing bosses only with food themed names and appearences.

You've given me a terrible prospect...If RFD2 is the 200th quest I will be so sad. So very, very sad.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well... if "none of them" gets more votes than "any of them", that's the only situation when I think democracy should cause none of them appear.

Except you have no idea what they're planning on use them for. For all we know it's only a small part of a much larger update. It's a bad sad that option is winning though, but without context I guess it's hard to vote. On top of that people don't understand these are the lower level bosses and thus voted for none most likely.

Anyone know how far off the 200th quest we are at all?

EDIT: Just found out :thumbsup: I voted for Solus Dellagar anyway, always loved how mad and criminal he is, plus i'd like to see how Jagex would bring him back <3:

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Should have been more clear that this is obviously the first and lowest level batch of bosses.

Could have avoided all of the "omg i don't want to fight these noobs where is Nomad??"

Anyway - I voted Melzar because he is awesome.

EDIT: Info from Mod Emilee:

It will be the first of 4 polls, each covering a different level range.

Approximately 3 days between each poll.

They are considering splitting up the final poll with Nomad and whatnot in it to get more opinions.

Should have been more clear that this is obviously the first and lowest level batch of bosses.

Could have avoided all of the "omg i don't want to fight these noobs where is Nomad??"

Anyway - I voted Melzar because he is awesome.

EDIT: Info from Mod Emilee:

It will be the first of 4 polls, each covering a different level range.

Approximately 3 days between each poll.

They are considering splitting up the final poll with Nomad and whatnot in it to get more opinions.

Think I'll just wait until poll is almost done and then vote for whatever has a chance to beat "none."

punitivedsig.png

I voted Delrith. I love the idea that a demon that I banished in a very early stage of my career has been observing my character all this time on some demonic plane plotting revenge and growing stronger, or gathering an army against me.

EDIT: And he's second to none! Hah, geddit? Oh, I amuse myself too easily.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Deathless person ftw. I always wanted to kill the last form of that guy.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Deathless person ftw. I always wanted to kill the last form of that guy.

Koschei would be my second choice, but it was a very close second. Another character with a lot of potential.

~ W ~

sigzi.png