Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

15-Apr-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Punitive_D
[ Display Name History ]

Punitive_D

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • RSN:Punitive D

Should have been more clear that this is obviously the first and lowest level batch of bosses.
Could have avoided all of the "omg i don't want to fight these noobs where is Nomad??"

Anyway - I voted Melzar because he is awesome.

EDIT: Info from Mod Emilee:
It will be the first of 4 polls, each covering a different level range.
Approximately 3 days between each poll.
They are considering splitting up the final poll with Nomad and whatnot in it to get more opinions.

Think I'll just wait until poll is almost done and then vote for whatever has a chance to beat "none."
Posted Image

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
I voted Delrith. I love the idea that a demon that I banished in a very early stage of my career has been observing my character all this time on some demonic plane plotting revenge and growing stronger, or gathering an army against me.

EDIT: And he's second to none! Hah, geddit? Oh, I amuse myself too easily.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt
Deathless person ftw. I always wanted to kill the last form of that guy.
Drops

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

Deathless person ftw. I always wanted to kill the last form of that guy.

Koschei would be my second choice, but it was a very close second. Another character with a lot of potential.

~ W ~

Posted Image

CheapMark
[ Display Name History ]

CheapMark

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 197 posts
Mezlar was always a fun 'boss'...would love to see more content based around him...

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

Gravy
[ Display Name History ]

Gravy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • RSN:Gravy
  • RSN2:Exorain
oh wow melzar, nice!

Follow me on Twitter!
FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.
Posted Image

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Blankblankblank
[ Display Name History ]

Blankblankblank

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Voted Sigmund. Yeah we fought him a bunch of times but he's the only boss of that group that I recall to be remotely challenging. But hey, it's a low level boss poll anyway. Can't wait for the one on Nomad.......

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Honeypot_Grl
  • Clan:I don't Clan
I'm guessing they'll pump up whoever wins, give them a new boss sequence and you have to fight tham as a.... clan!

Clan! Clan clan clan, more clans, more clans.

Probably not, but I wouldn't be shocked.

bmnp
[ Display Name History ]

bmnp

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 160 posts

Anyone know how far off the 200th quest we are at all?

EDIT: Just found out :thumbsup: I voted for Solus Dellagar anyway, always loved how mad and criminal he is, plus i'd like to see how Jagex would bring him back <3:

Same here. Too bad he only has 3%

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I'm guessing they'll pump up whoever wins, give them a new boss sequence and you have to fight tham as a.... clan!

So you mean that these four choices would instead be a new boss hunting room?

Badass.

hzvjpwS.gif

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RSN:Severa
I hope if/when they bring whichever bosses back we get some story behind them rather than just 'Boss X has come back from the dead, you can fight him again...once'. Something like what Will said would be pretty cool. Would love the option to fight all 4 DT Mages at once, though perhaps with their levels boosted a bit :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

NJE03
[ Display Name History ]

NJE03

Sic Vita Est

• Members
  • 2,185 posts
  • RSN:NJE03
Aw, no Elvarg option.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Stats:

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Aw, no Elvarg option.

He'll most likely be in the next poll. All the beasties in this one seem to be level 40ish and under. Elvarg is lvl 83.

hzvjpwS.gif

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts

So you mean that these four choices would instead be a new boss hunting room?

Badass.

Could be, could be. I just hope they use some of the Dung code to calculate the levels and how many players to fight it to figure out the boss level. That way people can solo it too.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
Now THAT would be a boss worth fighting. I'd be very interested in something like that. That's a good suggestion. :D

hzvjpwS.gif

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts

Now THAT would be a boss worth fighting. I'd be very interested in something like that. That's a good suggestion. :D

It is, isn't it? Can't wait for it to be ignored and something dreadful done instead. :thumbsup:

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
They could do an Arena mode-type thing where you face all of them with one inventory. I can tell you from personal experience that Boss Battles Intense on SSBB is one of the hardest things I have ever achieved in gaming (and after weeks and weeks of trying, I eventually did it on my birthday of all days). What I'm thinking is something like that. Make it random sequence so it's not so linear and people can't make guides which all but guarantee success--make it a challenge of quick thinking, fine teamwork (if it's not solo) and good strategy.

Making the boss proportional to team members/combat levels a la Dung is a great idea too.

Arthu
[ Display Name History ]

Arthu

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Arttu

Yea I was looking for nomad too. Looks like this will be a series of polls. I'm definitely voting nomad when his number comes up.

Funny thing is that the "none of them" option is leading lol

Well... if "none of them" gets more votes than "any of them", that's the only situation when I think democracy should cause none of them appear.

Except you have no idea what they're planning on use them for. For all we know it's only a small part of a much larger update. It's a bad sad that option is winning though, but without context I guess it's hard to vote. On top of that people don't understand these are the lower level bosses and thus voted for none most likely.

Or, if there only was 10 options and "none" option, would the none still be winning? I think not. The votes to the bosses split 'fairly' equally depending on the amount of bosses included in poll, but the amount of "lol-nos" stays somewhat stable. Therefore, the more options, the bigger does the amount of none-of-them look.
Posted Image
99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.
9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?
Posted Image
I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Seer
[ Display Name History ]

Seer

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • Location:I am where you least expect it. Watching in the dark, the one that sees all.....
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:l The Seer l

They could do an Arena mode-type thing where you face all of them with one inventory. I can tell you from personal experience that Boss Battles Intense on SSBB is one of the hardest things I have ever achieved in gaming (and after weeks and weeks of trying, I eventually did it on my birthday of all days). What I'm thinking is something like that. Make it random sequence so it's not so linear and people can't make guides which all but guarantee success--make it a challenge of quick thinking, fine teamwork (if it's not solo) and good strategy.

Making the boss proportional to team members/combat levels a la Dung is a great idea too.

That would be awesome to see implemented. Seeing something like Boss Battles from SSBB would be a great way to do it.

I've still yet to beat that mode on Intense too. <_<
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.
Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
Seriously I cant remember who any of them are and how am I expected to tbh. Maybe provide a picture along with their name. Possibly brief info recap.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users