Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

15-Apr-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Animaslayer
[ Display Name History ]

Animaslayer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Animaslayer
  • Clan:SODB

Personally, I hope Jagex makes quests (and not just the boss fights) repeatable for memory purposes one of these days, as well as to be able to compare the old with the new. I'm really surprised they didn't try to simply just do this already, as there are people who are already banging their metal objects for such. :roll:

While I would love this, I also recognize how ginormous a project it would be. They'd really have to go over every quest from scratch to check for bazillions of game-breaking bugs. For example, in many quests there are situations where you can't progress further due to missing item X, and once you've gone through various convoluted steps to find it you can move forward. If you have item X to begin with, and skip half the quest, who can guess what will break?

staking and pking
Posted Image
Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2
Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1
Posted Image <- do that when you see me :P

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
I don't remember any of them..

2480+ total

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Seriously I cant remember who any of them are and how am I expected to tbh. Maybe provide a picture along with their name. Possibly brief info recap.

They do give the quests that they're from. It would've been nice though if the quest they're from was actually a link to that KB's entry, so people could easily read the synopsis.

hzvjpwS.gif

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer

Seriously I cant remember who any of them are and how am I expected to tbh. Maybe provide a picture along with their name. Possibly brief info recap.

They do give the quests that they're from. It would've been nice though if the quest they're from was actually a link to that KB's entry, so people could easily read the synopsis.

Sure but barely any quests I remember either. Theres hundreds now. Especially very low boss monster ones that I probably killed in one hit. ^.^ Or I maybe I was a newb at the time Idk. Im not sure how old some of these are or not. They pretty much should of done something more to give info for a proper poll.

I simply voted for the 'legends' quest not because I remember that boss. I simply walk past the legends guild occasionally while hunting penguins and think it looks kinda cool building. (Besides the cape that building is the only thing I remember about it.) Thats not a very good reason to vote for a boss monster lol. Im not sure this poll is important enough for me to go researching with my own effort though others might.

Some of them I do recall. Like the draynor one..but I havnt got much interested in fighting him again so I didnt vote for him.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I hope if/when they bring whichever bosses back we get some story behind them rather than just 'Boss X has come back from the dead, you can fight him again...once'. Something like what Will said would be pretty cool. Would love the option to fight all 4 DT Mages at once, though perhaps with their levels boosted a bit :P

This would be awesome. Desert Treasure has some of the best boss fights of any quest, Being able to fight all four at once would be pretty interesting, especially as, if I remember correctly the vampire one could hit through or drain prayer.

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Of all the quest bosses, they pick the crappiest ones. What about Ice demon from Tempel of senntist?

WeatherMatt
[ Display Name History ]

WeatherMatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:WeatherMatt
  • RSN2:DIY WMatt
I voted for Koschei. Very few of these bosses were memorable in any way, and at least Koschei had an interesting mechanic.

Definitely looking forward to the later polls. I would NOT vote for Nomad personally; I want more bosses like the Spirit Beast.

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
Voting on something you don't know anything about? And what your vote is used for?

Does runescape really think we are stupid?

VOTING IS A SPECIAL GIFT don't simply vote lightly without considering all consequences.

For this reason I think any person who values democracy and input from users should boycott this vote and not vote untill you can vote intelligently.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp

Voting on something you don't know anything about? And what your vote is used for?

VOTING IS A SPECIAL GIFT don't simply vote lightly without considering all consequences.

For this reason I think any person who values democracy and input from users should boycott this vote and not vote untill you can vote intelligently.

I'm not quite seeing how it is undermining democracy. It's a small vote as either a gesture from Jagex that they want community involvement or they want to know which boss we liked best so they can make an update which we like.

Oh and I voted Delrith.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring
I want solus back, he was badass taking out all those knight operatives.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude

You're voting to be able to fight them again. In what way? No one knows. But you're still voting for which you'd like to fight again.

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

You're voting to be able to fight them again. In what way? No one knows. But you're still voting for which you'd like to fight again.

Is it a redundant fight? - Is it simply a follow up? - are the levels increased?

Those are the very first questions I had before even reading what they wrote, and they weren't answered. Don't you have those question too? - If you do you're basically voting for black holes, not sure what the outcome will be!

Maybe undermining democracy is a bit too heavily said, but it's certainly not the idea which I have when people ask me to "vote" on something. So I refrain from voting for this.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

Is it a redundant fight? - Is it simply a follow up? - are the levels increased?

Those are the very first questions I had before even reading what they wrote, and they weren't answered. Don't you have those question too? - If you do you're basically voting for black holes, not sure what the outcome will be!

Maybe undermining democracy is a bit too heavily said, but it's certainly not the idea which I have when people ask me to "vote" on something. So I refrain from voting for this.

You are taking this a bit too seriously and directly. Try to imagine what a rematch would be like with the bosses you've been presented with, how they would feasibly happen (or maybe question whether they are feasible at all!), and pick the one that suits your tastes best. I like a good story about bitter revenge simmering away over the course of my character's career, so I picked Delrith. And yes, Delrith would certainly be more powerful next time. That was what was he was going to become if fully summoned, after all.

That would be better than, say, Sigmund, who I've fought too many times and is pretty convincingly dead. A rematch would be gimmicky, boring and just plain silly from a narrative point of view ("You're still trying to destroy the Dorgeshuun? For the fifth time? Really? Wasn't the fact that they defeated Bandos himself enough of a message for you?"). He is, after all, just a xenophobic human with very little abilities of note.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep
Delriith cause it = darklight which could = upgrade.

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
No Nomad option :cry:

None of them in currently winning now too.

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body

See the boss levels, nubkin? These are the beginner-lvl bosses, I am fairly sure a poll with higher ones will come later on.

They did not supply enough information for me to vote.
Posted Image

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
Is being imaginative against Runescape law or something? An author doesn't give up on writing a book because their characters aren't developed enough in the first chapter, the author looks for the potential in the characters and writes the rest of the book to develop them. Pick where the potential is. I don't see what's so difficult.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer

Aw, no Elvarg option.

That was the only real low level monster I could remember and disappointed I didnt see.

I barely know 3 on the list. Rest I dont remember.

Really would like to fight that dragon again. On this account. I actually remember that quest quite well.. it was awesome. Its one out of hundreds I even remember.

Haha be funny too if I wasnt allowed to wear a rune platebody despite fact I have completely finished smithing until I killed her again.

But but but I am a permanent master smith of all runescape! I should be able to wear it lol. Now THAT would be unexpected update. Not necessarily good..but unexpected.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

...or the 4 bosses from Desert Treasure *one after another*.

With ancient magicks, the only way to make them a challenge is to have them all come at you at once.

And buff their combat level based on yours, dungeoneering style.
Posted Image
Posted Image

liljjp
[ Display Name History ]

liljjp

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 190 posts
yea.. i dont remember like any of them. or i haven't bothered to do the certain quests they are from.

but i chose the maze guy.

i was saddened by no Elvarg option tho, no lie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users