15-Apr-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch?

BloodAngel

Voting on something you don't know anything about? And what your vote is used for?

Does runescape really think we are stupid?

VOTING IS A SPECIAL GIFT don't simply vote lightly without considering all consequences.

For this reason I think any person who values democracy and input from users should boycott this vote and not vote untill you can vote intelligently.

You're voting to be able to fight them again. In what way? No one knows. But you're still voting for which you'd like to fight again.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting on something you don't know anything about? And what your vote is used for?

VOTING IS A SPECIAL GIFT don't simply vote lightly without considering all consequences.

For this reason I think any person who values democracy and input from users should boycott this vote and not vote untill you can vote intelligently.

You're voting to be able to fight them again. In what way? No one knows. But you're still voting for which you'd like to fight again.

Is it a redundant fight? - Is it simply a follow up? - are the levels increased?

Those are the very first questions I had before even reading what they wrote, and they weren't answered. Don't you have those question too? - If you do you're basically voting for black holes, not sure what the outcome will be!

Maybe undermining democracy is a bit too heavily said, but it's certainly not the idea which I have when people ask me to "vote" on something. So I refrain from voting for this.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Is it a redundant fight? - Is it simply a follow up? - are the levels increased?

Those are the very first questions I had before even reading what they wrote, and they weren't answered. Don't you have those question too? - If you do you're basically voting for black holes, not sure what the outcome will be!

Maybe undermining democracy is a bit too heavily said, but it's certainly not the idea which I have when people ask me to "vote" on something. So I refrain from voting for this.

You are taking this a bit too seriously and directly. Try to imagine what a rematch would be like with the bosses you've been presented with, how they would feasibly happen (or maybe question whether they are feasible at all!), and pick the one that suits your tastes best. I like a good story about bitter revenge simmering away over the course of my character's career, so I picked Delrith. And yes, Delrith would certainly be more powerful next time. That was what was he was going to become if fully summoned, after all.

That would be better than, say, Sigmund, who I've fought too many times and is pretty convincingly dead. A rematch would be gimmicky, boring and just plain silly from a narrative point of view ("You're still trying to destroy the Dorgeshuun? For the fifth time? Really? Wasn't the fact that they defeated Bandos himself enough of a message for you?"). He is, after all, just a xenophobic human with very little abilities of note.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Is being imaginative against Runescape law or something? An author doesn't give up on writing a book because their characters aren't developed enough in the first chapter, the author looks for the potential in the characters and writes the rest of the book to develop them. Pick where the potential is. I don't see what's so difficult.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Aw, no Elvarg option.

That was the only real low level monster I could remember and disappointed I didnt see.

I barely know 3 on the list. Rest I dont remember.

Really would like to fight that dragon again. On this account. I actually remember that quest quite well.. it was awesome. Its one out of hundreds I even remember.

Haha be funny too if I wasnt allowed to wear a rune platebody despite fact I have completely finished smithing until I killed her again.

But but but I am a permanent master smith of all runescape! I should be able to wear it lol. Now THAT would be unexpected update. Not necessarily good..but unexpected.

More market research from them cant be bad for us.

I voted none of them, im a high level but I know this is for low level bosses (for now).

none of them are something I would like to fight again, although a cabbage summoner would be teh lulz. but as a monster? nty.

if i could fight a boss again, it would be Elvarg.

I want to rip the head of her and [cabbage]! :evil:

Who stronger now [female dog]?

funfact: Elvarg is female.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Of all the quest bosses, they pick the crappiest ones. What about Ice demon from Tempel of senntist?

No Nomad option :cry:

None of them in currently winning now too.

I thought we've been over the fact that there'll be more polls to come, probably with higher level monsters?

Aw, no Elvarg option.

He'll most likely be in the next poll. All the beasties in this one seem to be level 40ish and under. Elvarg is lvl 83.

I second this. Jagex did say they were running multiple polls in a series. So hang onto your hat, NJE03, and look forward to the next poll! :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Look ahead, the future's bright!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I wish I knew what is up with these polls always insisting I log in whenever I try to do them even though I am logged in. It does this over and over. >_<

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

New poll is up. No surprises that Elvarg is first. Personally I voted Damis.

Elvarg doesn't really have a competitor in this poll, if any possible one. She's just too memorable for most rs players, being the greatest f2p boss and whatnot.

I voted for black knight guardian, not because I would have found that battle especially fun or anything, but I like the mysteries behind black/white/void/templar/whatever knight storylines.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Told ya! Next poll, Elvarg! :P ... Yes, I tossed her my vote, seeing as I would like to know what the new area for fighting her looks like. :-s

BTW, I feel like the discussion of poll #2 should have been in another thread. Putting it here really mashes stuff together. :(

~D. V. "My vote for #2 went to Elvarg... what about you?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Yeah, it had to be Elvarg. Still a mighty good quest boss after all these years. All of the others I've already had a rematch with (Agrith-Naar, Dagganoth Mother) or weren't memorable enough.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Voted for Elvarg.

Elvarg (83) - Dragon Slayer 43% (3025 votes)

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

The problem I have with Elvarg is continuity. Jagex even updated Dragon Slayer so that you cut off Elvarg's head at the end. Even though she's given a detailed backstory dealing with the island of Crandor, it would seem to me that at the end of the quest she is solidly and truly dead.

I voted for the Culinaromancer. He sorta dies at the end of RFD as well (or, well..explodes into a pile of food) but seeing as how he's a necromancer there's at least a shred of continuity that can be maintained. Story, Jagex! Your game has one!

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png