Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

15-Apr-2011 - Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

gspbeetle
[ Display Name History ]

gspbeetle

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:ChenGMT
  • RSN2:son of 911
  • Clan:RuneHK

Voting on something you don't know anything about? And what your vote is used for?

Does runescape really think we are stupid?

VOTING IS A SPECIAL GIFT don't simply vote lightly without considering all consequences.

For this reason I think any person who values democracy and input from users should boycott this vote and not vote untill you can vote intelligently.

More market research from them cant be bad for us.

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Kata Phract
I voted none of them, im a high level but I know this is for low level bosses (for now).

none of them are something I would like to fight again, although a cabbage summoner would be teh lulz. but as a monster? nty.

if i could fight a boss again, it would be Elvarg.
I want to rip the head of her and [cabbage]! :evil:
Who stronger now [female dog]?

funfact: Elvarg is female.
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

Of all the quest bosses, they pick the crappiest ones. What about Ice demon from Tempel of senntist?

No Nomad option :cry:

None of them in currently winning now too.

I thought we've been over the fact that there'll be more polls to come, probably with higher level monsters?

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None

Aw, no Elvarg option.

He'll most likely be in the next poll. All the beasties in this one seem to be level 40ish and under. Elvarg is lvl 83.

I second this. Jagex did say they were running multiple polls in a series. So hang onto your hat, NJE03, and look forward to the next poll! :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Look ahead, the future's bright!" Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

firebird308
[ Display Name History ]

firebird308

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • RSN:SilverFox30
  • Clan:PVM Skilling to 99
I wish I knew what is up with these polls always insisting I log in whenever I try to do them even though I am logged in. It does this over and over. >_<

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Thnks_fr_th_Mmrs
[ Display Name History ]

Thnks_fr_th_Mmrs

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • RSN:2h You
currently the most voted is for none of them. really guys, really?
I'm a lady tamer, and a chef too.

Check out my quest cape blog. Right now.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
New poll is up. No surprises that Elvarg is first. Personally I voted Damis.

Arthu
[ Display Name History ]

Arthu

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Arttu

New poll is up. No surprises that Elvarg is first. Personally I voted Damis.

Elvarg doesn't really have a competitor in this poll, if any possible one. She's just too memorable for most rs players, being the greatest f2p boss and whatnot.
I voted for black knight guardian, not because I would have found that battle especially fun or anything, but I like the mysteries behind black/white/void/templar/whatever knight storylines.
Posted Image
99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.
9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?
Posted Image
I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None
Told ya! Next poll, Elvarg! :P ... Yes, I tossed her my vote, seeing as I would like to know what the new area for fighting her looks like. :-s

BTW, I feel like the discussion of poll #2 should have been in another thread. Putting it here really mashes stuff together. :(

~D. V. "My vote for #2 went to Elvarg... what about you?" Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
Yeah, it had to be Elvarg. Still a mighty good quest boss after all these years. All of the others I've already had a rematch with (Agrith-Naar, Dagganoth Mother) or weren't memorable enough.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Rapono
[ Display Name History ]

Rapono

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 122 posts
first i click on the culinaromancer (however thats spelled), but then i saw elvarg on the list.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired
Voted for Elvarg.

Elvarg (83) - Dragon Slayer 43% (3025 votes)
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
No Kamil? <_<
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wisky_is_Goo
[ Display Name History ]

Wisky_is_Goo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • RSN:Wisky_is_goo
Elvarg really has no competition. Will win hands down, that being said i voted for her too based on the classic factor.
Posted Image

WeatherMatt
[ Display Name History ]

WeatherMatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:WeatherMatt
  • RSN2:DIY WMatt
The problem I have with Elvarg is continuity. Jagex even updated Dragon Slayer so that you cut off Elvarg's head at the end. Even though she's given a detailed backstory dealing with the island of Crandor, it would seem to me that at the end of the quest she is solidly and truly dead.

I voted for the Culinaromancer. He sorta dies at the end of RFD as well (or, well..explodes into a pile of food) but seeing as how he's a necromancer there's at least a shred of continuity that can be maintained. Story, Jagex! Your game has one!

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

No Kamil? <_<

Again, same thing that happened with the last poll. Kamil is lvl 150ish. He will probably be in the next poll. This poll's max level seems to be 110.

The problem I have with Elvarg is continuity. Jagex even updated Dragon Slayer so that you cut off Elvarg's head at the end. Even though she's given a detailed backstory dealing with the island of Crandor, it would seem to me that at the end of the quest she is solidly and truly dead.

I voted for the Culinaromancer. He sorta dies at the end of RFD as well (or, well..explodes into a pile of food) but seeing as how he's a necromancer there's at least a shred of continuity that can be maintained. Story, Jagex! Your game has one!

It's funny that you mention the Culinaromancer and its continuity but you forget how they implemented mock versions of the bosses in that quest. We don't know how we're facing these bosses. They could very well be spoof forms, like the food based versions in Recipe for Disaster.

hzvjpwS.gif

garm22
[ Display Name History ]

garm22

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • RSN:lCharizardl
I haven't seen Elvarg in 5+ years, and I loved that quest at the time. THis one is a no brainer.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
I personally don't see what the big deal is about Elvarg. Sure she's the only F2P dragon/boss etc, but she's literally just a generic green dragon with a name.

I'd much rather fight any of the Desert Treasure bosses over a naff, boring dragon any day, regardless of what they do with this content a dragon is still a dragon.

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt

I personally don't see what the big deal is about Elvarg. Sure she's the only F2P dragon/boss etc, but she's literally just a generic green dragon with a name.

I'd much rather fight any of the Desert Treasure bosses over a naff, boring dragon any day, regardless of what they do with this content a dragon is still a dragon.

But she's THE dragon. Elvarg vote ++.
Drops

Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Guy

The Guy

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Guy The Best
I went with damis - I remember having troubles with him a while ago when I did DT. Elvarg is, to me, just another dragon.

Damis (103) - Desert Treasure 7% (1337 votes) not even kidding

RIP TET

Posted Image

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users