E3 2011

Demoli

It is that time of the year again: E3, gaming's biggest event is almost here.

For those who don't know what E3 is, E3, also known as Electronic Entertainment Expo, is a convention where the biggest companies show their biggest assets for the following year(s). This not only includes titles already announced aswell as brand new reveals.

While the Expo itself is only official for 3 days, there are press conferences on the Eves, usually held by Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft and EA. After the press conferences are over though, every gaming site migrates to the show floor to personally try out the demos available.

That being said, it is also during these cofnerences the biggest announcements appear, so, what do you Tip.Iters think will be the biggest news and surprises of the show?

Press Conference dates:

Microsoft- June 6th, 9:00 am western

EA- TBA

Ubisoft-TBA

Nintendo-June 7th, 9 am PDT

Sony- June 6th, 5 pm PDT

Konami- June 2nd

Timetable below

[hide]oef96.png[/hide]

My shots for the show, and the ones i'm most looking forward, are:

Project Cafe will be announced (next Nintendo console)

Lots of PSP2 stuff

Kingdom Hearts 3

The last Guardian Details

3DS lineup such as Mario 3D, Paper Mario, Metal Gear and Shin Megami Tensei. Also, kid ikarus

Myriad of details from titles such as Arkham City, Skyrim and Saints Row 3.

May the Hype Begin.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really looking forward to something in regards to multiplayer in Battlefield 3 and more Skyrim.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Im really looking forward to something in regards to multiplayer in Battlefield 3 and more Skyrim.

Here here!!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Activision's VP of Developer Relations recently stated that the Guitar Hero series has not been cancelled, but instead is only on hiatus. I wonder if they'll say anything else on that topic.

Other than that, *shrugs*

I've lost most of my passion for console video games since college started. Tis a sad thing.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

The next Nintendo console will surely steal the show.

Apart from that, maybe some news on Hl3 would be nice.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Wait so they're actually going to release KH3 finally? I had thought they'd given up on it.

You're joking, right?

Yeah, sure, maybe if they released it years ago. But the Wii2 is nothing revolutionary and just Nintendo's plea for more money. All the popular games will be released on both consoles (Think twilight princess and the Gamecube) and it will be completely....underwhelming as far as technology is concerned.

And really they spent their remake-old-games coin (most of which were flops, Donky Kong Returns was horrible along with Epic Mickey) in addition to already releasing the 3DS so I really don't know what games they're going to even showcase. Nintendo 'stealing the show' is a far cry from believable.

Maybe they can show Skyward Sword and have the motion controls mess up again!

hzvjpwS.gif

Wait so they're actually going to release KH3 finally? I had thought they'd given up on it.

You're joking, right?

Yeah, sure, maybe if they released it years ago. But the Wii2 is nothing revolutionary and just Nintendo's plea for more money. All the popular games will be released on both consoles (Think twilight princess and the Gamecube) and it will be completely....underwhelming as far as technology is concerned.

And really they spent their remake-old-games coin (most of which were flops, Donky Kong Returns was horrible along with Epic Mickey) in addition to already releasing the 3DS so I really don't know what games they're going to even showcase. Nintendo 'stealing the show' is a far cry from believable.

Maybe they can show Skyward Sword and have the motion controls mess up again!

I disagree. Rumours are of it being comparable, if not moe powerful than current gen-consoles, which would bring in third party developers, and possibly taking some away from other consoles, especially those who like to push hardware limits (crytek and Id)

It's hard to remember, but the best selling console of this generation, but a country mile has been the Wii. It may not have catered to hardcore gamers (although I would argue it has done so more than the others if you count classic games as hardcore, and grimy FPS's as more casual 'graphics' gamer games) but it has revolutionised gaming in the current generation.

We really know next to nothing about it, so pawning it off as insignificant is nothing short of console snobbery imo.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

My hopes:

Kingdom Hearts 3 (I'd buy a PS3 just for that.)

Skyrim

Mass Effect 3

Halo CE remake (?)

DIABLO 3

Battlefield 3

And that is about it for the moment. Would be sweet to see more info on these games.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

It's hard to remember, but the best selling console of this generation, but a country mile has been the Wii. It may not have catered to hardcore gamers (although I would argue it has done so more than the others if you count classic games as hardcore, and grimy FPS's as more casual 'graphics' gamer games) but it has revolutionised gaming in the current generation.

OK, two points:

1) Sales - Xbox is now selling more than Wii, which is selling more than PS3, though really there's no country mile between any of them: http://uk.gamespot.c...nes%3Btitle%3B6

2) Hardcore gaming - Really? You've actually competed on Smash World then? Only they actually discourage the use of Nintendo's in-game SSBB matchmaking system because it fails to punish bad habits and therefore isn't good practice for tournaments. In fact it doesn't even adhere to standard global Smash World rules. Some criticise SSBB as a retrograde step in terms of metagame from SSBM. Mario Kart Wii's online games can be hacked, making it unsuitable for proper online competition unless done through a dedicated fansite. You still can't even talk to people online unless you have their Friend Code. Nintendo don't give a damn about anything hardcore except Pokemon, and even then, the removal of Vs Seeker is a clear attempt to make EV grinding much harder, and the lack of guarenteed Ditto snags in B/W renders IV-breeding hard for those without Gen IV games. How you can say Nintendo are still hardcore is beyond me.

I'm hoping for HL2: Episode 3 to be released/announced.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

OK, two points:

1) Sales - Xbox is now selling more than Wii, which is selling more than PS3, though really there's no country mile between any of them: http://uk.gamespot.c...nes%3Btitle%3B6

2) Hardcore gaming - Really? You've actually competed on Smash World then? Only they actually discourage the use of Nintendo's in-game SSBB matchmaking system because it fails to punish bad habits and therefore isn't good practice for tournaments. In fact it doesn't even adhere to standard global Smash World rules. Some criticise SSBB as a retrograde step in terms of metagame from SSBM. Mario Kart Wii's online games can be hacked, making it unsuitable for proper online competition unless done through a dedicated fansite. You still can't even talk to people online unless you have their Friend Code. Nintendo don't give a damn about anything hardcore except Pokemon, and even then, the removal of Vs Seeker is a clear attempt to make EV grinding much harder, and the lack of guarenteed Ditto snags in B/W renders IV-breeding hard for those without Gen IV games. How you can say Nintendo are still hardcore is beyond me.

They have all been around for at least 5 years now. Eventually Wii would slow down in its sales, but it is a fact (not disputable) that Wii has sold more than the others over its lifespan. I would call wii's 85+ million console sales compared to 50+ million from the other two a clear country mile.

There really isn't need for the anger, I was merely stating my view that in a way, it can be seen as the more hardcore console. To me, grimy FPS games and sports games which seem to take a majority share of those played on the 360 and ps3 actually cater to more casual gamers than games like Zelda and Smash Bros. Again, that is only my view and you are welcome to view otherwise, but it is a fact that Wii has sold better, thus catering to many more people than the other two consoles, has become a household name and a trnd setter for all consoles. It has in no short terms revolutionised modern gaming.

However, I have this dispute often with people as to their definition of 'best'. To me it is what caters to the most people and sells best. It's a Mcdonalds vs Gordon Ramsey argument.

zqXeV.jpg

Weird, nintendo already released the 3ds, so all the 'major' news of this conference from them is only gonna revolve around the 'new wii', which, imo, will be the dsi of the nintendo family (in that it'll have a few more 'nifty features', but essentially it'll be the same old thing).

As much as it pains me to disagree with ginger/agree with a mod, in this instance, I have to. Take a look at all the other systems and their gaming: xbox has kinect, which is glitchy at best and has severely limited 'freeline gaming'. Playstation has their new controller thingy, which is essentially the wii's remote with a few minor asthetic changes/worse control issues. The wii came up with 'freeline gaming' before the other 2 systems, and since then has sold to every major age-group with incredible results (even including the elderly, which, in itself is a pretty big feat for something that's essentially a 'toy). The wii caters to all niches, and until playstation/xbox cater to the other markets besides teenagers, they're doomed to fail.

div>

Weird, nintendo already released the 3ds, so all the 'major' news of this conference from them is only gonna revolve around the 'new wii', which, imo, will be the dsi of the nintendo family (in that it'll have a few more 'nifty features', but essentially it'll be the same old thing).

Aparently the new Nintendo console (I'll be adressing it as project cafe from now on) is a brand new one that is backwards compatible with the current wii. Think of it like GC->Wii , GBA-> DS and DS-3DS.

But hey, it's all rumours so far.

Also, again, pretty pretty pretty please, mother 4. :pray:

Apart from NES>SNES, Nintendo don't do things like normal companies and just produce a sequel console like Sony or Microsoft do. They seem to reinvent themselves every console.

zqXeV.jpg

GB Color to GBA wasn't huge either.

Sorry if I came off as angry before, it's more frustration with the fact that Nintendo has very good competitive games, but XBL and PSN have left Nintendo's online multiplayer services obselete (even if it's free) and this means that PvP competition just isn't that accessible without joining a fansite for that particular game. There's potential not being realised with Nintendo's games and it's painful to watch while CoD gets (re)released like an annual and without doing anything really radical, inherits the online spotlight.

If Nintendo had an online delivery service like XBL, I'd gladly pay £40 for it.

You could also argue, that the transition from n64 to gcn was a step back when it comes to the games themselves. After all, gamecube never truly matched ocarina of time (mind you, windwaker came damn close).

div>