E3 2011

Demoli

unless you're a stockholder for nintendo, why would you orgasm over their sales?

all it means is that nintendo has a lot of sheep that they can milk.

And unless you're a fanboy, it shouldn't matter so long as you get a good game out of it.

that has nothing to do with what i said

make a list of "good" wii games. i need a laugh

go play cursed mountain. it's fun

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless you're a stockholder for nintendo, why would you orgasm over their sales?

all it means is that nintendo has a lot of sheep that they can milk.

And unless you're a fanboy, it shouldn't matter so long as you get a good game out of it.

that has nothing to do with what i said

make a list of "good" wii games. i need a laugh

Must I really? Should I note 3rd party only? Whichever.

3rd party

Zack and Wiki (best 3rd party Wii game in my opinion)

Okami

Resident Evil 4

No More Heroes

Mad World

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

The Conduit 1 & 2

Red Steel 1 and/or 2 (not sure which is better, as I've never played any of these two...)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (yea, I put a minigame collection on here, but this one [one] of the first and is perhaps the best).

World of Goo (pretty sure this is only on the Wii as far as consoles are concerned)

Cave Story (WiiWare, but you asked for games).

1st party

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption & Metroid: Other M

Mario Kart Wii & Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, maybe NSMB

Kirby Epic Yarn

Super Smash Bros Brawl

others I can't think of at this point in time

Come back, try again.

For the record, I own all three consoles. The most played has been the Wii. Strange. For example, here are the best (in my opinion) games on the PS3: Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, LBP 1 & 2, Portal 2.

ozXHe7P.png

Are you really going to try and defend 'The Conduit' series as being anything but abysmal?

I mean I'd really like your rationale for that. I think you should be the one to explain. I mean I could almost see a defense for the 1st (it wasn't good but still) but the 2nd is just pure garbage, even by a Wii FPS benchmark.

Are you really going to try and defend 'The Conduit' series as being anything but abysmal?

I mean I'd really like your rationale for that. I think you should be the one to explain. I mean I could almost see a defense for the 1st (it wasn't good but still) but the 2nd is just pure garbage, even by a Wii FPS benchmark.

I played the games, thought it was very good. Then again, I'm not a usual bash-Wii guy :'(

How can you call a game good if you've never played it? (In reference to Red Steel)

Let me reword the question: how can you call a game bad if you've never played it? Yet, around here, I see this sentiment from many individuals.

ozXHe7P.png

I played the games, thought it was very good. Then again, I'm not a usual bash-Wii guy :'(

have you played other FPS games?

Eh forget it, no point in trying to argue. Point being though is that a lot of those games you listed as 'amazing' Wii experiences are just mediocre games in general. (or subpar ports from other systems). The only decent games the Wii has are a handful of it's first party titles. Problem is Nintendo needs more than just 1st party titles to sell a console.

have you played other FPS games?

Eh forget it, no point in trying to argue. Point being though is that a lot of those games you listed as 'amazing' Wii experiences are just mediocre games in general. (or subpar ports from other systems). The only decent games the Wii has are a handful of it's first party titles. Problem is Nintendo needs more than just 1st party titles to sell a console.

Have you played any games on my aforementioned list for more than 26 seconds? Just wondering! I can make aimless questions based on difference in opinion all day, too. It's easy!

ozXHe7P.png

I've seen enough video of most of those games to make a decent opinion off of them. I'm not going to go out and waste money on a Wii and games just so someone on the internet will let me have an opinion about them. I don't have to play a game to know its garbage (case in point the level design in Conduit 2 looks like it came straight out of an N64 era FPS. Not even trolling either, I think Goldeneye had more varied environments).

I don't even remember what the original purpose of the argument was. Something about the Wii having poor 3rd party support, which is true. Even if you think those games are incredible there is a large number of people who find the Wii's 3rd party options to be poor. (and Nintendo has historically had that issue.)

Yeah E3 was boring.

Only good thing is Giant Bomb had a ton of people from the industry to talk to and got some incredible interviews and podcasts done. As far as the actual press conferences go they were real disappointing though.

I've seen enough video of most of those games to make a decent opinion off of them. I'm not going to go out and waste money on a Wii and games just so someone on the internet will let me have an opinion about them.

How can you call a game good if you've never played it? (In reference to Red Steel)

Let me reword the question: how can you call a game bad if you've never played it? Yet, around here, I see this sentiment from many individuals.

My point stands.

As far as E3 goes, I still stand behind what I think of the "best" conferences from the big 3, in that Nintendo's conference was most impressive, followed by Sony's and then ....... Microsoft's.

ozXHe7P.png

My point stands.

For the record me and Boros are two different people and share two different opinions.

I've seen enough video of most of those games to make a decent opinion off of them. I'm not going to go out and waste money on a Wii and games just so someone on the internet will let me have an opinion about them.

My point stands.

As far as E3 goes, I still stand behind what I think of the "best" conferences from the big 3, in that Nintendo's conference was most impressive, followed by Sony's and then ....... Microsoft's.

Your point? You didn't make a point, you completely avoided giving a real answer to my question by saying that.

I see my formatting has failed. I simply reversed some random dude's comment and it (unsurprisingly) applies to another dude's comment.

How amazing!

Point is me and that other dude don't share the same opinions.

If you can like things without playing them I can dislike them without playing. At any rate this entire argument has gotten dumb. I really was hoping to understand why you enjoyed Conduit 2 though, no troll.

I see my formatting has failed. I simply reversed some random dude's comment and it (unsurprisingly) applies to another dude's comment.

How amazing!

And as I said, you didn't really answer my question, you avoided it. Try again.

I see we have a failure to communicate. I did not (and do not) care to answer your question, but I saw a prime opportunity to prove a point, in that you can't judge a game if you've never played it. Nadril proved my point by admitting he has never played The Conduit and so forth, and I proved it by going by others' opinions. So see, we're all guilty of it in the end!

ozXHe7P.png

How amazing!

And as I said, you didn't really answer my question, you avoided it. Try again.

I see we have a failure to communicate. I did not (and do not) care to answer your question, but I saw a prime opportunity to prove a point, in that you can't judge a game if you've never played it. Nadril proved my point by admitting he has never played The Conduit and so forth.

This argument is moving nowhere, the "you can't judge a game if you've never played it" applies to both of our sides. At this point we're treading water, I'm done here.

Anyone know of a good site that has summed up all of this years E3 information?

Sequels, reboots, and a gigantic-ass controller.

E3 2011 in a nutshell.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Probably just spent the past hour and a half browsing gamespot. I'm excited for the Uncharted sequel and the new Elder Scroll. The new Zelda looks a bit weird.. Overall looks like it'll be a good year for gaming.

tFtfA.jpg

Anyone know of a good site that has summed up all of this years E3 information?

Sequels, reboots, and a gigantic-ass controller.

E3 2011 in a nutshell.

It's not that big. Or not as big as the original Xbox controller at least...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg