Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

E3 2011

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

I played the games, thought it was very good. Then again, I'm not a usual bash-Wii guy :'(

have you played other FPS games?

Eh forget it, no point in trying to argue. Point being though is that a lot of those games you listed as 'amazing' Wii experiences are just mediocre games in general. (or subpar ports from other systems). The only decent games the Wii has are a handful of it's first party titles. Problem is Nintendo needs more than just 1st party titles to sell a console.

Have you played any games on my aforementioned list for more than 26 seconds? Just wondering! I can make aimless questions based on difference in opinion all day, too. It's easy!

ozXHe7P.png

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I've seen enough video of most of those games to make a decent opinion off of them. I'm not going to go out and waste money on a Wii and games just so someone on the internet will let me have an opinion about them. I don't have to play a game to know its garbage (case in point the level design in Conduit 2 looks like it came straight out of an N64 era FPS. Not even trolling either, I think Goldeneye had more varied environments).

I don't even remember what the original purpose of the argument was. Something about the Wii having poor 3rd party support, which is true. Even if you think those games are incredible there is a large number of people who find the Wii's 3rd party options to be poor. (and Nintendo has historically had that issue.)

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, going back to E3, has anyone felt kind of.. disapointed with the conferences? I mean, there were some good ones (Sony, Nintendo, Ubi), but nothing that gamebreaking.

Plus, what was the moment of E3 2011 for you? Mine was:

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Yeah E3 was boring.

Only good thing is Giant Bomb had a ton of people from the industry to talk to and got some incredible interviews and podcasts done. As far as the actual press conferences go they were real disappointing though.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

I've seen enough video of most of those games to make a decent opinion off of them. I'm not going to go out and waste money on a Wii and games just so someone on the internet will let me have an opinion about them.

How can you call a game good if you've never played it? (In reference to Red Steel)

Let me reword the question: how can you call a game bad if you've never played it? Yet, around here, I see this sentiment from many individuals.

My point stands.

As far as E3 goes, I still stand behind what I think of the "best" conferences from the big 3, in that Nintendo's conference was most impressive, followed by Sony's and then ....... Microsoft's.

ozXHe7P.png

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

How can you call a game good if you've never played it? (In reference to Red Steel)

Let me reword the question: how can you call a game bad if you've never played it? Yet, around here, I see this sentiment from many individuals.

My point stands.

For the record me and Boros are two different people and share two different opinions.

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • RSN:Armyman19

I've seen enough video of most of those games to make a decent opinion off of them. I'm not going to go out and waste money on a Wii and games just so someone on the internet will let me have an opinion about them.

My point stands.

As far as E3 goes, I still stand behind what I think of the "best" conferences from the big 3, in that Nintendo's conference was most impressive, followed by Sony's and then ....... Microsoft's.

Your point? You didn't make a point, you completely avoided giving a real answer to my question by saying that.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
I see my formatting has failed. I simply reversed some random dude's comment and it (unsurprisingly) applies to another dude's comment.

How amazing!

ozXHe7P.png

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

I see my formatting has failed. I simply reversed some random dude's comment and it (unsurprisingly) applies to another dude's comment.

How amazing!

And as I said, you didn't really answer my question, you avoided it. Try again.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

How amazing!

Point is me and that other dude don't share the same opinions.

If you can like things without playing them I can dislike them without playing. At any rate this entire argument has gotten dumb. I really was hoping to understand why you enjoyed Conduit 2 though, no troll.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

How amazing!

I see we have a failure to communicate. I did not (and do not) care to answer your question, but I saw a prime opportunity to prove a point, in that you can't judge a game if you've never played it. Nadril proved my point by admitting he has never played The Conduit and so forth, and I proved it by going by others' opinions. So see, we're all guilty of it in the end!

ozXHe7P.png

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

How amazing!

I see we have a failure to communicate. I did not (and do not) care to answer your question, but I saw a prime opportunity to prove a point, in that you can't judge a game if you've never played it. Nadril proved my point by admitting he has never played The Conduit and so forth.

This argument is moving nowhere, the "you can't judge a game if you've never played it" applies to both of our sides. At this point we're treading water, I'm done here.

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
Anyone know of a good site that has summed up all of this years E3 information?

Ps. Lets end this back and forth bickering as I see it going nowhere good.
Posted Image

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:dizzle229

Sequels, reboots, and a gigantic-ass controller.

E3 2011 in a nutshell.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
Here you go steve: http://e3.gamespot.com/

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
Probably just spent the past hour and a half browsing gamespot. I'm excited for the Uncharted sequel and the new Elder Scroll. The new Zelda looks a bit weird.. Overall looks like it'll be a good year for gaming.
Posted Image

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Sequels, reboots, and a gigantic-ass controller.

E3 2011 in a nutshell.

It's not that big. Or not as big as the original Xbox controller at least...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users