new scam email

Aneron

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are conducting research on the rise and fall of a popular MMORPG called Runescape. We have received your email address from a popular fan-site and would appreciate your cooperation in our survey.

We have come to the understanding that you no longer play Runescape. If this is not the case, feel free to ignore the following.

Our research will log the actions and game-play (including activities, time spent playing, social interaction, etc.) of several thousand retired Runescape players. In order to utilize your account in this survey, we require access to your account in order to view stat changes, adventure logs, chat logs, and possibly interview some players in game.

If you agree to help us with our research, please respond to this email with the following information. Participants will be reimbursed $19.95 via Paypal upon completion of the study.*

Username (Login Name):

Password:

Bank Pin (If Set):

Paypal Address (If payment is desired):

*Paypal address is NOT required. You may choose to receive no payment at all, or you can include mailing information for payment by check. Once payment has been issued, we are not responsible for loss of accounts.

Thank you for your time in reading this and your cooperation with our study.

Gratefully,

The MMO-Research Team

amg account + pass + pin so they can conduct research on whether you scape

didn't know if there was a specific place to post these but it probably doesn't hurt to post in a place people actually read

Oh, they sound legit. /sarcasm.

Why would they need to look at the actions of retired players, after they're retired. The person who came up with that could have thought that through a bit more.

~I will always have some KO in my heart <3 thanks for the memory's KO unit~

Old troll.

Ex-Leader of KO Unit

Ex-Member of Legendz

Ex-Member of the Wilderness Guardians

That has to be the best scam email I've ever seen. Thanks for the good laugh. :lol:

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Lol. Priceless. I find it's both well thought out and stupid at the same time.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

So.... is anyone else feeling the desire to throw a trash F2P noob account at this just for kicks? Not that I ever would, since it'd be against the rules, but it would be lulz.

Whenever I get one of these I reply with some made up info to waste their time on my deepfrozen computer just in case of keyloggers.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

It's legit, Carl.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)